Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: XL Airline going into administration  (Read 9722 times)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: XL Airline going into administration
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2008, 07:23:31 PM »
they are now also asking for voluntary redundancys amongst managers and ground staff...think i''ll hang on a while before i book any flight to anywhere!! :o
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2008, 03:39:52 PM »
What we have to remember is the XL were a major player in the travel industry...third largest company in the UK, so it looks as though you''re not assured your holiday or flights no matter who you book with in these difficult times. We have to watch and wait now and see who goes to the all next. Shame on Monarch, Thomas Cook and Thomson who all saw fit to double the cost of the air fares for the next few weeks...I will never travel with any of them again as a point of principal.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline kalkanfan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2008, 04:08:07 PM »
Kalkan4eva - a very bold statement to make about your future travel plans - you''ll be leaving yourself with a very limited choice going forward!  Let''s hope Easyjet don''t go under.

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2008, 04:35:17 PM »
All the main airlines use automatic booking systems that price according to demand and the number of seatsavailable. So as soon as large numbers of people started looking for altenative flights the prices went up, if over the next few days demand goes down the prices will fall back. How far they come down will depend on how many, if any, seats are left.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2008, 04:50:04 PM »
I know Kalkanfan.....I am probably limiting my ability to fly to Dalaman by declaring I will NEVER travel with the companies who appeared to be the worst offenders - the easyjet flights work off the same principal alantj states but theirs went up by £50, not double and in some cases more (this was particularly the case with flights from Dalaman for those stranded out there who purchased flight only with XL) it was profiteering on a grand scale.

Easyjet only go from Gatwick to Dalaman so we have to keep our fingers crossed that Onur, Turkish Airlines, Exclusive Escapes and the like can hold up over the credit crunch or we''ll be driving to Kalkan next year ;D ;D...or perhaps just to Gatwick as that would be nearer ;)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2008, 06:14:06 PM »
perhaps if people are holding off booking and do so for long enough, prices willl come back down to a more reasonable level? we won''t be booking for a while till we see how things pan out..

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2008, 06:32:58 PM »
Kalkan4ever,

Depending on what airlines survive the winter, you might catch me heading in the opposite direction trying to avoid Easyjet. We always used BA for flights to Kalkan - excellent service and reasonable prices. Since Easyjet took over and introduced its usual basic service prices have rocketed (e.g Sept/Oct is around £450, or around £120 more than a BA flight to New york).

Regards

Alan

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2008, 10:09:58 PM »
Hi
We have flown with Easyjet twice this year to Dalaman and back. They were very good, if you don''t mind the non-allocation of seat initial push and shove!
Em
Em

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2008, 10:59:35 PM »
Em
We travelled earlier this year to Kalkan with Easyjet (originally booked on BA), the service is ok, although not as good as BA, however prices do seem to have shot up. Last year we flew out for the Oct half term with BA for about £160 each this year its £500. Of course oil has gone up but even so! 

Regards

Alan       

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Aegean Flights into administration

Started by dabber29 on Flights and Travel

1 Replies
Last post August 03, 2011, 05:20:43 PM
by Chucky
xx
Holidays 4UK / Aegeanflights in administration

Started by alantj on General Discussion

27 Replies
Last post August 06, 2011, 01:29:26 PM
by Cuddles
xx
Best Airline?

Started by Gaynor Chandler on Flights and Travel

20 Replies
Last post September 30, 2010, 10:34:56 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
saga airline

Started by itstime on Flights and Travel

5 Replies
Last post December 04, 2009, 08:26:07 AM
by Blue Lizard

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal