Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Recommended Restaurants  (Read 48894 times)

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Recommended Restaurants
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2007, 04:06:03 PM »
Omars Kıtchen - as some of you may be aware we had a meet thıs week wıth some vısıtıng forum members and Omar laıd on a fantastıc Meze for us all, the foood ıs always good, reasonably prıced and the servıce ıs always fırst class, and the beer cold
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2007, 04:56:36 PM »
the omar welcome is special as well...i always get a big bear hug and ...."hello Baba first drinks are free!!" i''m glad he is back at the top of the village it seems right that hes back near where he started.He is also picking up market day trade as well......my other half Shakira and a girlfriend will be visiting him on or around the 7 th oct...i will be decorating :(.i won''t be out now till summer next year...i do hope some of the empty restaurants are again occupied...adems old place,the chinese at the side,and zeynos to name a few..glad you all had a nice time.....( thanks for raising a glass les ;))
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Johnjen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2007, 06:57:10 PM »
Just back from two weeks in Kalkan.Tried two restaurants that I didn''t think were there in previous years.Istanbul & Isos.Both are down street where Kalkan Han was (side of Sofra) & are excellent.Went to each twice so for us they had to be good.Lots of little extras full fruit salad at Istanbul.Free borek & a glass of Raki at Iso''s.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2007, 08:41:11 PM »
We ate at the istanbul in July and thought the food was very good and inexpensive. It lacks the views of many restaurants but the service was excellent and he seemed to have a lot of regulars.

Offline Cruisecontroller

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2007, 07:19:38 PM »
 8) Hi folks, we''ve just returned after a two week break, the restaurants used are as follows:- Doyum, Ilban, Marina(lunchtime), Breeze(twice), Paparazzi, Omars, Ali Babas, Rami''s, Odak, Barbaros, Cafe Nur(lunchtimes), Sun Terrace, Cati(Chati) and Kaya.  Rami''s proved to be the best, though the other restaurants did come a very close second.  In the whole fortnight, not a BAD meal had anywhere though for us, Omars came at the bottom of the pile, I apologise for upsetting anyone but it was all about the meal on the night.  We went in Omars a couple of days later and had an excellent snack of meat pancake, highly commendable, thanks to Brooksie and his partner for introducing us to it.    Les

Offline kalkanfan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2007, 09:52:05 AM »
I''d like to add a few comments regarding a few new restaurants we tried this year. 

We had a very good meal at the Ivy and were also impressed with Rendezvous.  Both produced good value meals.  There''s a young girl serving in Rendezvous (she used to work in Doy Doy along with the owner of this new restaurant) who was so keen to please and ensure all was well with your meal.

A special mention must also go to Salt n Pepper where we ate twice.  Fabulous food and great service.  It also has a very smart bar area and a very comfortable looking seating area too.  We will certainly be back next year!

Offline Alfaman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2007, 12:33:20 PM »
Can you locate Rendezvous - trying to add it to my street by street list of restaurants for future use!

Offline Eljhem

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2007, 12:55:59 PM »
Follow the main lane to the left of the Moonlight until you are nearly down at the harbour, rendezvous is on th right hand side just before the towel shop, nearly opposite Ivy and Cafe Del Mar (all excelent) :)

Offline Pebble

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2007, 04:02:52 PM »
I would also like to recommend Rendezvous. Just got back from Kalkan and had several lovely evenings there over the last couple of weeks, the food, service and prices are all excellent.

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2007, 11:37:17 PM »
I agree with you cruisecontroller about Omar''s. Don''t know what all the fuss is about I certainly won''t be eating there again.

I went in August with my friend and our kids, 1 child had a cheese sandwhich I should say a MOULDY cheese sandwhich!! the other 2 children had cheese burger I should say rubber burger!! and my friend and I ordered tuna salad I should say Tuna salad soup!! the bowl was swimming in oil.

We all had a soft drink each which was poured out of a 2ltr bottle, and the bill came 5 lira cheaper than the evening meal we had the night before in Rendezvous.

Sorry to all you Omar''s fans but we will not be eating there again.

