Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: SLING BOX  (Read 1646 times)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
SLING BOX
« on: September 19, 2008, 11:30:04 AM »
Hi,  I have a thing called a " sling box " set up at my villa......it is supposed to let you receive all the TV channels you get at home - including Sky etc etc - 

We are having a lot of trouble getting it to work, we do sometimes get it to work, but not for long, we have the fastest broadband connection at home and in Kalkan, so cant be that..........can anyone offer any help ? ? ?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2431.0
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: SLING BOX
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 01:36:51 PM »
If it sometimes works but not for long it is probalby down to you not getting the advertised connection speed at one or both ends of your link. You can check this by Googling (Broadband Speedcheck), this will give you a number of sites which will carry out a speed check.

The important figures are the UK upload speed and the Kalkan download speed. 

Regards

Alan

Offline Gary

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: SLING BOX
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 06:18:31 AM »
you will find the weakest link here in turkey the down load speed is not consistant and you find that the speed that you pay for is what you are getting i am using one here myself you are quite welcome to try my one the id is 6BCBF639-A513-7F4296D9-AE40-66A9914E  and the password is patron i shall leave it for a week before i change the password again feel free to try. this is connected to a virgin Cable box in the uk and will give you the full package sky sports etc BBC1/ITV Etc
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 06:26:49 AM by Gary »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

yacht

Views: 4230
By: irfan
DSCF2101.JPG