Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Confirmation: Kalkan is addictive  (Read 2916 times)

Offline mistywillow

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Confirmation: Kalkan is addictive
« on: June 18, 2008, 09:13:04 AM »
Well, the reality is finally sinking in that we have come home and left Kalkan – at least for now.

After two weeks, our first visit to the resort, we have really fallen in love with the place – now I understand why everyone likes it so much!  We enjoyed so many different things – the town, the food, the people, the weather – a really perfect holiday that lived up to all our expectations

The town is really beautiful and not spoiled at all - although there''s clearly a thriving tourist industry, nothing feels tacky or over the top. We felt really welcomed by everyone we met

We stayed at the Korsan apartments – perfectly located, not too far up the hill, very central and peaceful.
We could quite happily have spent the whole holiday round the pool, but felt we should probably try to explore the area a bit.
We particularly enjoyed the jeep safari, which took us to Tlos, a trout farm, Sakklikent (with a bit of optional river rafting) and many other stops on route, including a delicious lunch. We also did a canoeing trip down the river to Patara beach, which was possibly my favourite day of the holiday

But on the whole, we were very happy to spend our days wandering round the beautiful old town, sitting on the town beach (lovely, although the water is COLD!) or relaxing around the pool while planning the night’s activities

Obviously I can’t describe our visit without mentioning the fabulous restaurants – such a wide choice it was really difficult to make a decision on where to eat each night!
We loved every meal we had, particularly enjoying the Olive Garden, Trio, Ozalp and the Alibaba roof terrace, to pick out a few – however, our absolute favourite was Doy Doy. The service was excellent and the food amazing (the DoyDoy steak with caramelised onions and garlic mushrooms is what dreams are made of). We returned there on our last night for our farewell meal (to be honest, if we didn’t feel the need to try out other places we would have been very happy to eat there EVERY night)

Towards the end of the holiday we discovered the Atlantis bar (opposite the back of our apartments). A great atmosphere - and Ozcan made us very welcome. It became our regular stop on our way back to the apartments and I only wish we had discovered it sooner! They also have a roof terrace restaurant with amazing views (and very good steaks)

There is SO much else I could say – really it was the most amazing holiday and Kalkan ticked every box for us. We will certainly be returning – in fact I''m doing everything I can to work out a way of going back later in the year!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1798.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Confirmation: Kalkan is addictive
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 10:43:12 AM »
glad you liked the place!! nice report by the way,always nice to get the reaction of somone seeing it through fresh eyes..yes you are right Oz does a good steak!! welcome to the EK family ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 12:08:07 PM »
Hi Sara and Lawrence,
I am so pleased you enjoyed your holiday and you are considering a return trip.
I know from our poolside chats that you do not normally return to the same place twice so this is yet another happy conversion to Kalkan!!
Thank you very much for doing this report and who knows we may see you again in Kalkan. I do hope so.
Best wishes
Joan and Ray

Offline mistywillow

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 12:23:48 PM »
I''ve just realised that I''ve only mentioned steaks when talking about the restaurants, when in fact, the local Turkish dishes were a real highlight of the holiday. Some really beautiful lamb dishes (and the pitcher kebab at Ilyada, carried to the table in flames was a real sight!)
But the steaks were a nice change once in a while. Nice big slabs of fillet...washed down with plenty of Angora

Just want to go back now - still, probably best to take a bit of a break - I put on 7 pounds during the two weeks. Oops! Dieting til we go again.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
First time to Kalkan - Family of 3 - recommended restaurants in Kalkan please??

Started by Harrogate_female on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post October 05, 2009, 01:48:16 PM
by howmad
xx
Transfer to Dalaman from Kalkan 24/10/2009 / return Dalaman to Kalkan 9/11

Started by Buster on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post October 02, 2009, 11:23:26 AM
by Buster
xx
May Day in Kalkan

Started by Sandancer on Holiday Reports and Reviews

8 Replies
Last post May 04, 2012, 07:19:57 PM
by itstime
xx
ufo s in kalkan ??

Started by kevywevy on General Discussion

12 Replies
Last post May 09, 2008, 10:37:02 PM
by kevywevy

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Holiday cat

Views: 2658
By: saskia
IMG_0862.jpg