Offline blondie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2007, 07:49:45 AM »
Hi all just back from kalkan too  (will do a first timers report soon but its back to work very shortly :-((  )
Anyway here''''s a quick list of where we ate:

Omars - OK but not as good as expected, friendly staff
Ali Bababa''''s (near Kaya) - good tasty reasonable food main course small but Backlava was fantastic (best desert0
kaya''''s - ate here twice, loved it, good food, reasonable price, really friendly staff - also popped in twice just for desert - mud pies, cheesecake etc..
Korsan (by the habour) excellent meal, nice ambinece
Jasmine - lovely food - free starters and fruit for desert and tea so excellent value
Aubergine - huge steak meals here, nice setting on harbour - only go if really hungry!
Paparazzzi - lovely waiters/staff good food too
Ilban - lovely view, meal good but had better
Kaptan - really enjoyed our meal here, beautiful food and presentation, lovely setting - only spoilt by a choc surprise desert that was burnt and overpriced.
Gironda - looks very impressive, not cheap.  Our lamb shank did not meet our expectations - not overly hot and a bit tough, side order of veg was small - we left for desert at Kaya''s!
Adems - on the Kas road - ate here twice - prob our favourite place.  Adem is a lovely chap has great food and service needs our support with a new baby on the way very shortly. His pick up service works well

Other we ran out of time for which looked good:
Korsan Kebab, Belgins, Trading Place  DEli Deli Tomato - so many spoilt for choice!

others we wished we had tried but ran out of time for
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 07:55:28 AM by blondie »

Offline Alfaman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2007, 02:03:53 PM »
Another new name to add to my list - where is Jasmine restaurant please?

Offline blondie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2007, 04:01:04 PM »
on the harbour front, very close to Aubergine

Offline Alfaman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2007, 04:12:23 PM »
Thanks - only need to locate Likya and Alaturka and that makes about 45 located. Anyone know if the Kalamaki pension and restaurant up the side street from Kaptans has reopened?

Offline Eljhem

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2007, 05:20:10 PM »
Likya is just pass Merkez just after the little park area on the opposite side.  Alaturka is above the towel shop of the same name opposite the Ivy and Cafe Del Mar.

Offline Kim

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2007, 07:30:37 PM »
Rendevous a definite favourite of ours, also loved Istanbul, Coast, Ibo''s and OH likes Ramis for the lamb.  We tried a ''cheapie'' street restaurant but weren''t all that enamoured overall.  Food is cheap but add wine and the fact that you have no real view / ambience, other than the motor bikes flying past, and I''d rather pay the extra 20L (£7?) for a nice table cloth, toilets and no mozzies flying around!  Good for a lunch stop as the Pide was delicous, but can''t say the same for the chicken dish which had lots of fat and skin floating around in the casserole.  However we tried it and it was an experience which wasn''t unpleasant, just not our cup of tea. 

Offline Carole

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2007, 12:04:26 PM »
There are so many restaurants to choose from, we have never had a bad meal.  Two of the best are the Merkez cafe for light meals and drinks.  Very friendly helpful waiters.  For the best evening meals you really should try the Atlantis.  Their restaurant is on the roof with some lovely views.  If the weather is bad then you eat downstairs!  The steaks are wonderful but my favourite has to be the Chicken Hermes followed by home made Tiramasu, oh how can I wait until May?

Offline katemax

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2008, 12:36:30 PM »
thanks  alice  very good  all . aubergine ,kebab place , korsan ,doy doy ,trio .

Offline Shevil

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2008, 10:29:23 PM »
I am going back to Kalkan really soon :D many of you have mentioned Doyum and I thought I''d try it. Can you tell me a bit about it? Thanks!

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2008, 01:06:26 PM »
Doyum has been taken over by the man who used to be on the door of Ozalp. It ıs now a famıly run affaır and I can recommend the welcome food and prices. On the door of Ozalp now ıs a body buılder and there ıs a Robbie Willıams lookalike ınside!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

the ivy

Views: 5081
By: The Ivy

Views: 3802