Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Sky TV  (Read 1714 times)

Offline rat2

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Sky TV
« on: September 05, 2008, 09:08:31 PM »
Gary,

I think you''ll find that satellite TV was only launched in 1994 - if you''ve been installing it since the start, that''s 14 years, not 30. That''s quite an exaggeration!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2334.0

Offline Gary

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Sky TV
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 10:07:53 AM »
you should get your facts right i have invoices to prove you wrong. sky started around 1989 with 16 ch alba''''s and amstrad receivers satellite TV was about way before sky even started  with super channel etc on 13 deg  and the package ran by thorn emi on intelsat 27.5 deg  all of this was in analogue  this is where discovery country music tv and a few over channels first started straight from the USA these where the days when a 1.2 metre needed just for what is know for hotbird these days, the first motorised receiver i had was a Sky Scan Canadian made the first fixed was a uniden ust7007 then they made a postisner for it  the 771 and for your information the first Turkish commercial tv channel to show Turkish lig football was a company called a french owned company which owned Cine 5 and super Sport they lost it then Teleon had it the following year

if you like any more info please you have my email address, and if you want to carry on this topic and slag me of a bit more please do but put it under the right heading and start a fresh topic.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 04:49:35 PM by Gary »

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
Sky TV
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 11:10:57 AM »
Would have to agree with Gary here. I remember my parents having Sky right from the start (about 1990)when there was about 30 channels. I remember singing along to a music channel that was like a karoke channel but didn''''t have any videos on, can''''t remember what it was called but I used to love it ! A quick search on google also confirms that Sky did indeed launch in 1989.

I''''ve now moved this topic for anyone else who remembers the old days of Sky tv.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 11:14:16 AM by Mrs Enjoy Kalkan »

Offline Gary

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Sky TV
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 04:29:16 PM »
thanks for checking that out i do hate idle gossip  and being called a liar. the reason we were in business doing this job for so long is being recommended i certainly will steer clear of this person RAT 2 was it

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Islands at dusk

Views: 3909
By: cer
kalkan