Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: July 7th !!!  (Read 2617 times)

Offline phillip

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
July 7th !!!
« on: June 14, 2008, 08:53:10 PM »
Two months ago I booked two weeks in Kalkan and thought that I would forget about the holiday until much nearer the date.How wrong I was !
 I found this site and feel like I have already been to Kalkan and met some of the wonderful folk who help make it so special.Having read almost every thing written on this site I realise that Kalkan and the people who write about it have something very special and it is lovely to get a feel come across for somewhere just by reading so many varied messages that have a mixture of everything.
 No matter what myself or others ask there is always someone to help out and that in itself is something I really appreciate as many times you must be asked the samr questions time and time again.The way the replies come out are very varied,sometimes short and to the point,often at length with added imformation that is relevant as well,and many times in a way that is very amusing
 You may be reading this and wondering what is my point in writing;well its just to say a big thank you to all who have made this such a special site and for allowing lots of strangers to share with you what is obviously something very special.   Kalkan

Phillip

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1774.0

Offline Joanne

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Re: July 7th !!!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 10:04:41 PM »
That such a nice message and i completely agree - I was so looking forward to going to Kalkan for the first time, but now i''m even more excited after discovering this forum!  I''ve found all the information i wanted about beach clubs, restaurants etc.  I can''t wait!  :D

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 10:06:24 PM »
Thank you very much Phillip and Joanne, for taking the time to post and for your comments.
This website was started so that people could find out more about Kalkan and to share information and opinions about Kalkan. I am so pleased that we have been able to help you and hope that the information will help you and your party to enjoy Kalkan.
Joan

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 11:32:09 PM »
Lovely posts from Phillip & Joanne - am certain that you won''t like Kalkan at all ... you''ll love it! 

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 10:24:08 AM »
I felt the same as you twelve months ago.  We had booked to go to Kalkan for the first time last August and I then I found this website and got more and more excited as the days went on.  We absolutely loved Kalkan and were lucky enough (and maybe mad enough!) to buy an apartment on our 1st visit.  We have just returned from a short visit to sort out a few things for the apartment and if anything love Kalkan even more each time.  Every time we look out at our view of the bay we say "aren''t we lucky!".  ;D ;D

We weren''t disapointed by Kalkan and I''m sure you won''t be either.
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline mellocello

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 09:51:25 PM »
We are all going August and can''t wait.  Totally agree with Phillip, almost booked all our days with days out.  Loved all the info on the beach clubs.  Cobbled roads, excellent restaurants.  Feel like we''ve been there already.
MelloCello

Offline Lorrie Loo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 11:47:21 AM »
It''s not just me then!! Oh good!

I too booked our holiday to Kalkan a few months ago with the intention of waiting until we got there to discover all the fantastic things Kalkan had to offer. However I then stumbled across this site and thought I would just have a peek at the forum - can''t hurt I thought! Well now I can''t stop having a peek! As I count down the days to our holiday I keep thinking of new things that would be handy to know, all of which I have found right here!! My other half is somewhat confused by all my Kalkan knowledge, the other day he said "I wonder if there is a Turksih Bath in Kalkan itself" to which I explained where they were, which were the best etc etc!! I can''t wait to get there and see for myself what a special place Kalkan is and understand how you have all fallen in love with it.

Lorrie Loo x x

Offline bluefudge11

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 12:25:11 PM »
I know  exactly what you mean - we had the same feeling last year before our first visit.
The knowledge I had gained before our visit was so vast and useful and the sense that Kalkan was special was evident. (In fact we booked this year''s holiday before we had even visited last year!)
 The initial response from our travelling companions,however, was a suprise. I couldn''t understand the references to train spotting , Roy Cropperisms & being a sado.
I wondered if i had done the right thing, especially when I issued them with a bound booklet containing all the info from beaches to bars, restaurants to beach clubs, to do and not to do, the tricks about exchange rates.......
Maybe I AM turning into Mr Cropper!  but who cares as long a this forum continues.  :D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 12:41:50 PM »
this thread brings a tear to my eye... :)

Kalkan is a very special place and exerts some kind of homeing pigeon instinct into its visitors, and for those of us who are relatively new to this little piece of heaven on the Turquoise Coast (and yes it''s called that for a reason if you haven''t been before) this site is a godsend.

Phillip, your post reminds me why I log onto this forum most days - it''s my Kalkan fix....and once you''ve been, you will too  :)

Look forward to all your reviews once you''ve really experienced the place!
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline JACQUIVIVA

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2008, 01:50:57 PM »
I agree it''s lovely to be able to find out so much information on Kalkan, we are coming in August this will be our third visit .Yes we have got the bug!Kalkan is such a magical place and nowhere else seems to live up to it. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to write all the information and post pictures it makes me feel am part of Kalkan even in the UK (at work) dreaming of my hols.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2008, 04:10:54 PM »
Thanks for all your positive comments, it is these responses that make all the work creating EnjoyKalkan worthwhile, I am so glad you enjoy it and that you have found it of use.

Thanks again

Jon  :D

Offline Claretandblue

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2008, 10:16:20 PM »
I thought this was a thread celebrating my birthday!!

How disappointing!!

:-[ :-[ :-[

Great website, great town.

I''ve a little longer to wait than most by the sounds of things but I''ll be there in August having spent a week in Orhaniye and then cruising along the coast on a gullet.

;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 06:02:46 AM by Claretandblue »

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2008, 12:38:52 AM »
Merhaba Phillip,
There''s always a crowd of Irish and Scottish of us at the Merkez later than most! 1st 2 weeks in July!
We the ones with the red faces!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Accommodation discount - 12 nights from 16th July to 28th July, 2017

Started by Kalkankiwi on Accommodation Discounts & Special Offers

0 Replies
Last post June 11, 2017, 09:39:16 AM
by Kalkankiwi
xx
8/22 July

Started by pw on When Are You In Kalkan / Arrange a meet up

0 Replies
Last post July 04, 2011, 08:56:28 PM
by pw
recycled
holiay in July

Started by MD on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post May 29, 2010, 06:28:59 PM
by Rockykalamar
xx
JULY 2016

Started by tonye1960 on Accommodation and Hotels

14 Replies
Last post September 03, 2015, 03:41:14 PM
by joycie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Gemelier Beach

Views: 3361
By: lorilou
Views of Kalkan