Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: waterpark  (Read 3167 times)

Offline bennyboo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
waterpark
« on: May 01, 2008, 02:58:55 PM »
We are going to Kalkan for the first time at the end of June, my little boy is 6yrs old & i wondered whether there is a waterpark nearby to take him to ?  Or are there any activities for him at the Beach Clubs ?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1454.0

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
Re: waterpark
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 03:04:37 PM »
Hi Bennyboo - welcome to the forum!  Sorry - no waterparks nearby...  You must bear in mind that, depending on how good a swimmer your son is, the beach clubs are concrete with steps leading down into the water which are usually pretty deep.  I think some are more child orientated than others with waterslides etc - so Im sure others will pitch in with their comments - but certainly the one that I have most experience of - Kalamar - is very deep water and therefore your son will need to be an able swimmer or wearing a permanent inflatable jacket so that you can be less worried.  As far as beaches go - the beach in Kalkan is lovely and very calm water - but it does shelve quite steeply.  Patara beach (a short dolmus ride away) is lovely and can be very calm with shallow water - but can also be rough with big waves and rollers - just depends on the weather and the winds - so can''t be sure you''ll pick a calm one - but that would be my ideal choice for such a young ''un. 

I hope that helps!!

Cheers!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline bennyboo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 03:10:43 PM »
Thanks for the info !  He been having lessons ready for the hol but im packing arm bands / ring etc & he wont be anywhere near the water without them...although he has convinced himself he can swim !!

We are staying in a Villa so he will have plenty of time to practice in the pool !!

Do the restuarants cater for children ?  Im not taking nuggets etc, he prefers steak any day, just wondered whether they did child portions of that kind of thing ??

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 03:29:20 PM »
yes - quite a few offer childrens menus and they all simply ADORE children and cater for them - so he will be made a BIG fuss over!!

Enjoy yourself!

Offline bennyboo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 03:52:44 PM »
Brill, thanks !!

Any suggestions on day trips / places to visit, that a 6yr would enjoy ?

We are staying at Villa Mehtapli, any comments where this villa situated,or anyone stayed there before ??

Offline Mrs B

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 03:58:34 PM »
Those life jacket-type swim aids that the kiddies at Kalamar beach club wear seem very safe and useful.
I would also like to suggest some ''sun protection factor cover up clothing'' for kiddies...or anyone who sits/plays/runs around in the sun.
Its easier to use and protects everywhere it covers.
Feel free to P.M. me if you want any further info.  :)

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 04:24:22 PM »
Can''t help with the location of that villa - have you tried a search - I have a feeling that place has been talked about before on this forum!

With regards to days out - I think your son would love Sakklikent gorge - depending on how confident and adventurous/daredevilish he is...by the end of June - you might be able to walk up the gorge a little way which he will find great fun (be careful some bits are deeper than others - so those life jacket swim aids would be a good idea again).  You will simply need him to be carried across the first, fast flowing bit - there are always people there to help you and take your photo for a small tip.  After going up the gorge as far as you want - you can go tubing down the river - which is great fun - not very fast flowing (at least it shouldn''t be by then) and is all of about 1 foot deep the majority of the way - he will love that!  Again - patara beach will be great and maybe kaputas beach - but as Mrs B says - be careful with the very strong sun - especially on the beaches!!

Cheers!

Offline bennyboo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 05:00:18 PM »
the gorge sounds great fun, what is the approx cost ?  Do you make your own way there or do they offer organised trip ?

Are you getting bored of all of my questions yet ???

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 05:55:33 PM »
Hey - no problem - that''s what we are here for..!!  You can make your own way there - probably easiest if you are hiring a car - it will take you about 1 hour or a touch more to get there - or there are organised trips available from all the excursion places in Kalkan - but of course they won''t give you the flexibility to just do what you want - and they probably combine that visit with Tlos (an amazing archaeological roman ruin) and yakapark trout farm for lunch - which may or may not suit you and your youngster..!!  sorry - can''t help on cost coz we always drive ourselves or go with a private excursion when there is enough to fill a minibus!! 

And yes - it is great fun and an amazing place - i understand it is the 2nd biggest gorge in europe after Cyprus...if my memory serves me correctly... ???

Cheers!   :)

Offline Johnjen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 06:43:48 PM »
Trip will cost around 20GBP but that includes lunch usually at Yakapark.Children love it there,the bar has a stream running along it with fish in it,which can be touched.The whole place is just a series of waterfalls  running into pools & it is a good 10 degrees cooler.Very welcome in the middle of the day.You can also get a dolmus to the gorge only very cheap but I think there is only one a day.

Offline bennyboo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 08:46:10 AM »
Thanks for the info, the gorge sounds great so that''s one thing we are defiantly going to do while we are there !!

Never been to Turkey before, fancied trying somewhere different this year.  Don''t like anywhere touristy or full of english pubs / restaurants selling egg & chips.....my idea of hell that''s why we chose Kalkan, by reading the info on the forum it sounds like we picked the perfect place !!  Cant wait

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 08:07:45 PM »
Thank you Felicity, Mrs B and Johnjen for your responses to these questions. This is what makes this Forum worthwhile.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Waterpark

Started by Griffo63 on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

3 Replies
Last post September 07, 2011, 07:14:19 AM
by Griffo63
xx
Calis waterpark

Started by kalkancrazy on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

1 Replies
Last post February 23, 2009, 06:51:22 PM
by Chucky

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal