Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: PROBLEMS WITH POWER SUPPLY?  (Read 4373 times)

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
  • Everyone smiles in the same language
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
PROBLEMS WITH POWER SUPPLY?
« on: August 21, 2008, 09:23:22 AM »
Hi to all owners, especially resident ones, has anyone experienced power problems (other than the usual cuts and dips) this year, we are having some real problems at the moment where we have only 150v on one phase and 170 on the other. I am wondering whether there is a general supply problem or one that is specific to our villa. 

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2264.0
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Offline newballs

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: PROBLEMS WITH POWER SUPPLY?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 07:11:03 AM »
Hi Headroom, just noticed this buried amongst other subjects, just interested to know, whereabouts you are, as the power and water problems seem to be more localised this year, so where are you?

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 08:57:07 PM »
Hi Newballs,
   we are in kiziltas, off up the hill beyond the petrol station towards fethiye/dalaman, where the new childrens playground we are down to the right.

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 10:50:38 AM »
Hi.

We are in Kiziltas, to the right of the petrol station, above the new Central car hire and our electricity was awful for the 3 weeks that we were there.  Sometimes it was that low that the air con wouldn''t work at all.  The builder told us that it was a localised problem but we didn''t know if that was true, or if anything can be done about it.
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline kalkan wife

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 08:01:03 PM »
Just to let you all know it''s almost 10pm in Kalkan and the whole village has lost power! I am typing this thanks to a small generator I have in place for my internet and PC (and oh boy has it come into good use the last few months!).

I will keep it on just to have some light!

Offline tiamaria

• Home Sweet Home
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
  • Oooo what a view and it's mine
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 10:17:17 PM »
Hi,
Do you think the problems with the power supply in Kiziltas, may have something to do with the new road and the continued working of it. I know the electric power as always been a problem but if they are saying it''s a localised problem, could this be the cause.
regards
Tiamaria

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 07:10:40 AM »
The power cut on Monday night was not a local problem. The national grid in south west Turkey failed and there was no power between Dalaman and Antalya. It lasted about forty minutes. In general, there is a far more consistent supply this year -  less cuts and less fluctuations in power levels.

In previous years, when there was much lower usage because there were fewer properties, the power cuts were much worse and it was not unusual for power to be out for a minimum of eight hours a day, for days at a time.

We should give recognition to the tremendous work undertaken by Tedas to give us a better power supply in the last few years.

Lantana

Offline Derya

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 09:40:27 AM »
Well said Lantana, cant believe the improvements over the years. The power cuts are nothing like they used to be, I remember the days (many years ago) when you wouldnt even contemplate using an oven as you knew that whatever was in there would still be there in the morning!!!

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 11:46:38 PM »
Hi All, Thanks for your posts, it now seems that the area to the left of Samira deluxe (and including them) whilst looking up from the town is experiencing the same problem as us, Tedas are apparently aware but as yet have not rectified said problem. This is, whilst small consolation, a relief to know we do not have "an internal" power problem.

Offline philb1963

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
    • The Kalkan Apartment
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 10:21:17 AM »
Just to add to this we have just come back from 2 weeks in Kisla and apart from the brief cut referred to above had absolutely no problems with either power or water in that time - not even voltage reductions like last year.

Hope this keeps up! :)

Offline Hoca

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 10:36:59 AM »
The improvement in power supply and regularity has been vast considering the amount of dwellings now connected. You will allways get problems due to the distance and terrain that it crosses to get here, same goes for the water. For the money we pay it is very good service and it still has a human touch when it comes to paying. 

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 10:47:51 AM »
Hi Headroom,
We are in the same area as you and were there 1st 2 weeks in July and last 2 weeks in August. We had no problems and our guests have not mentioned any. Hope we stay lucky!
Cheers Steve

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 11:49:20 AM »
This is just a way of life in Turkey & if it''s your choice to live there then it''s something you must accept.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Water supply problems?

Started by happy days on General Discussion

14 Replies
Last post April 24, 2014, 07:27:06 AM
by happy days
xx
overhead power cables

Started by kevywevy on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post January 21, 2008, 08:12:00 AM
by Lantana
xx
Power surges in Kalkan - Ecosense units

Started by Christina on Living In Kalkan

1 Replies
Last post August 31, 2016, 11:38:55 AM
by M n M
xx
WATER SUPPLY

Started by bryher on General Discussion

20 Replies
Last post April 14, 2010, 06:39:38 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal