Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: May days in Nkalkan  (Read 12510 times)

Offline Alibobs

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 44
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: May days in Nkalkan
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2019, 05:56:48 AM »
So Thursday we walked up to the bus station via the market - we play market bingo.....'cheap as chips' , we've got your size' , 'genuine fakes', 'no Primark shite'........we'd got a full house within about 30 seconds......we never buy much but like to have a look, I know some people are put off by the sellers but if you have a bit of banter we've never had a problem.
We ended up at the bus station where a dolmus was waiting so off we went to Kas. Had a wander around , managed to find a replacement cable for my ancient I pad which was a bonus. Wandered around the harbour then went up to a beach club we like, Cinarlar....had a coffee there and watched the sea awhile......another walk about and then to a restaurant we like also called Cinarlar......a lovely pide lunch with a freebie of garlic bread pide first! the last couple of days I've eaten more and more bread, keep telling myself I can eat fresh air up until my son's wedding! Came back to Kalkan about 3.30 and chilled by the pool until after 6 - so, so hot today.
Hubby bought a watch from Oscars last year that has worked like a dream until we came back to Kalkan when it's kept behaving oddly - took it in last week and they looked at it - it's been better but still not right.....went back last night and he replaced it for him - we were really impressed with that, thought we might just get offered a discount on another one .
Dinner last night at Belgin's kitchen - another restaurant we've walked past every time ......it's fab up there - the terrace is in a great spot - you can see the terraces of Mey&meze, gourmet, kalamaki, Lal, old trading house, Smyrna rami, gironda .......I had no idea .......lovely food too, very small menu ......great ottoman seating level where we had coffee and I realised how old I'm getting when I tried to stand up! Wine was 75 a bottle
A nightcap at the Mini Bar where we were 'joined' by someone from the hotel.........a bit tedious but hey.......we escaped and had another one in the hotel bar before bed...
Today I will be buying Turkish Delight for work while hubbies in the gym.....every year I say I. won't buy it last minute but do......then a lazy day, haven't made it to the beach club this year, or sakklikent, or quad biking ( hubby's wish list not mine) .....next time!
As we are out with Kaya boys tomorrow we will have our proper 'last supper ' tonight so expect the sunbed convo today will mainly feature where to go!

Sent from my iPad

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2019, 11:50:20 AM »
Once again many thanks for sharing your holiday Alibobs.......very much appreciated.

Offline Alibobs

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2019, 05:15:25 AM »
So it's Sunday and home day ☹️ We are being picked up at 8.35 flight not until 1 something ....the joy of the TC shuttle! We could have got a private transfer later but the TC shuttle is usually ok and usually just the two of us ......famous last words.
Friday night we went to Mussaka , had a good meal but I have forgotten what I had! I'm at that stage when it's all melding into one! It was good, I think we had a more expensive wine but again not sure😳 We have had a couple of pre dinner drinks at Merkez this time, another great people watching and their wine is only 16 for a glass.....hubby says it is a smaller glass than elsewhere but I thought it was the same. Efes 18

We said goodbye to Rami at his kofte place and had a coffee with him.

Yesterday we did the Kaya mountain trip. The first one of the season, it was as good as ever, a lovely bunch of people on board. The area by the pool has been Astro turfed,very posh!  Food as good as ever and the usual volleyball and shooting fun.
We came back via the new Bezirgan road - OMG, not officially open but the driver ignored the signs......no crash barriers in place ......it was an incredible view but I couldn't look.
Got back into Kalkan about 6.30, showered and packed......not hungry but hubby wanted his doner fix so we went to Ata - they'd run out!! We stayed there and I had a moussaka, very good.......no wine for me as I had had plenty already, Efes 20
Back to the hotel...... woken up this morning to no electricity. Looks like I'll be arriving home with Crystal Tipps hair!
I will try and do a summary of highs and lows in the next couple of days.
Kalkan is really buzzing this year - such a feeling of optimism everywhere.
I hope we may be back in September ........watch this space

Sent from my iPad

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2019, 06:33:00 AM »
Thank you for your lovely blog , hope you made it home ok

Offline Alibobs

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2019, 06:50:59 AM »
So I am sitting at home in not so sunny Surrey writing today's post. Porridge will be today's breakfast of choice, the amazing Oasis buffet breakfast just a memory . Have for most of the washing done but the ironing is today's highlight then back to work tomorrow ...
We had a great transfer back, just the two of us again. Driver was very jolly, he stopped for petrol and got us both a magnum ice cream! 9.15 am! Some may say he was after a big tip but we had a great journey.
The downside was we were at the airport an hour before the check in opened! although we had a TC package we had Easyjet flights. The transfers are always so early, I guess they need time to find missing guests etc and allow for any hiccups. We weren't the first though so chatted to pass the time. Usually use the CIP lounge at Dalaman but after my first visit to the new one I said never again. We holed up in a corner and read until the flight was called. Then a straightforward, on time flight. We'd bought a sandwich from the bakers in Kalkan on Saturday night which was our in flight snack

So .....highlights of the holiday were.........
As always - Yildiz boat trip and Kaya boys mountain trip. The walk to Patara is sort of up there but more as a personal challenge 😂
Food was all top notch but I would rate the new Ahi ockabasi, ISO's kitchen, chillies, akin , Olive Garden and Kaya. Used to find Kaya menu a bit too 'fussy' , too much going on but it has been streamlined and the prices competitive. Always a place in my heart for Begonvil  and Cinar too. Pre dinner drinks at the Mini Bar but also had a few at Merkez this time, it remains my favourite place for coffee and you still get Turkish Delight with the the bill .
Lots more dog activity than usual but probably because it was earlier and therefore cooler .
Hopefully we will be back in September with our daughter who has Ben to Turkey but not to Kalkan - watch this space
Thank you for reading , I look forward to reading about other's adventures over the summer
Apologies for the typos and grammar errors - I don't proof read!

Sent from my iPad

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2019, 10:57:59 AM »
Alibobs, care to expand on why you wouldn't use the new CIP Lounge? (For reference only, of course).
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline Alibobs

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2019, 09:58:27 PM »
 Chris , If you look at my ‘kakantalya’ post from last year I detailed it there .........I can’t remember all the negatives but there were many .....the old lounge was grim but at least there was plenty of space and comfy seating and it was quiet

Offline Gelin

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2019, 11:05:26 PM »
Chris S, used the CIP lounge at Dalaman today. I thought it was an improvement on the old lounge. Comfy seating area overlooking the duty free and also an outdoor area for smokers. Food not bad too, plenty of salad items and some hot food as well. Only drawback is you have to pay extra for alcohol.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2019, 12:25:50 PM »
What a joy it's been to read your reports Alibobs and thanks so much for sharing all your adventures. I really admire and actually covet your exercise levels! If it was up to me, I'd lie on a lounger and read and read and read all day long, interspaced with topping up my wine glass! I'm glad really we usually have a hectic social life while we are there otherwise there would be no hope for me!

Hope you manage to make it back in September, I'm sure your daughter will love Kalkan and have a lovely day at your Son's wedding. Hope all goes well and thanks again for a very entertaining read to whet my appetite for our next trip in 18 days. :)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2019, 05:41:11 AM »
Thank you so much for posting Alibobs, have really enjoyed reading your holiday reports.  :D

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2019, 11:23:30 AM »
Thanks about CIP info- shame we can't get the KTLN discount voucher anymore!

Suppose we'll have to make our own opinion…

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2019, 01:10:54 AM »
Alibobs! What a fab holiday report which I have just binge read at stupid o’clock- such an insomniac! Your walking is truly admirable, but I winced at your fall and to be perfectly honest I also winced at your croc/sock combo  :laugh:
Thanks for posting and getting me in the mood for our next trip in  oooh 9 days time  :)
We have not eaten in Atkin but have popped it on our ever growing list for this year. We also love Cinar - it’s so under the radar!
Wishing you and hubby the best day ever as parents of the groom...what a special day! Our youngest gets married in June next year so we will also miss our regular June trip. It will feel strange to be in UK at that time of year.
Hope you get back in September  :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Alibobs

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2019, 11:51:24 AM »
So......we did book a trip back in September. We were very kindly given the use of our friend's  which meant we could swallow the flight prices.....daughter and her bf coming too for their first Kalkan trip . In the meantime for those of you going out over the next few months I wish you safe travels , happy holidays and hopefully I may be able to read some reports  to keep me in touch

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
6 days and we'll be there! :D

Started by LozJay on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post May 07, 2008, 01:22:51 PM
by utah1
xx
33 days to go

Started by Automan on Holiday Reports and Reviews

25 Replies
Last post April 10, 2017, 11:21:16 AM
by kalkan4eva
xx
A few more days

Started by ScotsinKalkan on Holiday Reports and Reviews

8 Replies
Last post August 14, 2010, 03:56:19 PM
by lorilou
xx
Only 7 days to go !!!!!

Started by tessag41 on Holiday Reports and Reviews

12 Replies
Last post August 02, 2013, 08:53:53 PM
by Lizilu20

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Yali beach bar

Views: 1724
By: Lynne T
Antalya 2010