Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Turkish airlines  (Read 2707 times)

Offline JACQUIVIVA

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Turkish airlines
« on: June 27, 2008, 02:10:00 PM »
Can anyone tell me what they think of Turkish airline flights i''ve seen mixed reports, we are flying to Istanbul then to Kalkan then going back to stay in Istanbul for 3 days before returning home.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1857.0

Offline Blackpool

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
Re: Turkish airlines
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 04:45:50 PM »
Good safety record over 75 years of operations. Try and forget Paris, 1974, that was very much down to McDonnell Douglas, not THY.

Young fleet. I would  ;D

Offline JACQUIVIVA

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 04:57:14 PM »
Thanks for information

Offline Derya

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 08:00:34 PM »
Have always had excellent service on Turkish Airlines, far better than BA who annually managed to leave my bags behind.

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 08:54:09 PM »
Went to Istanbul in January with Turkish airlines.

Very good airline, nice planes, friendly crew, good in flight meal, we had moussaka which was really nice for a plane meal and also we got free drinks!

Offline clashgour

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 09:34:09 AM »
Turkish Airlines provide a good service on board and on the ground.  However be aware that if changing planes at Istanbul the distance between the international and domestic terminals is a very long walk with many stairs, escalators and even a road to cross.  In January this year I was on a scheduled flight from Heathrow to Dalaman via Istanbul and ended up spending a night in a hotel (at Turkish Airlines expense) when the incoming flight from London was only slightly delayed.  I would have just about have made the connection but the Visa section was very slow and took up all margin of time.  Turkish Airlines were very helpful and apart from the hotel arrangement, provided transport to and from the airport, paid for meals organised re-booking the flight for the following morning.  All the services you expect from a major airline and with typical Turkish friendliness.

An amusing sideline was our arrival in Dalaman.  The plane parked at the domestic terminal but the four of us who were on international connections had to be taken by bus to the international terminal.  No big deal except that they had to turn on the terminal lights, quite a sight in the early morning, get hold of an an immigration official to check our passports, start up the carousel for our handful of bags and wake up customs.  Dalaman Airport was seen in its full, pristine glory.  It''s great when there are no passengers around!

A little different from yesterday leaving Dalaman when there were long queues at checkout (nearly 1 hour), no information about the delay to our Onur Air flight and a major mix up between passengers travelling on two Onur flights to Gatwick just 15 mins apart - probably the cause of the delay.  That problem continued to Gatwick where passengers were confused about the luggage carousels.  Having said that no complaints about the flight itself.  They even caught up on some of lost time and no stacking at Gatwick.

So it''s THY lots of point, OHY some points but could do better on the ground.

Alan

Offline JACQUIVIVA

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 11:32:50 AM »
Thanks to everyone who has replied you have put my mind at rest, i was quite worried about delays and tranfers at Istanbul airport but it looks like they do look after you if there is a problem,you can''t ask more then that can you. Looking forward to our holiday know.
All the best to everyone!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Turkish Airlines

Started by Brooksie on Flights and Travel

6 Replies
Last post August 27, 2008, 09:16:28 AM
by felicity
xx
Turkish Airlines Connection

Started by kalkan299 on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post January 12, 2010, 01:20:34 PM
by clashgour
xx
Kibris Turkish Airlines

Started by Jacdav on Flights and Travel

13 Replies
Last post November 08, 2008, 04:52:37 PM
by samson
xx
Turkish Airlines to Antalya

Started by Pompeyalbie on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post December 30, 2018, 12:28:47 PM
by Chris_S

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal