Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Required......Decent restuarant in Kisla......  (Read 4147 times)

Offline robyn

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Required......Decent restuarant in Kisla......
« on: August 27, 2008, 01:42:46 PM »
We have been going to Kisla for a few years now and love the location.  However, with the increasing costs of taxi fares into kalkan center, we decided to try the local restaurants. We have always used Bob''s Street Cafe (for convenience, not quality) but were amazed at the increase in his prices!  We paid more money for a mediocre chicken sandwich than we did for a proper dinner at the Fish Terrace! I have to say  we felt very cheated by him this year. I don''t understand, you would have thought he would want to keep his prices in line with those in town to attract more guests.  The prices in his shop have also increased hugely so my advice to anyone visiting Kisla is make sure you stock up in Kalkan (even with a taxi fare of 12lira on top it is still much much cheaper). 
There is definitely an opening for someone to set up a decent restaurant in Kisla....just hope they hurry up!
(apart from the Mahal, off course, which is just devine!)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2298.0

Offline KislaBlue

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Re: Required......Decent restuarant in Kisla......
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 12:16:00 AM »
Hi there
We have apartment in Kisla and were also suprised this year at the hike in prices at Bob''s this year.
Agree that he has priced himself out of the market for people staying locally and would highly recommend the Fidanka for fab food and ambience.
Kisla Blue

Offline Hannah

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 07:27:58 PM »
Yes, very disappointed in Bob''s this year, 45min for our drinks!! We could certainly do with somewhere Else over there.  Not tried the Fidanka yet!

Offline philb1963

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
    • The Kalkan Apartment
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 07:03:46 PM »
In Bobs defence four of us had a meal one evening last week which was the best meal we have had there in the last couple of years served promptly and very tasty - the sea bass is as good as any I have tatsed in Kalkan.

The shop is for convenience and often you have to pay for that - he will deliver and Ali will even unload the food into your cupboards for you!!  He also does takeaways using his own crockery so you don''t have to wash up!!

We looked at the Fidanka - but didn''t use it, and although it looks a bit more like the "traditional" Kalkan restaurant it is also a little pricier than Bobs, which has a "quirky" character and is attractive to some because of this. ;)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Decent Fizz..?

Started by kalkan4eva on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

7 Replies
Last post April 10, 2012, 10:56:20 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Decent wines

Started by amberpop on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

16 Replies
Last post September 16, 2012, 04:45:07 PM
by Livingproof
xx
Kisla

Started by Sulwath on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

16 Replies
Last post May 06, 2011, 09:49:54 PM
by kalkan4eva
recycled
KISLA

Started by josie on General Discussion

15 Replies
Last post January 31, 2010, 03:40:45 PM
by casey

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal