Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Where is Everbody?  (Read 7178 times)

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Where is Everbody?
« on: October 20, 2022, 04:15:46 PM »
Kalkan has been busy all week, whoever we ask has said they’ve had a good season so visitors must’ve been here yet nobody has been posting on the forum. Have all the regulars given up or passed away? It’s a shame because it is still the wonderful place we all used to rave about.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=14380.0

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Where is Everbody?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2022, 02:05:36 PM »
Many have moved over to Facebook it would seem, shame really as I do think the forum offers more!

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2022, 02:40:50 PM »
Shame really, what confuses me is that there have been a large number of views on this thread and my recent holiday thread yet nobody replied (apart from you). If they are reading them then why aren’t they posting??

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2022, 09:31:10 PM »
I wish I knew
I’d happily offer EK to others to run/contribute to ensure it’s survival

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2023, 06:24:56 PM »
Just read your post Pompeyalbie.   I hadn't looked at the Forum for a while (lots of things happening at home).   Also so few people now posting.

We had our usual visits in June and September.   Unfortunately I couldn't get around much because of a recent fall but thoroughly enjoyed the views and the food.   Managed one of two meals out at our favourite places, where we could go very close by taxi.   

Already booked flights for this year (it is this year now!!),   Hopefully will be able to get out and about more. 

Last year visited Patara for the first time, hard to believe.   It was all fascinating.   We even managed to walk over the sand dunes although once or twice I was reduced to being on my hands and knees when it was steep and deep.   Fortunately no one could see me as it was very quiet.

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2023, 07:03:26 PM »
Happy New Year TL, I think Patara has overtaken Xanthos as my favourite ancient city. I trekked out to find the lighthouse, as never been there only to find it covered in scaffold.
We’ve booked for April/May on Boxing Day and got a decent priced flights, because Janet wants a villa with a bath our search for a villa is a bit restricted, didn’t want to go back to the place we had in October because of all the niggly problems we had so ended up out of town just off the D400 on the way to Adam’s. No sea view but one of the mountains instead.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2023, 11:38:53 AM »
Sadly I think may people have moved to Facebook for ease (of advertising as opposed searching!)

Fingers crossed we can find a way of keeping all this information and history together, it would be a shame for it to vanish as KTLN did.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal