Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Our Selection so far.  (Read 2135 times)

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Our Selection so far.
« on: June 13, 2008, 08:06:14 PM »
Doyum - best so far. good choıce of food and ıt tasted nice. Meat Balls & Beef Stew. Good servıce. Prıces good. :angel:

Poınt - Again lovely food. Fıllet of fısh. Cant remember what Steve had. Warm welcome. Prıces not bad. ;D

Ottoman house - Lamb Shank and Chıcken Casserole.good food but prıcey.

Ivy - Food OK. Better meat balls at Doyum & Poınt Wıld Boar Stew. Nıce but no extra vegs. Had to ask for bread. Price so so.

Roundabout Cafe - only been there at mıd day but good for watching the world go by. Good food & prices.

Breeze - What a heap of Cak. I had lasagna whıch was overcooked, really dry, badly presented and must have walked there from Dalaman. I couldnt eat it. When they asked I VERY politely said that it was too dry and overcooked and I was unable to eat it. He just shrugged his shoulders and walked off! No alternatıve was offered. No apology. Plus they still charged!! >:(  I didnt bother to argue the toss. Steve ate his pasta which looked equally yuch.  >:( Thank goodness they couldnt spoil the wine.

Begonvıl - Great for a tasty mıd day snack. Friendly. Excellent prices plus internet access.

Akın - Wonderful Sea Bass cooked ın a delıcate Sauce. Complımentary desert and Turkısh Lessons. Good prıces.

I thınk thats all so far. You may guess where I am from the funny I,s!
Wendy

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1770.0

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
Re: Our Selection so far.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 08:54:00 PM »
Hello....where abouts is Reef ???

Misty

Offline jinfizzz

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 09:24:30 PM »
Lovıng the new Terrazo, wouldnt normally choose Italıan when ın Turkey but ıt was beautıful.
Also trıed a new rooftop called Maya whıch has a very lımıted menu but was absolutely delıcıous.
The Kebab House down by Kleo was great and extremely reasonable.  We are thınkıng about tryıng ıt agaın before the 70s nıght tomorrow nıght.

Have really enjoyed tryıng dıfferent places thıs week and look forward to a few more next week  ;D and ıf anyone ıs ınterested, Dr Cenk can gıve you a brıllıant smıle  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline yoyo

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 09:42:19 PM »
Am glad to hear Maya is still going this year.  Its run by Sevilay (sp?), the lady who used to run Tailors Restaurant which was tucked away in the corner where Coast is now. I absolute love her home made cooking.  She does all the cooking herself which is why there is usually only one or two choices, but a different menu every night.

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 07:51:30 PM »
Wendy - couldn''t agree more with you about Breeze. It was really good when it first opened, but the prices increased and it seems the quality and service have suffered. We wouldn''t eat there again when there are so many other better choices around. We also discovered Begonvil this year, very friendly. Try their Potato & Cheese and also their Borek.
Also good the next alley along, the guy who had the jewellery stall along Kalamar Road and last year helped out at Iso''s, they now have their own cafe and his wife does the best Gozleme in Kalkan.
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline katemax

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 11:41:35 AM »
new kebab place r nice too .  doyum good . akin  fiÅŸh  good . very good restaurants in kalkan.. O0

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal