Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Su Yok !!  (Read 1990 times)

Offline Sheez

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Su Yok !!
« on: August 18, 2008, 04:21:45 PM »
My recent clients checked in on Saturday & out on Sunday very unhappy - reason.......No Water.  I''m not there myself at the moment but understand it was off for 3 days?

Does anyone know if there are any plans to improve the water supply to Kalkan?  I personally just deal with it (& find it adds slightly to the charm of the place) - but if you are a 1st time Kalkan visitor it can & obviously does spoil your vacation.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2248.0

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Su Yok !!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 04:37:44 PM »
Sorry to hear that,but in sat,out sun,I dont think they give it much of a go,where did they go to when they
left ?
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 05:52:33 PM »
What about fitting storage water tanks....I would not be happy to be without water - never mind my guests.... :o  If you don''t have the facility or can''t install underground water tanks - why not put them on the roof - that is what we did relatively easily and cheaply - I would hate not being able to flush toilets etc etc...!!  :(
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Kim

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 08:05:22 PM »
Yep i would fully agree Felicity.  We were out in May and both the water and electricity wer volatile.  On our last evening, we had neither and when you want to get ready to go out to dinner after a hot, sweaty day, the last thing you want is not to be able to get a shower, wash your hair, dry it in a female way so that you look raveshing!! :oWe ended up going to our pool shower (cold and down 30 steps), nearly got caught naked by a local Turk coming to do some work and hubby was mortified!  You men of course don''t worry about your hair issues, but I do.  Yes, very very cosmetic, but i am sure you nguys would rather have us ladies smelling of roses and looking gorgeous!! (wouldn''t you?)!!!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 08:08:02 PM »
perfectly groomed ladies smelling of roses are great...it keeps the mozzies off me  :D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalcamp

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 08:47:30 PM »
the trouble with water storage tanks is they have to be maintained, especially if they''re in the sun or exposed to heat, some people use their tapwater for making tea and the like, if it''s coming from a water storage tank, I don''t know but I wouldn''t fancy it. There was something on here about keeping water storage tanks clean. It''d so much better if they could just sort out the mains water properly
 3 days without water in this heat

Offline Sheez

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 05:40:46 PM »
I agree Kalkcamp - its a constant reliable mains water supply that I would like seen established.  We do have a ''small'' back-up tank but it''s not exclusive to my apartment & therefore I have no control over the usage of other guests.....ie using washingmachines/dishwasters etc when the water is off.

Kalkan ''officials'' must now start realising that with the UK economy in the doldrums - increasing flight & transfer costs - the greed of the taxi drivers (+ my cleaners upped their fees by a whopping 30% 2007-2008 !!) , Kalkan will struggle to compete for clients.

Kalkan needs to offer a 5* experience & switching off the water & electricity just doesn''t do that.

ps - No idea where they went ....... got in their car & drove off I''m told!
pps - I don''t mind going out smelling of chlorine : )

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal