Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Recommended Restaurants  (Read 48914 times)

Offline helen1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
Re: Recommended Restaurants
« Reply #120 on: August 18, 2008, 08:12:08 PM »
We supported Extinct three times in July as it was so lovely. We made sure we told lots of people and it seemed to be full most nights. My daughter had sea bass the first time she went and then Tom Jones made sure each time we went he found an even bigger sea bass for her- what a lovely guy he is. Looking forward to going back in October for the delicious sea food casserole. I hope he''s still open then.

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #121 on: August 18, 2008, 08:16:49 PM »
Good to hear,but I hope it isnt too busy in sept, so we can get a table,It is a good little place.

Neil. ;)
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2008, 08:55:42 PM »
It''s nearly always empty as he now seems to be charging the usual "high" Kalkan restaurant prices for a lokanta setting.
It used to be smallish portions and cheap - but not now

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #123 on: August 18, 2008, 09:01:44 PM »
Thats a shame, If he keeps it up he might not survive.

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #124 on: August 28, 2008, 02:02:38 PM »
Just returned from another glorious week in Kalkan and my favourite restaurants are still Iso''s Kitchen and Bezigan Kitchen, fantastic traditional Turkish food at reasonable prices.

Would highly recommended both restaurants.

Offline Goldie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
  • Happy when I'm in Kalkan
    • Share Post
« Reply #125 on: September 09, 2008, 07:47:15 PM »
I would NOT recommend Il Terazza, where we had the most ordinary pizza ever (no garnish or anything) which we ate because we were very hungry by the time we had decided where to eat.  Two pizzas with one or two drinks each cost £15 a head, expensive even at UK rates.  I hate to whinge but this time I think it was justified.

Offline Goldie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • Happy when I'm in Kalkan
    • Share Post
« Reply #126 on: September 09, 2008, 07:47:38 PM »
I love Alternatif!

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #127 on: September 10, 2008, 09:38:10 AM »
Tried all the usual suspects and most up to the mark. Special mention for Rendevous and the lovely girl who helps run the place, Great fish here, linked to the Doy Doy. Akin for the kids and always a special welcome. Best steak this year was at Atlantis. Didn''t like the Italian, poor service and small bland portions.

Offline foreverkalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #128 on: September 19, 2008, 07:26:36 PM »
yuck!!!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #129 on: September 20, 2008, 07:49:04 AM »
Ostrich? :o..lets hope you didn''t ask for leg?the plate would be about 5 foot long :D :D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Onesque

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2008, 10:52:07 AM »
Was at the Istanbul last night good food great value. Merkez as good as usual. Wines seems a little pricey this year again best prices at both the above 16TL. Other places wine seems to vary between 20 to 30 TL.

Have eaten at the Marina, Trio and Zula. First time at Zula and it was very good and well priced.

Was also at the Aubergine last night but only for a drink, great place to people watch.

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #131 on: September 24, 2008, 03:32:10 PM »
Hi,
Has the "Dream" changed owners also?
Cheers Steve

Offline Hoca

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #132 on: October 01, 2008, 09:09:08 AM »
Did you pay ?

Offline Alfaman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #133 on: October 01, 2008, 03:54:46 PM »
Care needs to be taken to distinguish between the Alternatif which is opposite Zeki''s and Alternatif Atlantis on the Kalamar Road and where the steaks and staff are excellent.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #134 on: October 01, 2008, 03:58:12 PM »
we have always found the steaks excellent and oz the perfect host ;)

Offline mitch

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #135 on: October 01, 2008, 05:07:03 PM »
I have been to the Alternatif resturant (next to the Mosque) several times with my family and have always had a great evening. We have always enjoyed the food which has been of a very high quality, and Mustafa and his staff have always been very welcoming and attentive. I am surpised by the negative comment, as this is certainly one of my favourite restaurants in Kalkan and I can''t wait to go again and have the seafood casserole ;D ;D

Offline yelkenite

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #136 on: October 01, 2008, 05:29:31 PM »
This is the first negative comment I''ve ever heard on the Alternatif. It''s been a regular stop-off for us for about 8 years now and I''ve never ever been disappointed.  Sorry to hear about your bad experience.   Bill

Offline The Reds

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #137 on: October 01, 2008, 07:59:13 PM »
This is not the story I have been told, maybe the forum would like to hear the other side of the story. (it always has two sides) So I will give you the Alternatif story.

According to the owner these people (who are residents) had a similar complaint 3 years ago, bad service, poor food etc,etc. The landlord asked them to leave then and that was that.
They came back last night, 7 people in total, the staff were courteous and their attitude was "water under the bridge". These people placed an order (after asking the price of various drinks and sundries), no problem there we all would like to know how much the bar bill might be at the end of the meal. They place there order and requested fresh chips. The food duly arrives.

They had a long list of complaints, but get this they waited until they finished the meal. The staff tell me that they literally took the pattern of the plates. (so the meal was not that bad, was it! M&M)
Then as we get closer to the inevitable bill, the complaints start. The chips were not fresh, the source for the meat was cold, the napkins were damp, there were marks on the glasses of drink. ( according to staff the marks looked decidedly like somebody had handled the chips and then smeared the glasses)
This was all done in a loud rather vulgar manner, the surrounding tables were well aware of what was going on. Amazingly when every single one of these other diners was asked (some of whom had the same meals) if they had any problems, everyone to a person said it was the best meal they had had in a long time.

Know you might be thinking that this could just be unfortunate, a blip, one of those things, not really sure which side to believe. I would be the same, but this might help you decide.

M&M then announce that they want a discount because of the unpalatable food, which was eaten with gusto. One of the group was still completing the job of picking clean the lamb shank! When this was brought to M&M attention the staff were told they had given most of their meal to their dog. The owner was also told that they were going to place a negative post on EK. (which they did the next morning)

The owner then actually deducts an amount from the bill and then M&M get a calculator out and work out how much each of the party has to pay. They still left the restaurant not paying the correct amount. (I know people do this, but is it just me who finds this rather tacky)

EnjoyKalkan Safety
Some of the content of this post goes against the Mutual Member Respect policy and has been removed. Whilst EnjoyKalkan is not able to assess the accuracy of the content of the post it contained personal attacks which are against the rules of the forum.

EnjoyKalkan welcomes alternative viewpoints but these should not be in the form of personal attacks regardless of the subject matter.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 06:52:36 PM by Enjoy Kalkan »

Offline Kalkankiwi

• KK
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #138 on: October 01, 2008, 08:02:41 PM »
Totally agree with Mitch, Bill and others. The Alternatif opposite Zekis is our favourite restaurant in Kalkan, the steaks and seafood casserole together with the excellent service being unsurpassed in our Kalkan restaurant experiences. KK

Offline foreverkalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #139 on: October 01, 2008, 10:51:46 PM »
AND M n M, you took your dog to a restaurant with you....nice...not

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Sunset

Views: 4096
By: irfan
Harbour