Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 30th Anniversary celebration in Kalkan  (Read 2130 times)

Offline JACQUIVIVA

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
30th Anniversary celebration in Kalkan
« on: August 28, 2008, 04:16:27 PM »
We returned last weekend from our third visit to Kalkan, we wanted to celebrate our 30Th here because its such a lovely place.

We had a great time and everyone was so kind to us.

Our special day

Speed boat trip round Kalkan bay by Blue Marlin water sports, lovely family wife was from Lancashire and the most cheerfull baby son. They gave us a card and present from there mothers shop Saffrons under Pirat Hotel which was a lovely surprise thankyou again if you read this. We went right into the caves the sea was such a lovely blue and starting out at 9.30am before all the gullets left meant we nearly had all the bay to ourselves, got speed up at mouse island absolutely brilliant. Would recommend this for special occasion or a party of about 4/5 people cost about 350 lira for a hour and a half.

Dropped us a Yali beach club where we chilled out all day what an entrance Posh and Becks eat your heart out !

We booked a meal at the Trio restaurant starting with hibiscus champagne cocktails at the bar ,we promised we would go this year never made it last time, meal was superb started to talk to one of the three brothers who runs it and he gave us some advise on where to eat in Istanbul, which we were traveling to after Kalkan. After dinner they gave us a complementary hibiscus cocktail each with sparklers in.

Then on to our favorite coffee stop Cafedelmar we now know Murat quite well as we can''t keep away from his cakes and coffee, he does a great ice coffee too, on telling him it was our 30th anniversary he produce champage as well can''t thank him enough. He plays Turkish music which we love, i don''t want to hear pop on holiday.

Did we make the right choice on choosing Kalkan yes we did, the people are so kind.

Other Examples

The tailors daughter helped my husband with his Turkish speaking.

Doy Doy waiter remembered us from previous years and the steak was great.

Paparazzi restaurant a Turkish family remembered us and i love their saffron chicken so we have gone every year.

So all in all we had a wonderfull time where else could you get this kindness!

Olive garden /Kaptains table we also had good meals.

Flamingo bar up the side roads is good to chill out.

Will we return yes of course we will.

I miss it already, thankyou to everyone who works so hard to make our holidays special.

I love Kalkan

On a sad note bars seem to be getting louder music , prices are going up, but the people don''t change i hope long may it survive in its present form.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2307.0

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: 30th Anniversary celebration in Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 05:57:21 PM »
Nice one J, happy anniversary. :)
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Birthday Celebration in Mussakka last night

Started by chrissy1 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

6 Replies
Last post July 05, 2013, 10:11:09 PM
by suzyq1
xx
Aug 30th: Our last full day in Kalkan

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

8 Replies
Last post August 30, 2009, 11:50:51 PM
by Roxie
recycled
Solo Travellers in Kalkan 19th to 30th April

Started by Synchronicity on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post April 15, 2010, 10:14:27 AM
by ocean dreamer
xx
Anniversary

Started by alshepuk on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

12 Replies
Last post April 06, 2010, 06:33:24 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal