Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kalkan v Akyaka v Turunc  (Read 3783 times)

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Kalkan v Akyaka v Turunc
« on: August 17, 2008, 04:40:28 PM »
As I had a gap year away from Kalkan this year and visited Akyaka and Turunc instead I will back out of this site a little as of course my information will not be up to date, will still sneak a peek and maybe get involved with a few debates eg topless etc.
Ok these are my opinions of the above, none where as good as Kalkan for places to eat and quality of food and service, most where not bad but Kalkan nights still win hands down. We are 50 plus so dont need a beach and shallow water so I missed the beachclubs of Kalkan I dont think the other places where much cheaper but we never needed taxi''s at the above.
What does Akyaka offer, it is much greener, very Turkish you had to play spot the Brits they were few and far between mainly Turks on Holiday. The beach was very busy but the water was great for little ones for a good paddle they could play in the shallow for quite away. The sand is real sand and good for sandpies. There are lots of lovely walks along the river which flows very fast, then the pine forest beyond. The scenary is stunning. It is cooler always a good breeze good 10c cooler than Turunc.So very easy to sit out walk etc. The best bit was the river boats eating cheap fresh caught battered fish in fresh bread yummy.
Great for anyone with problems walking flat with the mountains all round and on the beach areas for wheelchair uses.
Turunc was ok we were right at the back and again very green with lovely scenary, flat once you get down the steep winding mountain we had great views and lots of peace. Now that was spot the non english it also had a lot of ex pats. would I recommend either, Yes, would I return not sure, maybe Akyaka if ever I have grandchildren unspoilt and safe. Do I still love Kalkan YES but next year we are going to try really hard and give Turkey a skip as it is now a habit although a very good one. So as I said I will pop in and out of the site, if anyone wants any more info about the above I will hang around for a few weeks.
And to all Kalkanites I know why you are addicted lots of happy hols to you all.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2240.0

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Kalkan v Akyaka v Turunc
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 06:26:49 PM »
Thanks for that. There was a report in the Mail on Sunday about Akkaya, is that the same place?
I nearly choked on my cuppa when I read the writer''s penultimate paragraph.-
"During a 2 day stay in one of Curbanoglu''s villas, hot water proved unreliable- surprising in a property where the Developers knew journalists were staying."
Joan

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 08:28:30 PM »
Think it may be the same report as the Akyaka website said a paper had done a write up. Was it a good or bad report. The Ottomans residance hotel looked stunning. And Villa Vali looked great also.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 08:41:06 PM »
Bland advertising spread for Curbanoglu "Luxury Villas"..... without running hot water apparently!!!  >:D
You will have to forgive me today, I''m feeling a little devilish!!!!
Joan

Offline ian

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 08:42:19 PM »
Hi Holiday Fever, we too have stayed in both Turunc and Akyaka, Gokova Bay (Club Coban), both are entirely decent places but we got very bored after a few days in Gokova as its smallish with a relatively limited choice of restuarants.

Neither can come close to matching the choice and quality of restuarants in Kalkan - we have visited Turkey for years and honestly find that Kalkan has a uniqeness that we have never found anywhere else in the country.

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 12:53:04 PM »
We too went to Akyaka & Turunc but only for a day trip. Enjoyed the time there but could not stay tpp long as it could be boring.Both have small beaches although the one at akyaka was nice and sandy but quite busy, the water was very shallow for a long way out and so suitable for children.

As Jan ays, neither matches up to Kalkan, even thpugh I moan about the steep hills and always have to get a taxi back! Roll on September when we are back for the fourth time..

BarbH

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal