Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: old dogs  (Read 2106 times)

Offline popps

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
old dogs
« on: June 15, 2008, 07:09:04 PM »
Just returned from another great holiday in Kalkan. My wife pointed out to me that. since last year. some of the old dogs have disapeared. Come to think of it, most of the dogs roaming about at night seem young. Is there a culling process of old dogs? Also. has anyone had a dog drown in their swimming pool? We had to fish ome out (fortunately still alive) on one occasion.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1780.0

Offline saskia

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: Yes
Re: old dogs
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 12:07:58 PM »
Hello Popps,
No there isn''t a culling program of older or any other animals in Kalkan, in fact quite the reverse there is a body of people who work hard to keep the animals healthy and happy. There maybe more younger animals around because they unfortunately get brought here from neighbouring villages but as far as I know none of our old regular dogs have disappeared, they may however have changed their haunts since the last time you were here.
www.kapsa.co.uk official website also see Friends of Kapsa on facebook http://www.facebook.com/

Offline popps

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 08:27:32 AM »
I''m glad to hear that, as our family are animal lovers. Every-night a small dog followed us back to the villa - she even led us there the first time (I think she wanted a tip!). What prompted my question was that after reading through comments on this forum I came across one by Lantana, September 11, 2007:

"The Belediye has in the past taken very drastic steps to deal with the stray dog population. A few years ago poisoned meat was put down all over the village and dozens of dogs, both owned and strays died in agony over several days. Once they have eaten poison they cannot be saved."

Glad to hear that the dog population is mow well looked after.

Offline saskia

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 08:43:16 AM »
Hi Popps,
Glad to have put your mind at rest. Yes there was an incident some 4 or 5 years ago when a great many street animals died from poisoning but we are sure that this was the work of one sick individual  and that it was nothing to do with the Kalkan municipality, infact the current Mayor is very supportive of the work we do with the animals and now that we have set up Kapsa (Kalkan association for the protection of street animals) he has promised to do everything in his power to help us.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Dogs

Started by misty on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post March 28, 2011, 09:24:35 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
DOGS !

Started by fidimax on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post June 13, 2012, 08:40:45 PM
by Mags
xx
Poisoned dogs

Started by Tatilde on General Discussion

95 Replies
Last post May 31, 2012, 08:31:13 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Mad Dogs and English Men

Started by mcrterry on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post July 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM
by mcrterry

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal