Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 2 weeks without Roger  (Read 9272 times)

Offline newballs

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
2 weeks without Roger
« on: June 23, 2008, 11:08:57 AM »
Well, a very big hello to everyone on this wonderful and informative site. As you might''ve guessed I''m a  big Wimbledon fan as well as a big fan of Kalkan. This year my OH [oh my God] has booked our break right thru the tournament and I fear I might not be able to see it here, unless anyone knows a channel it might be on. So I haven''t got much to do except sit in the sun and get my laptop out.Anyway I''m looking forward to entering into things and  hopefully I can ''chip in'' afew comments or ''serve up'' a few helpful remarks lol

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1833.0

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
Re: 2 weeks without Roger
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 11:12:14 AM »
Hi,
You could stream it on your laptop........might cost a few bob though !!!

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 11:26:22 AM »
Cati restaurant often seems to cover the major sports events, such as Ryder Cup and so probably Wimbledon.  Just up the hill from the central roundabout.

Offline federer

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 11:38:11 AM »
welcome newballs from a fellow fan of Kalkan and the beautiful game....
Maybe we can ~ serve~ you up some luv on line

Offline federer

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 11:45:23 AM »
 O0 or maybe its game set n match to ure OH...sorry couldnt resist that one  ::)

Offline newballs

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 12:10:31 PM »
Wow Roger if tha''s really you shuldn''t you be practising you''re backhand slice or you''re overhead lob or something, geat that you can squeeze in time for this forum though, When''s your first match? I thought it was this afternoon

Offline Tatilde

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 01:31:31 PM »
Another reason to go to Kalkan. To avoid Wimbledon!

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 01:38:50 PM »
I didn''t want to be the first to say it, but I agree!  I guess Henman has a good chance of being at the final this year, albeit in a commentary box.  I have a sneaking suspicion that this might just be Federer''s year.

A fact I used to employ when my mum, an ardent tennis fan, used to moan about the blanket football coverage during a major tournament - there are more hours of Wimbledon TV coverage every year than in a whole World Cup or Euro tournament, which happen every 4 years!  BBC2 covers pretty much nothing else for the whole 2 weeks.

Whatever floats your sporting boat, I hope you enjoy it!  The Swan pub also has British sports coverage, but I hope they will be catering for the footy fans!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 02:14:00 PM »
i prefer my strawberries from kalkan market without tennis and rain ;D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 02:54:18 PM »
Have to say that I wouldn''t go away during Wimbledon fortnight - I just love tennis so much! Just taking a break from having seen Roger win his first match - not so keen on the cardigan.  But I would like to see Rafa  win!!

Offline Joanne

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 03:11:40 PM »
Ahh the joys of living right next to the courts - rent the flat out for a fortnight and go on holiday!!

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 03:17:46 PM »
Just seen Ivanovic start warming up.  I think I am coming round to the tennis point of view!....

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Resident: No
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 05:45:15 PM »
Two weeks without a roger.... that''s the ultimate in self-sacrifice, surely?

Oh, sorry, there was no ''a'' in your question  :-[
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 07:05:37 PM by MartynE »

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 05:54:23 PM »
Sorry don''t get tennis any more no characters left in the game just serving machines that make the game boring to watch....

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 06:31:34 PM »
Hi newballs I''m sure I''ve seen Wimbledon on in The Swan in Kalkan don''t know what channel it''s on though.

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 06:34:45 PM »
Sorry don''''t get tennis any more no characters left in the game just serving machines that make the game boring to watch....

Sorry to disagree, Misty but had you watched the Nadal/Dokovich final from Queen''s, the match today between Breerer & Dokovitch, Hewitt/Hasse I don''t thin that holds true. Yes, it''s all serve with Roddick & Karlovich and the likes but IMO the mens'' game is getting SO much more depth to it in the last couple of years.

(And could also mention the Federer?Monfils match at the French open in May).

PS Sorry for poor spelling of some of the names!

Offline Kim

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 07:50:10 PM »
Hi Sally, quite agree, the Queens final was fantastic and a sure way of bringing some excitement back to the game.  Can you imagine if the football was relagated to BBC 2?  If the footy is on, it dominates sometimes BBC and ITV at the same time. Never BBC 2.  So, no matter how many hours Wimbledon takes up, the football will take precedence.  I think for 2 weeks of the year it is the best example of a sport that takes huge fitness levels, gentlemanly behavior and an individual effort that means you can''t hide among the rest of your team mates if you don''t feel like playing (football is guilty of this and don''t get me wrong, I am a huge footy fan, but when you look at how much they get paid as individuals it is ridiculous.  Try playing tennis against Nadal or one of the top 10 in the world, when there is you and only you on one side of the net and you can hide nowhere). 

And....it is one of the only tounaments which dictates that the players wear ''whites'' and I believe that this is what makes Wimbledon special.  It brings a histort and a culture to the game that in most countries has long been lost. 

Long may it thrive.

Offline yoyo

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 08:28:26 PM »
I love Wimbledon and always have the 2nd week off work to watch it on TV. (I sneakily put the scoreboard minimised on my computer at work and have a peak every so often during the first week).  Most of my favourites have unfortunately now retired (Pat Rafter, Goran, Andre Agassi to name a few).   One though, I cannot  stand, and that is Federer :o  

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2008, 10:28:00 PM »
Lovely to hear there are some other fans out there. And the way the game is going it is becoming so much in the mind & who can think of the best shot option fastest.

I too loved Goran but have a respect for Federer but still will be rooting for Rafa!

Offline newballs

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 08:28:50 AM »
I hope Roger wins again this year then he will equal the record of 6 consequetive wins held by I don''t know who.
 I''d quite like a Roger v Rafa final but I will definately be behind Roger. I wouldn''t like to be behind Rafa because he''s always
picking at his bottom,you would think once he''s got a couple of balls in his hand and a firm grip on his handle, he would be concentrating on his service, ready to unleash a hard one on the centre line. But no he always stops to pick his bottom. I
find this very offputting and I think he should leave his bottom alone. What do other forum members think about Rafa''s bottom,
does anyone know of a good cream or ointment that could help Rafa with his bottom.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Eight weeks and one day!

Started by joycie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

4 Replies
Last post July 25, 2016, 02:26:43 PM
by joycie
xx
May 1st for 2 weeks

Started by pw on When Are You In Kalkan / Arrange a meet up

1 Replies
Last post April 06, 2017, 10:57:16 AM
by HEATH
xx
Two Weeks to go :)

Started by misty on The Everything Else Area!

5 Replies
Last post July 19, 2011, 04:22:35 PM
by misty
xx
Two Weeks To Go

Started by keith on Holiday Reports and Reviews

14 Replies
Last post August 12, 2015, 09:28:57 AM
by Lizilu20

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal