Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: advice for me and my baby  (Read 1697 times)

Offline soozandlily

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
advice for me and my baby
« on: June 27, 2008, 08:20:28 AM »
Hi everyone

I''m going to Kalkan on holiday with my parents and my 8 month old daughter. Our baggage allowance is only 15kg each and so because of this I am trying to take as little as possible when it comes to ''things''.

My question is, is it very expensive for nappies and also is there branded nappies such as huggies/pampers? My other question is baby food, do they sell it at many places and again is it branded such as heinz?

Obviously branded nappies aren''t that important but the food is as I would be wary of giving her new foods she hasn''t tried before and then making her poorly on holiday :(

Other than that I''m VERY excited to be going to Kalkan, I haven''t been on holiday for a good 5 years!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1855.0

Offline Derya

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Re: advice for me and my baby
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 08:27:34 AM »
You can get both huggies and pampers nappies in Kalkan although pampers are called prima.
With regards to food you can get jars, not heinz but Milupa which is popular here.

Offline soozandlily

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 08:31:01 AM »
Hi I just looked up Milupa and would I be right in saying it''s an aptimal brand? If so I''m sure she''ll be fine with that! :D

Offline Derya

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 08:34:59 AM »

Yep it is aptamil. There is also an abundance of wonderful fresh fruit and veg if you have the means of making fresh food for your baby.

Offline Hilary

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 08:49:32 PM »
I feel for you. I have been there!! Ensuring my daughter was well fed!! We Went to the Caribbean when she was 1 and turkey when she was 2. She has survived!! she is now 12. when in Barbados she tucked into fish. In Turkey she was keen on chicken and salad. Now she wants lots of junk food and gets very cross when I ensure healthy eating!! I was anxious about ensuring she had a healthy diet.I realised that I must chill out a bit and not get so anxious. She is healthy and happy. We live in Kent and she is on the Gifted and Talented register down here in her school. she was a tiny baby because she was 8 weeks premature. She is now a very bright and clever girl.
Re baby food I am sure you will find suitable food. Make sure you take SMA or similar. To ensure baby gets a good nights sleep.
take care

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Where to Buy / Rent Baby Products / Items?? Advice Please

Started by Jess2012 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

10 Replies
Last post January 28, 2012, 12:22:25 AM
by Kalkan regular
xx
baby Aileen

Started by Lorretta on The Everything Else Area!

0 Replies
Last post January 23, 2008, 03:08:38 PM
by Lorretta
xx
Kadir's baby

Started by Kalkan regular on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post February 11, 2009, 07:03:12 PM
by wilma
xx
baby stuff

Started by alisf on General Discussion

9 Replies
Last post August 17, 2009, 09:43:10 PM
by Chucky

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Views of Kalkan

Views: 3133
By: tramline
Dusk