Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: flythomascook.com  (Read 11478 times)

Offline Mrs B

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: flythomascook.com
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2008, 03:56:57 PM »
I have spent many years asking, Neil, and many times i have had to stand all the way on the flight to my destination as i physically can''t fit into a standard legroom seat.

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2008, 04:10:41 PM »
Hiya Mrs B,
             I know how you feel,I always fall asleep,then I dont seem to suffer as much,but saying that I can
sleep on a washing line.

good luck with future flights,Neil.
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline Mrs B

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2008, 04:16:37 PM »
Same to you too, Neil...emergency exit seats are our goal!!  ;D

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2008, 05:31:43 PM »
Ah, yes...the person in front reclining, oblivious to the fact that there is someone in the seat behind whose knees will go up their backside if they go back any further!

I find that a violent rocking motion with the knees normally works a treat, especially if you have let them settle nicely into position first. This normally provokes some kind of reaction, such as "What do you think you are doing?" at which point I might say, "Oh, so you DO know I''m here... can I have my circulation back now please?"

It wouldn''t be so bad if they took the courtesy, before they recline, to enquire whether you actually mind them crushing your legs. Ignorance is bliss, I suppose. ::)

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2008, 06:06:57 PM »
Ive never worked out why airlines allow seats to recline in "steerage" as it only causes arguments! Anyone any idea why they do??

I remember flying with RyanAir once and they were fixed seats that didnt recline which I thought was brilliant!

Offline molly

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2008, 06:51:44 PM »
I dont care about leg room as long as I can get to Turkey in November! they can sit me in the hold! its only four hours 4 v&t''s and a bottle of wine! you could fold me up! Dont moan we need as many flights as possible all year round whatever the leg room!

best wishes

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2008, 06:58:35 PM »
EK, it baffles me - maybe they are trying to create the illusion that they want you to be comfortable? So you will feel incredibly grateful and buy lots of their lovely duty free stuff?

To be fair, most people wouldn''t dream of reclining their seat without at least looking behind them to check that the person behind hasn''t got the seat-back tray down with a drink on it. Unfortunately, I always seem to get stuck behind an ignorant moron. And I have the stained trousers to prove it.  :o

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2008, 07:20:15 PM »
Tends to set of a bit of a chain reaction. If the person in front reclines then you feel you need to to compensate and so on and so on. Only thing worse than a reclined seat is siting behind a family with a young child who constantly kicks the back of your seat.Total nightmare!

Offline yoyo

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2008, 09:54:20 PM »
I''m only 5'' 8 and up until about 5 years ago would take pot luck and hope for an extra legroom seat, that is until I got jammed into my seat all the way back to Birmingham by a really selfish woman in front of me (who happened to be in the extra legroom seat so there was really no need to put her seat back).  I asked her politely, I asked the stewardess (who said there was nothing she could do about it!) to put the seat back up as I was literally stuck in my seat unable to move!  When I got off the plane in Birmingham I had trouble walking, people commented how bad my legs looked due to how swollen they were and I had deep dents in my knees from the pocket at the back of the seat (the ones with the metal rods)!  I swore then I don''t care how much they cost I will never go on a plane again where I cannot get an extra legroom seat.

(oh and if that''s not bad enough she was a real fidgiter too so every so often she would bang the seat back) - though maybe because I''d complained that was on purpose >:(

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2008, 09:59:17 PM »
Best thing to do is continually push the seat with your knees....or keep pushing the tray back very firmly I found this works.....

Offline bluefudge11

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2008, 12:00:58 AM »
you gets what you pay for

Go Business class or private jet if comfort is paramount but at £165 return i was totally happy to put up with no room, a dribbling snoring co passenger, reclined seat in front, screaming kid behind .....and turbulence. (I am sure the expensive flights take a less bumpy route)  :)

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2008, 11:48:18 AM »
I accept travelling ''stearage'' if I have a very cheap flight. I get cross however when I have paid a lot for the flight.

I have an added problem. I drink red wine and tend to travel in white trousers. You will recognise me in the arrival airport by my red and white abstract pattered trousers!!!!

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2008, 06:03:09 PM »
Have just found a promotion code for Thomas Cook '' welcome5'' supposed to get £10 off per seat. Haven''t tried it so can''t vouch that it''ll work.
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline hellothere

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2008, 09:36:51 PM »
Hi

The "welcome5" code does work, I only used it last week for October flights. It applies to all people on one booking, and gives £5 off per person each way, so £10 return

caroline x

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2008, 12:07:45 AM »
Caroline,

Did you think of giving welcome10, 20, 30 etc a try.

Regards

Alan

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2008, 02:30:24 PM »
I thought "welcome5" meant that only 5ft tall people are welcome on a Thomas Cook flight.  ;)

Offline hellothere

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2008, 08:25:19 PM »
Ha ha Alan

That would have been worth a try!!

Or welcome200+freechampagneandchocolates

Caroline

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Flythomascook New Year 2015 flights from Manchester

Started by Christina on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post January 31, 2014, 01:40:56 PM
by Christina

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal