Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Galatasaray Celebrations!  (Read 6183 times)

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Galatasaray Celebrations!
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 07:46:15 AM »
Felicity- unexpected win by Fulham? We have won 4 out of 5 of our last matches. My only sadness was having to watch it on computer in Kalkan rather than being there, however as Reading have lots of our old players I commiserated to them and the supporters , getting out of the championship is tough. At least when I am in the UK I can still watch Premiership football!

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 08:44:59 AM »
Hi Mercimek - only ''unexpected'' in so far as - playing and winning   :o against a team so high in the table....something that Reading has failed to do... :(  - anyway as my son pointed out to me - the plus side is that his season ticket should be cheaper next season..!!   ;)

Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2008, 06:24:00 PM »
Felicity, as a Liverpool season ticket holder I have to correct you when you say you didn''t win against teams higher in the table...you had a very good 3-1 win against us earlier in the season and add that to a credible draw against Man U on the opening day - there''s 4 points you took off the top 4 sides  :) I''m sorry you went down, I know some people involved in the club and they are devastated  :(

Anyway, Feds...mixed emotions in our house, whilst I''m die hard red, my BH is die hard blue of Everton - and a season ticket holder (can you imagine the fun and games in our house on derby days?? ::) ::)....plus he''s Welsh and I''m English just to make it doubly difficult when our national sides meet in any sport!! Joy!!! Now throw into the mix our eldest daughter''s boyfriend is a Villa season ticket holder...and you get the picture!!! They travelled down to West Ham and came back deflated...although Will get Melberg''s shirt!! BH is delighted, naturally. I''m sorry for Mrs Fed, but Everton did spend most of the season up in 4th or 5th, so you have to say they deserve it....you will note I''m not a bitter red  ;)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2008, 06:29:47 PM »
Hi Kalkan4eva - thanks for those cheery words as we are still crying in our beers...  :( Yes - those highlights of earlier in the season are well forgotten...but we are standing behind our man - Steve Coppell - there was a big demo of support around his car park space last night at the Madjeski - so fingers crossed - he won''t leave..!!  ::)

Mmm...what a battle you must have in your household..!!  i don''t envy you!!   :o

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2008, 07:20:44 PM »
mmmmmmmmmmmm..big demo of support round his car park space..how big is a Reliant Robins space?..Only kidding felicity!! hope he stays and they give him better financial backing :-*
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline jane on hols

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2008, 08:59:02 AM »
Hi Felicity

We too are season ticket holders at Reading, and are ever hopeful that the price will go down next season - there has to be some advantages being in the Championship! But, the economy being as it is, and Madjeski being the business man that he is, lets not bank on it eh?

We are in Kalkan 9th to 13th June, are you out there then? if so, we''ll have to meet up for a beer and drown our Reading sorrows together!

Jane

Offline Diane

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • Living in Kalkan
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2008, 09:29:07 PM »
The subject line of Galatasaray Celebrations attracted my eye but alas there is nothing actually about the celebrations in Kalkan! Anyway, it seems to me that the overall subject of football has been well supported so is it possible to have fottball as a ''special'' subject on it''s own? John?

I am a (long suffering) Spurs supporter. Will we keep Berbie this summer? I can only hope so! 

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2008, 03:52:24 PM »
Diane

At last, a fellow believer!!  Just when I was almost prepared to have a drink with a Brum fan.....

I''m from a few miles of the Lane and have followed them since infancy, 40+ years ago (or six months ago, if you ask my wife).

Rumours here of Spurs chasing a young whippersnapper called Arda Turan from Gala......  What does anyone know about him, bringing the subject cleverly back to the Cimbom?

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2008, 04:54:27 PM »
methinks tis because you would rather drink with a nice lady .......i take no offence...just remember when the conversation turns to shopping and hairstyles and your ears are about to explode..you could have hasd a beer with a geezer!! ;D  >:D

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2008, 06:26:48 PM »
Fair point.  We arrive on 4 July, so will be in the Swan soon after that.  Hopefully, Berba will still be at the Lane.  Perhaps we can all discuss his hairstyle and who Ramos is shopping for!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

smiley
Birthday celebrations

Started by Mrs P on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

21 Replies
Last post April 01, 2013, 07:11:53 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal