Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Adverts on the site.  (Read 2008 times)

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Adverts on the site.
« on: April 03, 2020, 10:03:13 AM »
Hi john have you agreed to have loads of adverts on the enjoy kalkan website or has mine been corrupted. Every time I open the site now its full of adverts which is pretty rubbish. It often starts with an advert then some topic areas the advert then topic areas and so on. I don’t think this is enhancing the site in fact it may be putting people off. If this is something that is necessary is there a way of the individual turning them off. I have clicked on the x but it says about reporting this advert and I don’t wish to do that if it’s something you have agreed to. Thank you Ray.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=14327.0

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Adverts on the site.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 09:09:31 PM »
Nope there should only be a couple of adverts as previously.

Welcome everyones feedback on this as certainly the site should not be littered with adverts, I hate sites that do that!!

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 09:47:48 PM »
Just opened the site and I’ve got marquee hire. Then herpotherm then face shields ads. It sucks. How do I get rid of them. I want to see enjoy kalkan not ads. Cheers. Ray

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 08:20:55 AM »
Yep...having the same thing...big arts & craft advert this morning amongst others.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 08:54:26 AM »
Thanks for the reply which now tells me it’s not my site that’s infected. I’m a bit paranoid at the moment about items from turkey as since I used the villas wifi. Since then I get 100s of spam a week which could a coincidence or not. I love the enjoy site and hope that this can be sorted or unfortunately I will possibly stop using it. I’m supposed to be in kalkan in September and again in October and really hope this is possible. Our next trip to Paris is early June which will not happen. If all goes well and we stay well we will be really needing to be in the lovely kalkan. Apart from us missing it kalkan business will be terribly hit. Keep well. Regards ray.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 09:12:06 AM »
Just got one....Give Birds A Home..m :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Didn't state what sort of birds...

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 12:35:41 PM »
My spam box is full of different kinds of birds since using wifi last year in kalkan. They have some amusing names but don’t know the contents as I delete without reading. But just about as suggestive as you could imagine. 😎

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2020, 06:58:27 PM »
Hi All,

I can certainly sympathise when it comes to spam, it does seem that using WiFi in Kalkan does guarantee a mailbox of junk for many years to come! I used to always depend on Vodafone but it looks from other threads they are withdrawing this from us.

As for the Ads on this site, I have submitted a support request with Google to find out what's happening as they shouldn't be as you are describing!

Jon

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2020, 08:27:11 PM »
Thanks Jon. It’s a real pain. Cheers ray

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2020, 08:35:53 PM »
So the mystery is solved, Google changed to "Auto Ads" by default so they decided the best place to display them ignoring any of my other settings.

Auto Ads disabled, lets see what tomorrow brings :)

Just as a reminder to everyone, Ads bring in very small revenue and help to fund the website (I pay the difference) so please do try and promote EnjoyKalkan to others to keep this valuable resource alive

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2020, 10:07:22 PM »
Jon....many thanks for the update.

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2020, 07:54:04 AM »
Thank you Jon , it was much easier to get onto the site. I for one thank you for funding us

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2020, 08:45:04 AM »
Thank Jon. That’s so much better. Although there are not many people using the site at the moment I generally take a look each day. Hopefully the new cctv system will still go live shortly but like everyone in business cashflow is king and many may have to draw on savings. If they have any. Our trip to Paris in June is gone but our trips to kalkan in September and October are hopefully still going to be possible. Many in the U.K. will be looking towards a holiday in kalkan especially after the trauma and worry of many who are fighting to keep there businesses alive or worse may have lost someone.  Although my daughter and family only live 4 miles away like everyone we miss seeing them and the kids. Their business is recruitment and of course no one is employing at the moment. They would be horrified to miss their kalkan holiday. It must be a daunting time for everyone in kalkan. Many of them like Hasan the owner of the Baharat who is a great friend has spent a lot of money in making structural improvements to his restaurant over winter ready for us all to enjoy. And the owners of villas updating their properties. Hopefully we will all get through this. Our own business is pretty much the same in agriculture. We are fertilising our fields today so everything has to keep going. My farm is more like a country park at the moment as people are walking through. Cycling through. Coming to see the horses constantly. to get some breathing space. Sorry to have gone off the topic but just taking about kalkan cheers me up. Keep going everyone and keep safe. Regards Ray

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Adverts - Distances

Started by Legionaire on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post January 12, 2011, 01:11:04 PM
by kalcougar
xx
Hi new to the site.

Started by BoyWonder on Introduce Yourself

8 Replies
Last post April 15, 2008, 02:32:18 PM
by BoyWonder
xx
New to Site

Started by frangaz16 on Introduce Yourself

2 Replies
Last post August 05, 2010, 07:50:28 PM
by frangaz16
xx
new to site

Started by gilly123 on Introduce Yourself

2 Replies
Last post September 06, 2011, 10:09:45 AM
by Lizilu20

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan News

Views: 8323
By: misty
By the Pool.JPG