Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone used a Remoska?  (Read 36764 times)

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Anyone used a Remoska?
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2008, 05:40:20 PM »
Grrrr, I bet they were a lot cheaper there!!
Never mind, Lakeland seem to have a very good reputation and returns policy, can hardly wait now. Will have to find some recipes to try out.
Joan

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2008, 06:12:02 PM »
Hi
Looks like only £5 cheaper in Czech (for the big one)!
Em
Em

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2008, 09:33:04 PM »
It''s arrived!!!! I will be testing it out over the weekend and will let you know how I get on.
I am going to try out a Lemon Lamb recipe that I was given by a Greek restaurateur in Samos, I usually cook it in my pressure cooker but will try it in the Remoska.
Lantana, if you have any handy tips or tried and tested recipes, please pass them on. :-*
Joan

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2008, 11:20:28 PM »
Hi Joan

You will find everything you could possibly want to know about your Remoska at this link. I get all my tips and recipes from here. Happy cooking - and eating.

http://www.hoorayforhomecooking.co.uk/Remoska%20Recipes.htm

Lantana

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2008, 08:32:24 PM »
Thanks Lantana,
I have added that to my favourites
My Lemon Lamb was a success, as was my roast chicken today.
However, my Full English was not!!! It took ages to cook the bacon and I resorted to an improvised tinfoil dish turned upside down to raise the bacon higher but could not get it to crisp and did not bother to try and fry the eggs. Do you preheat yours before cooking?
Thanks
Joan

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2008, 04:44:03 PM »
Joan

Out of interest, how long did it take to roast the chicken?
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline Chris18648

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2008, 08:52:13 PM »
 ;) Evening Joan. WOOOOOOO ,you really started something here.I said after your initial post that I was gearing up for a trip to Ipswich...just so that I could go to Lakeland ....mandatory at least once monthly. :-*
Well today I went to Lakeland..but took Alan along ( ;D ) ,by the time we had driven there I had convinced him that the Remoska is now a necessary part of life !!!!!
 :) I am now a proud owner and will be keen to hear any tips.I have visited the website suggested earlier which is very informative.Tomorrow I will have my first practice run !! Chris.x

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2008, 09:22:10 PM »
Way to go Chris,
we shall be able to confer and swop tips. I have today bought  small size cake cooler trays to use as trivets. (Bargain , pack of 2 for a quid)
Littlelin - it took approx 1 hour, I checked with my meat thermometer to ensure it was cooked. It was lovely and moist. I will use a Roasting Bag next time , to keep the juices in so that I can cook my veggies at the same time.
It is not as convenient or as quick as a microwave, but browns and crisps, more versatile than a slow cooker and seems to be very cost effective.
However, I have just been looking at the JML Halogen Oven and that looks very interesting. Similar concept but looks to be much quicker but not as cost effective. Has anyone used one of these and would like to give their opinion?
Joan

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2008, 09:52:32 PM »
LOL Joan, there must be "50 ways to........................roast a chicken"  :)
Kitchen gadgets, I love them but can''t help thinking about all the money I''ve spent on unused gadgets which are now taking up half the storage space in my house  ::)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2008, 12:57:12 AM »
Hi Joan, my in-laws have a halogen table top oven and absolutely swear by it...they''ve stopped using their ordinary gas oven. It''s not big enough for us...with three grown-up offspring eating us out of house and home ;D Besides, we spent a fortune on a Smeg range cooker five years ago and I can''t be fickle enough to ditch all the reasons I bought it so soon.....can I???? >:D

My latest Lakeland purchase is Stirr...omigod it''s fantastic!! I can make perfect lump-free gravy, sauces and custard from the other side of the kitchen....amazing piece if kit. I''m so happy :laugh: :laugh:
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Chris18648

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2008, 09:55:35 PM »
 :) Hi Joan,have sent you a message with Mrs Beetons first Remoska adventure !!  :-*

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2008, 09:59:05 PM »
Can I paste and copy on here? I think there are other people who may interested o see how we are getting on with our new toy.

