Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Compensation  (Read 2596 times)

Offline Tatilde

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
Compensation
« on: July 25, 2008, 11:20:56 AM »
Guests who were due to move next week to our villa from another one nearby, have decided that they can''t stand the noise from the roadworks and have rented another villa. They have raised the issue of compensation and I would be interested to hear the views of both villas owners and villa renters.
Thanks.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2092.0

Offline The Reds

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Compensation
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 11:30:39 AM »
This was always going to be a problem and unfortunately it looks like its happened to you. If I was you, I would just refund the there money but retain the booking deposit.( if you had one). To be honest with you I would probably give it all back and with a bit of luck you will get them back next year.

Jav

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 01:49:39 PM »
as a renter i would expect to lose my deposit if i did this..it''s not only short notice but whos to say that the weeks your people were due in couldn''t have been let to other guests?
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 04:57:26 PM »
Did you inform them of the roadworks and possible disturbance before they travelled?
I think if you didn''t then they have a right to full compensation as I would imagine the reason for their holiday was to relax by the pool, blah blah. If you did and they travelled with full knowledge maybe you have some right to hold the deposit - perhaps any costs like cleaning, electric that you incurred.
I have been in villas near to the road works and I think it would be hard to relax fully.
I am sure you advertise you villa as a holiday spot with pool, so the expectation of your guests would be that they could relax by the pool. This ambience is not created with the tutt tutt tutt of the machines.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 05:38:13 PM »
It''s a difficult one as peoples reactions to noise are so different. I was in Kalkan last week and didn''t hear any noise at all but we were down in the town so probably out of earshot.
Where we are is facing right onto the roundabout at the taxi rank and at the front is very bustling and yes at times noisy. Doesn''t bother me in the least and I quite enjoy being in the middle of the hub. Not sure how I''d cope with rock breaking and mechanical digging though.
As others have said it probably depends on exactly where the villa is in relation to the noise and if the prospective guests had been given any indication that it could be an issue.
As said earlier a difficult one but hope you manage to come to some kind of amicable agreement.

Offline Tatilde

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 06:39:30 PM »
We were at our villa at the end of June until the beginning of July and my daughter and her family were there until last Saturday. We didn''t think the noise was a problem as the villa is quite a way from where the work is going on. I''ve just spoken to a neighbouring villa owner and she has had no complaints from any of her guests. I must admit that the people weren''t told about the works as we and the person who rents out our villa couldn''t see any problem as the works are such a distance away.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Goat herder

Views: 3083
By: Kalkan regular
Sunset