Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Looking for Scruffy  (Read 2908 times)

Offline Ness

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Looking for Scruffy
« on: September 18, 2008, 01:27:10 PM »
Hello

We returned to Kalkan for our 4th visit, (we love it) and always donate to KAPSA, we think they are doing a fantastic job.  We often bring friends out with us who all find the people and animals of Kalkan so friendly and welcoming.  I for one will be setting up a direct debit to support the work of KAPSA.  This year though I found a stray dog (known affectionally as Scruffy) who is the sweetest and most delightful little dog, who spent most of her time with us.  She was residing near the Kulube Hotel and I think she may have visited Cafe Vita sometimes.  I am trying to trace her as she appears to have moved from this location.  She is tagged (neutered) and her no is 308.  I enclose a picture.  Does anyone know of her whereabouts? I know some kind people from KAPSA are trying to locate her.

I hope you don''t mind my enquiry, but she really touched my heart.

Ness

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2426.0

Offline kalkankiki

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Looking for Scruffy
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 01:45:36 PM »
hi
she is indeed a very sweet dog, she was outside the post office this morning so has moved back towards town. i know that she also is fed by an english couple who live along the kalamar road in from the chinese.
i am sure that if there were no quarintine laws kalkans dog problem would be solved overnight!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 02:28:56 PM »
Hello Ness

I''m interested in setting up standing order (they can''t do Direct Debits because of the complicated way the banks work these and the costs involved) to KASPA, but thought it couldn''t be done until they''ve set up a UK bank account  ???  Do you know if this has now been done and have the details? Perhaps someone from KASPA can help here? I''ve been saving money in an old account here in UK and planned to withdraw it and deposit it in the Turkish acount for KASPA when we come over next year (only £10 per month but it all helps doesn''t it?)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Reygirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 06:44:08 PM »
She was a regular visitor to the villa my friend and i rented in July 2007 but havent''s seen her on any subsequent visits.  That''s a lovely photo of her and I''m really pleased to know she''s still around.

Offline jinfizzz

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 09:32:38 PM »
Hi, this dog jumped over the wall of our apartment at the weekend, came and sat with us on our terrace and then got into a fight with a huge dog who had also jumped over the wall.  They ripped about three of our brand new sunbed covers and covered them with mud as well.  Normally we are dog people, but while we were in Kalkan this time, a Mummy cat and her 6 new kittens sought refuge with us and we were looking after them and feeding them.  The dogs absolutely petrified the poor Mummy cat, so I''m afraid we weren''t best pleased to see these two dogs.  Sorry!

Offline Marni

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 08:27:11 PM »
Hi

This looks very much like Balder (spelling??) who lives at the Kulube.  Erhan who works with his brother at Alternatif used to run the bar in Kulube so it could be that she visits him in town from time to time. 

Could be wrong......cute dog tho.....

M

Offline Ness

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 11:12:07 AM »
Hi

Thank you so much for your replies re Scruffy!  it''s such a relief to know she is ok.  Sorry to hear about the sunbed incident, hope the mummy cat and kittens are doing o.k.  I have seen Scruffy with cats and she appears to get on with them fine.  I must conclude that it was the bigger dog who started the aggro!

To the person who enquired about donations to KAPSA, they do have a bank account recently set up.  The details are IS Bankasi Kalkan, cutomer no. 198749070  account no. 6276 32981.  I am not sure about the position of direct debits from the UK.  If anyone can enlighten me that would be great.

If anyone has further sightings or news re ( Scruffy, Bella, etc) would love to hear from you.  Thanks again and look forward to returning to Kalkan next year..... :

Offline Onesque

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 02:00:47 PM »
I am sure my wife and I had lunch with Scruffy yesterday (Sunday) at AliBaba''s near the post office. Scruffy seemed quite happy and OK. Hope this helps.

Offline Queenie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 09:37:46 PM »
Ness and Kalkan4eva

I have it on good authority that KAPSA are just waiting for the UK bank account number to come through. All the paperwork has been submitted to open the account, so there should be something on EK within the next week or so I would think!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 06:37:26 PM »
great news, Queenie.
I already had the Turkish account details, so will set up my standing order to the UK account as soon as it becomes known.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Trio Meet 08

Views: 4384
By: BevJam
EK 70s Night