Offline Chris18648

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2008, 09:59:59 PM »
 :) Go for it Joan.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2008, 10:01:06 PM »
Thnaks Chris
Hi Joan,so sorry ,I have been on the site every day,but only briefly.  Well,I am finding the Remoska fantastic.First meal I did was Roast Lamb.A bit ambitious I thought ,but took the challenge !!! It was only a half shoulder,so a nice size.I didn''''t have any roasting bags (which I must get ) so I wrapped it in foil.The lamb was delicious in flavour and very tender,but colourless so it didn''''t have the lovely "roast" colouring .I roasted potatoes with it and they were delicious.Next time I will definitely leave out the foil ,and use a bag,or nothing at all.Fortunately the joint was very lean.I did chicken pieces with bacon and roast potatoes the next day.  Delicious.Both times I did the accompanying veg. in my steamer.Did beef stew and dumplings for Alan,I don''''t like stew !!.but he loved it.
Yesterday I did the fish cobbler recipe from the remoska book. We live at the port of Harwich so fresh fish is a must ,and we love it.It didn''''t disappoint,the flavour was great,but I think my sauce was too heavy...need to refine that a bit !!! Also used the sauce recipe from the R. cook book so I suppose I veered away from my usual recipe.Tasted great though.!!  I also added cauliflower and broccoli and mushrooms and they were lovely.
Today I baked some scones .....  baking isn''''t my forte and sadly my remoska didn''''t rescue me.Even Zachary the dog thought they were Rock cakes.   My Father used to say that God sends the meat,the devil sends the cook,and sadly my baking skills have always supported that .) However,I think that I tried to make too many from my mixture.I will try again tomorrow and make them thicker.In the meantime,our local vast Swan population will have sultana scones for breakfast tomorrow.
I am so pleased with it,and have not used the main cooker since we bought it.
How are you going with yours.I read that you roasted chicken,and lemon chicken ! Anything else yet.?
I forgot to say that I made a rice pudding for one of my elderly neighbours who hasn''''t been well,and she insists it was delicious.
I think that it will pay for itself in terms of energy saving,plus the food is delicious.Do you agree. ?
Alan and I were in Prague last year and they are used extensively there.Most people live in flats and apartments so it is a space saving item for most families.Apart from which,they live on what I call "soul food " ......... in my soul
food,God takes out the calories overnight. 
Did you buy the remoska cook book too.You said you bought trivets ,are they useful to have.? I did buy a separator ,and a grill rack.
Look forward to hearing your report,Love Chris.x

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2008, 10:18:09 PM »
I have not bought the cookbook, would you say it is worth getting? There is not a Lakeland shop near me, so I have been improvising.
I now use a 21cm nonstick cake tin in mine. It fits nicely on the inside rim to give me a shallower base, closer to the heat. Do you preheat yours?
I did chicken breasts on a bed of mixed sweet peppers with tomatoes, mushrooms. I sealed the breasts in my frying pan and then lightly tossed the vegetables in the frying pan before transfering them into the remoska with a little stock made with an chicken oxo cube, seasoned with a little lime juice, paprika and chilli. Delicious!!! Have also made a lamb hotpot. I parboiled the potatoes and carrots for approx. 5 minutes before putting in the remoska.
Will be roasting a chicken again tomorrow but will be using a roasting bag.
Lets keep swopping tips and recipes and hopefully some others will join in  :D
Joan

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2008, 10:33:08 PM »
hey Joan - I''ll join in....the eating that is...  :-* :-*
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Chris18648

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2008, 10:54:58 PM »
Hi Joan,yes the cookbook is quite extensive and definitely worth the money.However,I think that all recipes can be adapted for the Remoska.
I haven''t preheated it at all.I had thought about it but as no instructions recommended it I thought I wouldn''t bother.I know that a shallow bowl is available for the one that I have ,but yours is a far better idea,and probably cheaper.
More news  soon.I forgot to add that I did make the Leek Tagliatelle ,that was delicious.  :)
Chris.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2008, 09:28:39 PM »
Time for a confession methinks!!! After trying the Remoska and producing some lovely meals, I have returned it. Whilst it is a very good product and very economical to run, it was not as quick as I thought it would be and did not satisfy the criteria I was looking for.
However, I have purchased two, yes, two JML tabletop Halogen cookers!!! I have one at home and took the other out to Kalkan. 
Kalkan4eva, I totally agree with your in-laws, they are brilliant. It is like having a "spaceship" on my worktop when it is on! It combines the qualities of the Remoska but cooks much quicker, the fan circulates heat around the oven and as it is made of glass you can see the food cooking. It also has an adjustable temperature and a timer. I am able to use the "accessories" I bought for the Remoska in it. It is large, but I believe there are smaller models on the market. All the meals I have made in it have been successful, it is also economical on electric.
I have to say that the Customer Service provided by Lakeland is fantastic, I telephoned them to explain that I wanted to return it and they were great, accepting that it is not for everyone and arranged free return of it. I will certainly buy from them again.
Joan

Offline Chris18648

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2008, 11:44:09 AM »
 :(  Joan, to the Tower.!!!! What is this treachery.????
 I love my Remoska......... they will have to march to Downing Street alongside the Aubergines.You can make a to die for Ratatouille in a Ramoska.(half an hour tops!!!).
Neighbour has a halogen oven and am waiting for her to report on it.She hasn''t taken it out of the box yet. :laugh:

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2008, 06:28:15 PM »
well, Joan..I have to say, my in-laws have persuaded everyone living in their Close they are the way forward....practically evangelical about it! The food cooks beautifully, they''re economical and...they clean themselves..apparently?? ??? Just add soapy water and turn it on, I''m told  :o
There was a rush on the "buy one get one free offer" in the Daily Mail a couple of months back, all being delivered to the same Close in North Wales.

They''re the future!!!

But how good are Lakeland?? All stores should be this customer focused...sigh

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Symi

Views: 3727
By: blondie
Kalkan Street Map