Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Gxr50 years and counting  (Read 7530 times)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Gxr50 years and counting
« on: June 26, 2019, 07:02:47 PM »
I decided that i wasnt going to bore anyone any more but after reaching a momentous 50 years of marriage a final fling is about parkedto br shared.
We flew from East Midlands with Tommy Cook because the return fllights were more conjusive whatever that means.
We parked the car in the long stay and waited for the bus to take us round the car park and deposit us at departures from where we walked to Jurys hotel where we were stopping ghe night.
We didnt sleep and at 3am meandered to the airport for the easiest flight ever. Three hours 50 minutes and through passport control and out to meet our transport. Right onwards and upwards Kalkan here we come
I love the tomato lorries and the tractors squeezing as far as possible to the edge of the road and that first Wow as you come into Kalkan and you know youre home.
Its our Golden Wedding anx theres only one place that i want to be.
I unpacked begrudgingly. I was hot and sticky and the last thing i wanted to do was hang my clothes up.
Ive forgotten my golden wedding sandals. Probably still waiting to be packed on the bedroom floor. Oh dear ! Bri has said that we can look for another pair tomorrow.
So were now back on the terrace drinking Majestik wine.
All is fine and a shoe hunting day id in the offing tomorrow.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=14253.0

Offline NormskiD

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
Re: Gxr50 years and counting
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 02:19:03 PM »
Enjoy Joycie, 50yrs is certainly a wonderful milestone, especially these days!! We are celebrating 45 yrs at Christmas, so it won't be Kalkan, but St Lucia for us. However we will be getting our annual fix for a month in Kalkan in September. Yippee!!

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 03:44:56 PM »
Many congratulations Joycie and Bri!  what a wonderful occasion - we've just celebrated our 20th and will have a teeny tiny celebration of it wen we're out in August.....enjoy your special day...whatever you have on your feet!!!

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 04:01:20 PM »
Today im feeling a little more human.At this present moment im sat on a sunbed on the top terrace watching the boats come home. Theres always a bit of the grand prix on the water boats overtaking and undertaking and its exciting when youre on one but a hands over the eyes job.
This morning we went shoe hunting. Its market day so i thought we’d start there. It didnt seem so busy. The usual banter and three shoe stalls visited but no shoes in gold that I liked. A bag of apple tea and a bag of cherry tea with the usual complimentary turkish delight and we decided to meander down town to the shoe shop in Kalkan. It was so hot and we needed some salad for tonight. I love the turkish greengrocers. Proper salad the biggest radishes youve ever seen and the biggest selection of fresh fruit. Cherries apricots peaches i could go on. Each item was weighed including the giant radish . There were tomatoes lettuce red onion white onion radish a lovely dirty lettuce. No wasted wrapping their vegetables here. We paid our £2 and went on our way.
Down through town past the jewellers where Bri had bought my sapphire bracelet and down to the next two. Infinity on one corner Wish on the other. Bri wanted to buy me something for our anniversary and i decided that it would be earrings. Id already lost one half of a sapphire pair so why not go for a gold pair to lose.
Theyre gorgeous but my expensive. The jeweller knocked £30 off which was very nice of him but we’ll see how often i wear them. We walked out with our tiny black velvet bag and I kissed Bri i was so overwhelmed.
Kleos or Fener. It was decided we saw Al and his pony tail so Kleos it was. Efes and a turkish tea two cheese and mushroom toasties and the most gorgeous plate of chips ever. Just couldnt eat it all but boy did I try.
Meandered to the taxi rank up to Carrefour shopping completed and home for a swim in the pool. Oh it was gorgeous.

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 09:31:24 AM »
Congratulations on achieving 50 years of marriage.....we are some way behind but will be celebrating our 34th anniversary next month. I'm so pleased that you are taking the time to share your adventures and I wish you success in your search for the gold shoes.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 09:58:01 AM »
Thanks Keith i feel like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. Luckily the shoe shop in Kalkan didnt disappoint and I now have my golden shoes xx

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2019, 02:52:27 PM »
The Golden Wedding finally arrived. Surely we can't be that old people who have golden weddings are old and staid aren't they? Bout sums us up.
I opened all our wonderful cards and put them on the table in the kitchen. I was overwhelmed by all the love and felt quite tearful remembering our wedding day of fifty years ago.
We had bought our golden wedding attire with us. I had forgotten my shoes but this was more than made up by the shoe shop in Kalkan.

It was hot and my makeup was stinging my eyes. My hair was soaking wet with sweat and oh dear I felt my age.
We were going to Mandy and Paul's at Kuala first sharing taxi with Jackie and Tim. I hadn't got a clue where we were going and neither had the taxi driver. We ended up at the Castle sand the lovely Daisy rescued us by asking her brother in law to lead us to Mandy.
We arrived. It was a stunning apartment with a stunning view. We had a lovely gin cocktail and before we knew it our taxies were there to speed us to Aqua.
I love Aqua the food is wonderful. We sat down and Yusuf presented us with a bottle of champagne. Lovely Bubbly!
I had the fish and prawns mmm mmm mmm! Sorry forgot about the starters Bri Mandy and me shared a meze. So lovely.
The music had started and fireworks in the road. The atmosphere was fabulous and then the piece de resistance Mandy's cake which had been carried from England for the occasion. It was so lovely I can't start to tell you.

Offline sun seeker

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2019, 12:08:02 PM »
Congratulations on your Golden Wedding🥂🍾💕

Offline Alibobs

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 44
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2019, 01:50:43 PM »
Congratulations! And I'm glad you are posting. We were married in June 30 odd years ago and our son married last week . He left his shoes at home too! Fortunately it was London to Yorkshire so a groomsman came up trumps for him
As you say where does the time go?
Kalkan has to be the best place to celebrate a special occasion, enjoy your special holiday

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2019, 03:10:45 PM »
Oh yesterday my birthday. Well what can I say Kalkan is the most fabulous place to be.
We meandered down to Indigo and were sat on the front row. It was really busy but its such an easy meander fresh orange in Feners first a walk round the harbour up the steps and you’re there. We used to love to sit in the shaded bit but that was destroyed in the winter storm so its all umbrellas and beds now. Very comfortable though. Lunch time called and a crisp white table clothed table was appointed to us and we sat down. I decided on a lovely glass of white and a steak sandwich Bri had tuna salad. They were both lovely. We spent a little more time on the beds and then meandered back along the harbour for a taxi. We got back to the apartment and decided to go straight in the pool. Oh boy it was bliss.
Upstairs for a shower and a change and then out for dinner.
We stopped at Bezigrans and had a gin and tonic each and then went to the street where Black and Gold is and dined opposite. The steak was beautiful but then I say that about all the steaks i have in Kalkan. We watched Burak blow up gold balloons which Mandy later told me she had bought them for Hannahs 18th and shes 31 now and theyre still going strong. The cocktails were anazing and Burak had done me a special one which he said i could name. Then the most amazing chocolate birthday cake arrived with fireworks. Oh it was wonderful what a way to celebrate a birthday.

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2019, 05:35:07 PM »
A 50th wedding anniversary  and birthday in one visit........what better place to celebrate but Kalkan. Looks like you are creating lots of happy memories and we're delighted for you. Still got 9 weeks before we get our next Kalkan fix........really can't come soon enough..

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2019, 04:57:11 PM »
Today was boat trip day. Aqua 1 awaited us and we boarded the boat ready for a great day. The food was exceptional and rounded off with a delicious dessert each from the little shop by the mosque. It was lovely to be with friends and its got to be the first boat trip ever where I didnt fall asleep.
We finished up with a drink at Kleos and met Al and his beautiful wife and son.
Dont think i reported on yesterday. Not much in the day but in the evening we started off with a drink at Botanik. I love the peace and calm there.We laughed when they spotted some concreting that needed doing immediately set about it and then Nam stepped in it. Oh dear a chair was placed over it.
We decided to eat at Sherlock Holmes.  Front tables were reserved so we sat in the second row. The table next to us had a table set for one and that was how we met the lovely Jean.
We had a complimentary Meze starter which was delicious and I had steak and Bri had sword fish. Jean arrived at the next table and we began to talk comfortably through the main course and sweet and then another glass of wine (as you di)
We moved to the bar area and were served complimentary wine.
Jackie and Tim joined us and we sat and chatted. At the end of the evening it was lovely to have made a new friend
Two lovely days have passed.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2019, 01:26:01 PM »
Iv'e been following your adventures on facebook Joycie and it looks like you are having a fantastic time. Many congratulations on your birthday and golden wedding. I can't think of a better way to spend it than right where you are. Enjoy the rest of your holiday.  :-*

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2019, 03:30:07 PM »
Thankyou we’ve been having a wonderful time.
Yesterday was boat trip day and we’d chosen Aqua 1. Fantastic choice really comfortable and food to die for. Should really when the owners own one of the best restaurants Aqua and the best Simon from the Cozy corner. Lovely fresh cooked fish chicken chips salads and dips beautiful. The fruit break was lovely and the sweets and chocolate biscuits wonderful.
It really was a lovely trip
The queue for taxis was horrendous so we meandered to Kleos for a drink Al was just off on his break we wished him well and sat down and drank an Efes. Time to go and who should we bump into but Al his lovely wife and son. No problems with the taxis and we sped back home.
We were going to have a BBQ but couldn’t be bothered so cooked the burgers on the hob with a few fried onions. They were lovely and all we could manage.
Tonight Adem is picking us up cant wait to see him and his lovely family.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2019, 03:32:02 PM »
You can see how oldi am ive done two reports on the boat trip. Oh dear no hope!

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2019, 06:34:47 PM »
Joycie ...congratulations on your 50th ...we are heading towards our 54th & not staid or old,( well yes ok, we are older) we are all a very rare bread these days, unfortunately, to reach this far... very special so enjoy & look forward to your 60th. Have a super time.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2019, 08:52:03 PM »
Thankyou we certainly are enjoying outselves. We went to Adams he picked us up snd made us feel sk specisl from the start.
There were four people already seated regulars British and enjoying the hospitality..
Cheesy mushrooms to start and black and gold steak Bri had liver and onions and we both had ice cream. It was lovely talking to an Australian couple who were loving Kalkan.
We joined Adam for an apple tea and as usual he called us family. He gave us a lemon off the tree and we bought one of his youngest dayghters knitted toys. Family he said as we left and thats what it felt like.
So. Lucky ti know such wonderful peopld.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2019, 02:43:41 PM »
Oh wow what a fabulous time we’ve been having. We moved from the apartment to the Villa on Saturday. Samet as usual was wonderful and carried our cases and the rest  of our accumulated holiday rubbish through the garden and into the Villa. The chef was coming at 2.30 to prepare for thr final jolly of the Anniversary.
There were to be 11 of us. We knew Kazim was wonderful after last year but he is so special and his food is to die for.
We had drinks on the roof first. Mandy made us wonderful gins and they had brought fizz and red and white wines and it was wonderful. Four of them were flying home in the morning to Gatwick.
Chef had prepared dinner for 8pm as requested. It was truly wonderful and the aromas from the kitchen were breathtaking.
The lamb and the chicken were wonderful as were the meze of starters to begin with. He makes his own baklava and it is to die for served wigh ice cream.
Then Sue had sent us a cake oh Wow what s creation. It had candles on it and i blew them out reslising how lucky i was to have such wonderful friends to share my holiday in Kalkan with.
Time to say goodnight and everybody left fully contented.
The others were going home on Monday so we decided to spend our last day together at Zest beach club. It was lovely. Towels provided and the food was lovely. Its got a beautiful sea wster swimming pool and it wasvery  accessible with lovely steps to clambet down.
I glanced at my phone and read that Joanna and co were delayed because of a bomb alert on the plane. How scary is that. They were put up overnight in Gocek and hopefully are now back in Kent safe and sound and the Northern mob should be winging their way home as i speak.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2019, 10:23:41 AM »
So yesterday we did nothing. We swam in the pool and just generally lounged about. After spotting Hussein at Kaya we decided to eat there in the evening. We arrived at anout 7 sat at the bar and had a drink. Kadir showed us his finger which had been severed at the tip and then resewn on in Antalya. It had prohibited his magic tricks but all was well and he was still his own lovely self.
We ate on the roof terrace lovely sea bass and i had cheese cake and ice cream and Bri just had vanilla ice cream It was delicious and we talkef to Hussein who seemed happy there.
As we left the usual hand shakes and kisses were applied and then i was shook to the core by being reminded that not Kadir but the other lovely guy ashamed to say ive forgotten his name WELL his mother was botn in 1948 just like me! How lovely is that NOT!

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2019, 08:38:09 AM »
Good to hear you are continuing to enjoy your time in Kalkan and have lovely food.   Already looking forward to my next visit - not too long now....................

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
New years Eve

Started by jcac on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post January 03, 2013, 05:31:09 PM
by onelove
xx
New Years Eve

Started by pattaya on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post September 28, 2012, 05:13:39 PM
by headroom
xx
New Years Eve

Started by stevelynn on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

5 Replies
Last post November 12, 2010, 06:49:22 AM
by howmad
xx
new years day swim

Started by samson on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post December 19, 2011, 09:09:28 AM
by Blue Lizard

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal