Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Holiday Over for 2019  (Read 11627 times)

Offline NormskiD

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Holiday Over for 2019
« on: October 07, 2019, 03:11:44 PM »
Just returned from yet another wonderful holiday in beautiful Kalkan. As usual, despite best intentions we did absolutely nothing for a month except eat & drink in our usual haunts, and a couple of new ones .
In no particular order we enjoyed fabulous meals in the following restaurants: Kosk, always a pleasure with Mehmet & his lovely staff. On my wifes birthday we shared a starter of calamari and a splendid Chateaubriand. We declined a dessert, but were treated to complimentary brandies & chocolate plus the usual fireworks.
Korsan meze/fishterrace were up to their usual high standard & it was great to see Yussef and Sadi back this year. Coast tapas was great for a special occasion, always something different on the menu here.  Salonika was it's usual busy self, and we have never had a bad meal here. We had lovely meals & service at Cinar with the ever reliable Rami, the Ottoman casserole is to die for. Another long standing favourite is Iso's, Ishmael certainly knows how to cook fish!! We tried two new restaurants this year, the first being Saki at the Terrace, as were looking for Can Akkurt who works the outside. What a treat this turned out to be. We had the best pan fried calamari we have ever tasted & an excellent prawn curry. Finally for the purists you must Sini, a traditional Turkish restaurant with the best of Turkish food, served by the lovely Nurdan. Finally we reverted to type & spent our time in either Shade lounge or Botanik, both terrific bars.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=14288.0

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Holiday Over for 2019
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 06:45:49 PM »
Thanks for sharing with us.... hope you will be back in 2020 😃

Offline Kevin Norwich

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 06:46:25 AM »
Thanks for that, I enjoyed reading how much you had enjoyed Kalkan.

Offline NormskiD

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 02:55:16 PM »
Hi EK Admin, thank you already booked for 3 weeks in September next year. Happy days await!!

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 04:55:37 PM »
Our villa booked as well. 3rd week September. Kalkan was very busy on the first week of September this year but as always we saw no problems. We didn’t notice any large parties in restaurants apart from families enjoying themselves. I think that if the place is really busy you may not always receive the service as expected or the occasional meal that you may not enjoy as much as normal. We always pre book most of our restaurants as they run on full booking. This means that they are used to this and cope easily hence exceptional food service and care. We holiday a lot in Europe
And have only ever found the people and business people in kalkan amazingly friendly and trustworthy. We have been coming for about 12 years and although the place had grown much bigger we have not felt any shine gone from the place. Sometimes it’s good to have a change to remind ourselves of the difference. We love visiting anywhere with Roman history across Europe and the kalkan area has plenty but for me it’s my relaxing holiday with nothing in my head but a wonderful holiday with family and friends. Can’t wait to return. Regards.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 04:57:50 PM by cleworthallray »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

smiley
Big family holiday in 2019 and looking for help with accommodation

Started by cristawebber on Accommodation and Hotels

3 Replies
Last post September 28, 2018, 08:00:15 AM
by joycie
smiley
Your best meal 2019 was....

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post September 29, 2019, 12:44:02 PM
by cleworthallray
xx
Accomodation for 4 2019

Started by tonye1960 on Accommodation and Hotels

3 Replies
Last post October 10, 2018, 08:22:11 PM
by sun seeker
xx
Villas - When should I book for 2019?

Started by MightyAphrodite on Accommodation and Hotels

4 Replies
Last post May 02, 2018, 06:26:15 PM
by MightyAphrodite

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Mmmm, Chillies

Views: 3704
By: Firecat
Cafe Vita