Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Weather in early October  (Read 5078 times)

Offline londongirl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Weather in early October
« on: August 21, 2008, 12:17:18 PM »
We are looking forward to spending the first 2 weeks of October in Kalkan, our first visit back in 10 years, so we are expecting to see a few changes!  A couple of questions I''m hoping someone can answer.  Will the weather have cooled down a bit by then and we are renting a villa near the school - how far will we be from the town and is it a steep climb!
Thanks.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2266.0

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Weather in early October
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 12:30:00 PM »
Hi Londongirl - wow - 10 years - yes - you will see some changes indeed - but thankfully, as you have probably gathered - not so much within the heart of the village itself!!  The weather will be cooler than the fierce heat and humidity of July/Aug - so you may just need a cardi of an evening - otherwise - the temp should be lovely for you and the sea lovely too! 

How near the school - is near the school - if it is right next to it - then you will have about a 5 min to nearest shops/restaurant and 10 mins max to harbour beach and farthest point - Kleo bar.  Not too much of a climb either - just a bit of a steep bit up school hill!

enjoy!  8)
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline hel66

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 08:56:24 AM »
Hi Londongirl,
 It usually starts raining in October and if your lucky you may be here to witness one of the fantastic electrical thunderstorms that occur here betwwen October and April, they really are a tremendous spectacle. The rain can be so severe it washes away roads, if like me you like heavy rain then kalkan is great

As for where you''re located, it is quite a steep hill.
  I usually do a good few sessions at the gym b4 coming to kalkan just to make sure my calf and thigh muscles don''t give way on the way back up to the villla.
 You could get a taxi but they tend to be a bit expensive
Save Kisiltas- ban the D400

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 11:42:36 AM »
October is a lovely time of year to go, the sea is lovely & warm, the weather is good, bit chilly at night time, this is my favorite time of year, not really seen that much rain in October unless it comes at the end of the month.

Offline londongirl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 11:51:08 AM »
Thank you Lougie - I think Hel66 must have been having a bad day!! ;D

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 12:12:01 PM »
I think your villa is in good location too, bit of a hill but it''s OK.

You will see so many changes, the heart of the village is still the same but the number of villa''s etc has grown a hell of a lot, still the same magical place though, lovely people & the best food in the world!!

Offline newballs

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 12:37:32 PM »
Why is hel66 having a bad day?????
 It rains every October. In 2006 there was torrential rain for 3 days solid in October, my friend called me over to help bail the water out of there place, it was terrible.
Saying that it''s mostly sunny, but not pleasant if you''re caught

Offline londongirl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 12:38:43 PM »
We have very happy memories of rooftop restaurants, great food, friendly people and some of the best views ever.  The hill will go some way to working off some of that great food! After reading some of the posts we are expecting the place to have expanded quite a bit but its good to hear the ''soul'' of Kalkan is still there and we can''t wait to see the place again.

Offline Chris18648

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 02:18:31 PM »
I love Kalkan in October......for the past two years we have experienced torrential rain.In 2006 it was accompanied by a cyclone and some beautiful storms.Three days solid,then beautiful weather ,although just a bit chilly evenings and nighttime.
Last year it rained a few times but not as bad.It was so heavy one afternoon that many of us sheltered with Halit,and spent more money until it cleared.!!!!!
Tea,Apple tea,coffee appeared regularly,it was like a party!!
Wouldn''t get that in H.Samuel.Given all of that,October is one of my favourite times in Kalkan. :-*

Offline londongirl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 03:13:33 PM »
Oh well, we can''t say we''re not used to the rain - its pouring down as I type this and I know where I''d rather be rain or no rain - I''ll pack my waterproofs!

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 04:18:44 PM »
With you on that one Londongirl, we are going for one week at the end of December & I''m really not bothered about the weather at all, just as long as I get some yummy food, meet some nice people & get to see those lovely views that''s all I care about!

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 06:15:05 PM »
We have been to kalkan in October for a number of years and love it. Don''t take waterproofs, just an umberella and a cardigan/wrap/light jacket for the evenings. The day temperatures are great, most evening temperatures are still good although on some evenings you may prefer not to eat on a roof top if it is windy as it becomes a bit cool.

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 06:35:28 PM »
The best way of describing the weather in October is unpredictable. Last year we let our villa for the 3rd week in October, just before our final trip out to lock up for the winter.

Our unfortunate guests arrived to be greeted by persistant rain and UK tempertures, the first time they saw the sun on holiday was on the drive back to the airport. We arrived the next day in warm sunshine which lasted all week, into early November (the only indication we had of the previous weeks bad weather was when I jumped into the pool and nearly froze - it warmed back up over the next few days).

Our guests claimed they still had a good time, huddling round fires in various restaurants to keep warm and trying to dry out, but sofar we haven''t heard from them again.

Alan       

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 07:26:54 PM »
Hi
I agree, the weather can be damn good, or simply horrible! I have not found it particularly cold in the house, nothing a jumper and extra blanket on the bed can''t solve. If the weather is good, Kalkan is really lovely, nice walks nearby, and empty beaches to picnic on.
Em
Em

Offline RosiB

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 08:30:06 PM »
We always go for the October half term week (usually last week in October). Last year was the only time we''ve had bad weather in the last 10 years!Agree that the evenings can be cool and pool is too cold to use, but everything else is great!

Ros

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Weather Late Sept/Early October

Started by MrsC1701 on Weather

7 Replies
Last post April 20, 2012, 10:18:27 AM
by MrsC1701
recycled
Holiday in late September/early October

Started by elise on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post June 22, 2009, 11:04:36 AM
by Chris18648
xx
weather in early May

Started by the place of dreams on Weather

6 Replies
Last post April 29, 2008, 05:52:50 AM
by rookie
xx
Weather early November

Started by maryjane on Weather

3 Replies
Last post October 13, 2011, 09:24:24 PM
by Reygirl

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kekova 2006

Views: 3769
By: yoyo
June 2011 Holiday