Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: FIRST TIME IN TURKEY/KALKAN  (Read 4144 times)

Offline marlo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
FIRST TIME IN TURKEY/KALKAN
« on: May 19, 2008, 02:09:28 PM »
Hi Everyone,
Just got back from our first ever holiday to Turkey.Chose Kalkan after seeing it on a holiday report some time ago,it looked very pretty,& low rise which is what we like.First impressions, we arrived late (11 30pm ) so didnt see any of Kalkan till the following day.We stayed at the Nur Hotel at the top of the hill on the main road into Kalkan.We unfortunatly had a front facing room! VERY NOISY !!! To upgrade was another £140 a room for a week, which we thought rather expensive.There is a ramp just outside the hotel which makes a loud clanging noise every time any traffic goes too fast over it, then there was a football match going on over the road in a small sports ground till 2am, then finally got off to sleep to be woken with morning prayers at 5am! so certainly didnt get my beauty sleep:) Nur Hotel nice, small basic rooms,but clean,& found owner & staff very pleasant,contrary to some of the reports we had read about the owner.
 Kalkan......... You wasnt joking about the hill!!! My calves hurt sooooooooooo much for the first 4 days & with staying at The Nur, had the whole hill to do 4 times a day(going up & down) Told myself it was doing me good:) but it didnt feel like it at the time ;)It was lovely to walk along the flat part, near the beach where the bars & restaurants are, & sit & people watch whilst having a drink (or two) Loved the Turkish people, very friendly & helpful,& found lots of nice Bars,Cafes,&Restaurants to go to.Adopted the cat belonging to The Cafe Del Mar, for the week. He followed us to the beach & sat with us every time we went in the cafe, which was a lovely place to just sit & chill out, with one of their lovely coffees. Will definitely visit Turkey again,but like to see different places,so maybe return to Kalkan in a few years time.It certainly has a charm about it, & i would like to say THANK YOU on "enjoy Kalkan" for being so informative,it was good to read all the info before we went away,& its interesting now to read it as we know all the places your referring to.

Thanks again ................ Marlo

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1576.0

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: FIRST TIME IN TURKEY/KALKAN
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 03:05:37 PM »
Really glad you enjoyed your holiday and Kalkan and also that you found the Forum helpful. Thankyou very much for letting us have your report.
Best wishes
Joan

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 03:23:28 PM »
Hi marlo - as Joan says - glad you enjoyed your time in kalkan - and do visit again in the future - at least now you''ll know where (or which room) NOT to stay in!!  Glad we were of help to you too - and enabled you to get the most out of your holiday!!

Cheers!  :)
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline LozJay

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 03:52:54 PM »
Hi Marlo,

We''ve just got back too, and I agree the cat in Café del Mar is really friendly!  He also followed us about and sat on our laps when we were in there.  I think they said his name is Osman!

Loz

Offline xJessx

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 08:07:57 PM »
What colour was this cat?

I wonder if it was the kitten from last year who was lovely. One of the staff said he''d probably take it home with him during the winter months. But then again it could be any cat.  :)

Offline marlo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 03:31:41 PM »
The cat was brown & white tabby with a white front.
   marlo

Offline Reygirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 11:26:34 PM »
The cat is called Osman; he''s beautiful.  And Murat will look after him during the winter months.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

recycled
Not just Kalkan.....first time to Turkey!

Started by welshgal on General Discussion

30 Replies
Last post August 15, 2010, 10:53:05 PM
by welshgal
xx
First time visitors to Turkey/Kalkan

Started by Ainsley on Introduce Yourself

24 Replies
Last post July 26, 2012, 08:17:44 PM
by Joeyloveskalkan
xx
Young couple..first time going to Turkey and Kalkan!!

Started by lucyandsteven88 on Introduce Yourself

10 Replies
Last post May 29, 2010, 02:04:46 PM
by lucyandsteven88
recycled
1st time kalkan/turkey snorkelling/beach/shopping/sightseeing etc

Started by HL40sEastmid on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post August 08, 2010, 09:55:23 PM
by Slushpuppie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kas Harbour

Views: 4051
By: Enjoy Kalkan
Cool Mountain Air