Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 'KALKAN IDOL' look out Simon Cowell!  (Read 7312 times)

Offline Hilary

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: 'KALKAN IDOL' look out Simon Cowell!
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2008, 08:14:23 PM »
as said before on another thread -just really looking fowrard to our holiday. 4 weeks today!!

Offline kalkan wife

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 08:06:34 PM »
Sorry to sound like a spoil sport, but as the English wife of a Turk, I do feel a bit offended actually. As some have said, it''s just a laugh, but not from where I am sitting.

Offline KalkanPosh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2008, 10:32:04 PM »
I agree with you, I''m afraid, and did ask the EK moderator to look at this thread the other day.

I''m the first person to enjoy a good laugh and I hate to think that I may be branded a spoilsport...but here we go... My Turkish friends in Kalkan follow this forum with interest, often to gauge the mood and tastes of British tourists to aim to cater to their needs, and give EK great credibilty as an honest arena for frequent visitors to Kalkan and newbies alike to air their views and express their preferences. A mention on this forum is valued by people in Kalkan, however light-heartedly we Brits may joke about things.

I''m actually feeling uncomfortable about the fact that my friends will shortly be reading this thread and will initially feel bemused....and then predictably feel (privately) hurt by the stereotyping (and I''m NOT denying that I recognise the sterotypes mentioned!!!)....and despite the fact that they will dismiss it with a simple ''it doesn''t matter''... ("There are bad people all over the world" I''ve been told before)...I am still left feeling more uncomfortable than amused. But maybe my Turkish friends will tell me to lighten up and not to take life so seriously? Hope so! :) Will find out next week! ;D

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Resident: No
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2008, 10:42:31 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I thought I would lock the topic as it has now run its course. I personally believe that the thread is here to add an element of humour and certainly not intended to insult people in any way.

I do hope that people have seen the humour in the light hearted nature that the posters intended although I do fully accept that the written word on many occasions can be lost in translation.

Now did I tell you the one about the Englishman, Irishman and Scotchman...............  :D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Hi Simon & Lou

Started by BeyazGül Apt. on Introduce Yourself

0 Replies
Last post April 20, 2015, 05:51:23 PM
by BeyazGül Apt.
xx
First time to Kalkan - Family of 3 - recommended restaurants in Kalkan please??

Started by Harrogate_female on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post October 05, 2009, 01:48:16 PM
by howmad
xx
Transfer to Dalaman from Kalkan 24/10/2009 / return Dalaman to Kalkan 9/11

Started by Buster on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post October 02, 2009, 11:23:26 AM
by Buster
xx
Hi Kalkan...

Started by Ozgur on Introduce Yourself

6 Replies
Last post March 16, 2009, 11:03:59 AM
by Ozgur

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

high humidity

Views: 2207
By: headroom
Patara Beach