Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How is Kalkan coping/what is happening.....  (Read 3250 times)

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
How is Kalkan coping/what is happening.....
« on: April 23, 2020, 08:30:52 AM »
For the benefit of us who are not in Kalkan at the moment & don't follow FB, Twitter etc  & who still use this site, can anyone please update us as to how things are eg, building progress if any, weather, people still 'stranded' waiting to get back to UK or wherever.Realise perhaps not much will be happening but it might just be nice to know.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=14329.0
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: How is Kalkan coping/what is happening.....
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 12:09:56 PM »
Yes, it would be good to hear from anyone who is in Kalkan at the moment.   Are any places open?   I am so looking forward to the next visit to Kalkan but fear it may not be possible for quite a while.   

I also fear that the people of Kalkan who depend on holidaymakers may be in for a rather lean season,

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 08:48:25 PM »
So this is what I wrote on April 11 on this forum -

Everything here is pretty much closed and the town is very quiet - bars, restaurants and most shops are closed. The only ones open are supermarkets, bakeries, pharmacies and the DIY stores as building work is generally continuing. Those over 65 and under 20 are not allowed out and as of last night at midnight there is a curfew on everybody for just 48 hours - this is a countrywide directive. No reported cases nor deaths in Kalkan - 2 deaths in Fethiye (our nearest pandemic hospitals) and just rumours in Kas Before the curfew - inter province travel is not possible - eg Fethiye to Kalkan - road blocks and fines. All beaches, parks etc are also out of bounds....while the infection rate is rising fast the number of deaths is rather surprisingly low......

Just to add that we now have a 4 day curfew from midnight on Weds to midnight on Sunday - ostensibly because of Childrens Day yesterday and the start of Ramadan today - so this looks like it is a pattern to continue - all very sad for the businesses and people of Kalkan and even down to my 1 small villa - financially disastrous for me, Kalkan, UK and the whole world but we must be thankful that we are healthy as are our loved ones and if we can get through this - we can get through anything! Expats are very well looked after - the over 65s are shopped for and there are lots of people delivering yummy takeaways and more importantly - wine deliveries - Migros is now doing online shopping and so is Carrefour but as there is never anybody in Migros - I still go down once a week - you MUST wear a mask to go shopping or to any public place in Turkey so everything is being taken very seriously! I hope this updates gives you a flavour of life here in lockdown! :)
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 09:32:53 AM »
Many thanks Fliss for that update...had a little chuckle at the Migros on line deliveries etc, have visions of the drivers trying to find the properties driving up and around but it is obviously easier as not so many places occupied now. Wow, how this problem has made things change, good & bad either way. Do hope surrounding villages are also coping too and of course things must be very different in Kas, the local government offices hopefully still open.
The takeaways sound good together with the wine supply.

Keep safe, keep your distance.

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2020, 07:33:00 AM »
What’s happening now in Kalkan ?

Offline TonyRochter

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 10:21:06 AM »
I heard that flights would start at the end of July
I'm booked for the end of August
I'm curious to hear if anyone makes it to kalkan from overseas
I heard that I will require a doctor certificate confirming no corona issued just prior to arrival but I can't find any more specific info

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
What is happening to Kalkan?

Started by DRBD on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post July 19, 2019, 09:17:36 PM
by Babs
xx
What is happening to paradise.....

Started by collsmac on General Discussion

33 Replies
Last post September 18, 2008, 03:53:27 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Late September - Anything happening

Started by dancefamily on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

0 Replies
Last post June 22, 2016, 06:09:45 PM
by dancefamily
xx
First time to Kalkan - Family of 3 - recommended restaurants in Kalkan please??

Started by Harrogate_female on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post October 05, 2009, 01:48:16 PM
by howmad

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal