Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Coming to Kalkan for first time in Aug  (Read 4283 times)

Offline Tony

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Coming to Kalkan for first time in Aug
« on: May 17, 2008, 04:40:01 PM »
Hi Everyone 5 of us are coming to Kalkan for two weeks in August really looking forward to it after reading about it, been to Marmaris & Bodrum then discovered Hisaronu and loved it so went again the following year found Kalkan via Holiday truths and thought it sounded even better than Hisaronu I hope I wont be disappointed.
Hired a villa its Villa Gomah the info says its on the lower slopes anyone know where it is and how far from town nearest bar & restaurant  any info really would be nice not planing on using the kitchen so recommendations of where to eat would be good.
Any good agents to book trips with like jeep safari. I can probably come up with loads of questions but I think that will do for now.
Thanks in advance.   
Tony,Pam,Mark,Chris & June

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1562.0

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Coming to Kalkan for first time in Aug
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 04:48:54 PM »
Hi Tony, welcome to you and your family to the forum.
I am sure if you read through the different sections of the foruim relating to trips and eating out and the Holiday Reports, you will find lots of things and places to put on your "to do" list. I do not know this particular villa is, but I am sure someone else on here will be able to advise you on this. Is yours a family party or is it friends? (This will help in giving the best advice to you)
Joan

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 05:10:15 PM »
Hi Tony - welcome from me too and as Joan says - all the information will be here on the forum for you in one way or another - other than the location of your villa...!!  We need a bit more info i''m afraid - the ''lower slopes'' could mean a myriad of things - low to the town (ie near) half way up the mountain..ie a VERY long walk - or somewhere in between - I''m afraid with building extending quite far up ''the slopes'' some villa owners are rather circumspect with the truth when it comes to where the location of their properties are..!!  Could you place some landmarks from your villa - ie: near the petrol station or near a hotel or restaurant - that will help us to pinpoint more exactly for you and then be able to give you the right advice!!

Having said that - I think you will find that Kalkan FAR nicer than Hisaronu (IMHO)...so I wouldn''t be surprised if you decide to come back to Kalkan instead....!!   ;)

Cheers!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Hilary

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 10:55:51 PM »
Hi Tony
we are also going to be in Kalkan in August for the first time. We are staying at the Korsan Apartments. We will be with our youngest two children aged 12 and nearly 9 (the youngest will have his birthday on holiday). I hope to say hello!!

Offline Tony

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 01:21:40 PM »
Merhaba Everyone,
I''m glad I asked that I think !! what did I ask anyway ?   ??? I know how Blue Lizard feels I''m now even more confussed than I normally am.
Hi Joan / Felicity we are two family''s My wife Pam my son Mark plus my wife''s twin sister June & her husband Chris, Mark is 24 so we are all adults in our party. Yeah the description on Kalkan Connexions is a bit vague " Villa Gomah is ideally situated on the gentle lower slopes of Kalkan. Just a 5 minute downhill stroll takes you into the beautiful and friendly town of Kalkan " that''s why I asked just in case anyone knew where it was a 5 min stroll is often a long hike as travel agents must have long legs and I bet it takes longer going back up!!
John I understood what you meant about a different class from the write ups I''ve read not only on this forum Kalkan sounds a bit special.
Hi to Hilary I''ll be sure to say hello lets hope we both have a wonderful holiday.
I have checked out all the reviews in the forum & now have so many restaurants on my list I need to extend my stay to about 3 months 
 ;D

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 04:21:51 PM »
Thread tidied

Offline Hilary

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 10:36:19 PM »
we are so looking forward to our holiday!!!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal