Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Tahtali Cable Car  (Read 4033 times)

Offline jstjdsunshine

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Tahtali Cable Car
« on: June 11, 2008, 07:05:57 PM »
Has any one gone up Mount Tahtali on the new cable car ? Is it feasible to do this as a day trip from Kalkan taking in a few places en route? All advise welcome.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1758.0

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
Re: Tahtali Cable Car
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 06:28:14 AM »
Yes it is feasible in a day, as approx two hours drive away. From the entrance it was another 7/9 km to the base station. It seemed quite expensive - 45 ytl I think or thereabouts.

I actually went in winter and as it wasn''t a clear day decided not to go up, however friends of mine have done it and say the views were fantastic & worth the money. Will go back at sometime.

website http://www.tahtali.com/english/index.htm

Offline Carrie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Re: Tahtali Cable Car
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 03:03:08 PM »
I know that this post is older but I have visit the Cable car ( Tahtali DaÄŸ ) and it is really worth the trip especially on a clear day..I would however avoid visting it in August as there is just too much humidty best time to visit if you want to see snow is the winter months and it is usually clearer for spectaular views..right now even April is a great time..

However a 2 hour drive from Kalkan..hmmm..you would be better off staying somewhere closer and then you can determine the weather that day..also and the member Felicity can verify this too..it probably takes more like 3 - 3.5 hours from Kalkan as Felicity has visited me in Cirali twice over the past 2 years and noted that the drive to Cirali was about 3 hours..

it is about 20 minutes drive from Cirali..

have a peak at my photos from the summit..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom/sets/72157603979204092/detail/

It was a 10 minute ride from the mid section to the summit..

Tahtali Aerial Cableway is the longest cableway in Europe, and the second longest worldwide.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Scart Cable

Started by Vally on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post April 27, 2011, 08:52:50 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal