Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Wishing my life away  (Read 17477 times)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Wishing my life away
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2018, 01:31:36 PM »
I think I must just clear up the fact that the mess we were imparted to join was a meze.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2018, 12:49:32 PM »
It’s hot and I’m bothered totally lost the plot. Hey ho here goes. Yesterday Thursday I believe we struggled up to the market. Hadn’t been the last two weeks just couldn’t be bothered. Waved to the butcher as we went by lovely guy and alwsys get our chicken and bbq supplied. Stopped st Nur coffee shop and had two fresh oranges delicious and ready to make the final ascent.
The market seemed quiet. I was expecting it to be busy busy in July but I think people have realised that the Town is just as good value. Didn’t stop us from buying two pairs of shorts two vest tops a dress and t shirt for our great granddaughter and some fake black opium for our granddaughter. I’ve got the real thing and she loves it .
Down into town and an Efes or two at Bezigrans. On to Feners for lunch taxi home and into the pool. We sizzled but it was so lovely. Milk from the little chandlers and taxi back home.
Straight into the pool so so lovely.
When Adem dropped us off last week we asked him to pick us up on Thursday at 7. He didn’t have a pen but sure enough at 7 a taxi arrived Adem having gone off to collect a biggerparty.
We sat on the upper terrace and soaked up the atmosphere and view. Ordered our meal and delicous as usual was eaten and really enjoyed.
Adem took us home. I slept fitfully alwaysdo when I’m on holiday. Tomorrow we go home.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2018, 07:07:24 PM »
This morning I woke with a heavy heart. We go home tonight or early hours of tomorrow to be precise. Never mind one whole day to be enjoyed. I emptied the fridge washed up and went upstairs to pack. Why is it you always take too much and don’t wear half of it. I put aside the clothes I was going to wear home including shoes. Packed the rest including my lovely birthday and anniversary cards. It was so hot not complaining just saying.
We decided to meander down to town. Needed to change some money so the walk to Garanti  Bank to get the sterling out was hard work. We said hello to Kadir at Kaya he offered us tea or coffee but we didn’t have time so we thanked him and we’re said that we hadn’t had time to go to Kaya this year.
Money in wallet down to the jewellers to get lira. 6.30 to the pound.
Lovely Sandra and Keith had given me some money for my birthday so we went to Just Silver and I chose a ring I really liked. It needed to be made bigger I expkained that we were going home. No probs one hour and it will be ready. No money had changed hands everybody is so trusting. We sat in Yali Bar next door and drank Efes. There was only us in there. The hour went pretty quickly and sure enough the ring was done and it’s lovely.
Taxi to Aqua for lunch. Yusuf was in Fetiyhe but the other guys served us arranged for a taxi and  I said we’d be back for our 50th wedding anniversary next yea
Back to Carrefour some tuna for the cat and two more pairs of the cheap comfortable plastic shoes. Home and everything stowed in the cases somehow.
Showered and changed all the tonic drunk a spare Efes devoured I was so thirsty.
Bri as you know is diabetic so needed something to eat after doing his tea time injection. We meandered down go Botanik to say goodbye to the lovely girls and boys there. We shared an
Efes bade our farewells and decided to go to Feners. We headed for a table at the top but it was reserved but they insisted that we took it because we were going home. Brian chose pancake and ice cream and a Turkish tea. I chose the mixed waffle and a glass of white wine.My eyes were bigger than my belly. Couldn’t eat it all but I had a good go at it. I wanted to take a picture of the new pontoon. The kids were having a whale of a time and the
Sea looked really inviting. We carried on to the taxi rank. Al was at Kleos and we explained that we were going home and couldn’t stop. Could have done with a tape recording. Whisked up the hill I’ve never seen so many cars parked at every angle you could imagine.
We’re now sat outside the villa waiting for our transfer.
A long night awAits.

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2018, 12:25:21 PM »
You take more clothes than you need because it's just in case (pun intended).
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
Re: Wishing my life awayh
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2018, 12:41:52 PM »
I’m tired but after getting the red eye from Birmingham yesterday we arrived home at 5.15 this morning.
First time through the new terminal. Lucky enough to have premium check in. No hand luggage weighed so was kicking myself that I hadn’t got the Turkish delight that I love. Our big cases about 20 each and we had 25 so again so much wasted shopping space. Only had one priority sticker to enable them to come off the plane first so it went n to Brian’s. Mine went with the rest.
Supposed to have priority boarding but that didn’t happen in Birmingham so was never going
to happen in Dalaman. Off we went to security. Having as usual been through the process of the first stage security you would have thought that HRH would have remembered that it wasn’t worth putting his belt back on. He didn’t! Only two security machines working and with Thomas Cook flights going all over the world well Manchester Birmingham and Newcastle it was chaos. Poor girl looking at the scanner was going bozz eyed. We got through. It was here that I lost my hat. Never mind just means that I can go hat shopping.Nothing required from duty free but the ladies was required so I parked Brian and the bags in Subway and went in search of a loo.Considering that it’s a new terminal they were awful. Somebody has already pointed out about the hole in the ground ones but I walked down the line and found a proper one. Well it was to me.The toilet floor was awash with water and not all the hand driers were working. I slipped and slithered back to Brian.
We shared a coke and made our way to the terminal to fly home. Looked hopeful lady at the door says yes Birmingham so we went through and sat down. Notice some people being frisked and all their baggage checked. It was random the way people were chosen but a queue again was building and they’d started to board the lane. Again supposed to be priority boarding so that your hand luggage is on top of you but it didn’t happen in Brum so there was no way it was going to happen at Dalaman.Joined the melee to board our seats were 2a and 2b. Bri had to walk half way up the plane to find some locker space then fight the oncoming passengers to get back to his space. Meal time and James Martin meals didn’t appear. We weren’t down.Bit of an argument with the cabin crew. It wasn’t their fault but they didn’t seem to care.
We did get our James Martins but nothing to write home about. The cabin crew were older and normally people of a certain age make better crew. Not tonight.
Truth be told I was slightly irritated and tired and fed up because it was my special birthday I’d been treated to premium economy. It was rubbish won’t be tricked again.
Flight smooth made good time and we landed ahead of time.
Kay picked us up and off we went.
I have loved my birthday in Kalkan very very special.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2018, 01:00:04 PM »
Sorry to sound like an old misery just tired and sad that I’m at home doing my washing instead of sipping wine by the pool. Thankyou to everybody who made our stay in Kalkan so special. Mor Daisy Phil Joy Mandy Paul and Hannah. Couldn’t have had such a special time without you. Burak Yusuf Smile boat Chef Kazim the turtles in Meiss Buster the Cat and anybody else who knows me. Love you all even Thomas Cook.xx

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2018, 01:55:03 PM »
Oh Joycie, it’s always sad when you come home.....but there’s always next time to look forward to!  :)
Thanks for taking the time to share your lovely holiday with us all x

Offline macrefield mom

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2018, 11:22:42 PM »
Fabulous reports Joyce, I know how difficult it can be to get good WiFi access and then take the time to type away on a little screen trying to convey how fabulous everything is for those of us who hang on to every word!

Well done you, hang on to those wonderful memories, many congratulations too, we go back out in early October. Having this wonderful summer in the UK it is something to look forward to before the dark nights set in.

Hope you have settled back to life here and that you are planning already your next Kalkan trip!

I will miss your lovely reports....🙁🙁

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2018, 12:51:45 PM »
Oh Joycie you've every right to feel fed up and disappointed with your treatment from TC. I'm presuming you paid quite a bit extra for the pleasure of premium economy, then got dealt a low blow from them. I'd be emailing in true Joycie style and laying it on thick. You never know you might get a bit of recompense to put towards and help you to enjoy your Golden Wedding anniversary celebrations in Kalkan next year.

Thank you for your lovely reports. Always entertaining and a treat to look forward to. Happy planning for 2019. :-*

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2018, 07:06:32 PM »
Love your reports, joycie, thanks for taking the time to post - they always make my day!
Looking forward to hearing all about your next trip  :-*
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2018, 07:57:14 AM »
Thanks  for sharing your holiday Joycie. Your posts never fail to bring a smile to my face. We are not able to get to Kalkan this year but at least we can read about other people's experiences, close our eyes and imagine that we are sat on the roof terrace sipping a nice cool Efes whilst soaking up the view across the bay.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2018, 12:47:59 PM »
Thanks Keith it's amazing how quickly reality strikes once you get home.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2019, 09:43:56 AM »
So I've paid for my holidays booked our flights last year and am now impatiently awaiting June.
It's our Golden Wedding this year (yes I know I don't look old enough) but I certainly feel it and I don't know where the time has gone.
Were celebrating at Aqua as we did my 70th last year. The food is wonderful there and Yusuf and co are wonderful hosts with a bit of dancing in the street last year (dodging the taxis and the dogs of course). We've also booked a trip on Aqua 1 a night at Black and Gold  Chef Kazim for a lovely meal at the villa and no doubt other wonderful events will pop up as we go.
At home were having a celebration in the garden with wonderful family and friends so a lot of measuring for a gazebo and it's amazing how much you can make out ofpallettes.
Do if you're in Kalkan at the end of June it would be lovely to say
Hallo!

Offline NormskiD

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2019, 01:40:07 PM »
Enjoy celebrating your Golden wedding anniversary Joycie, a great milestone these days. We always celebrate our birthdays in Kalkan in September. Can't think of anywhere better.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2019, 08:52:35 AM »
We are there from 8th to 23rd June. Will you be there then Joycie?

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2019, 09:29:43 AM »
What a shame we fly in on the Wednesday for three weeks would have loved to have met up XX

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2019, 11:35:11 AM »
Oh what a shame, never mind, there's always next year. Hope you have a fabulous Golden wedding celebration.  :-* x

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Wishing my life away!

Started by joycie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

21 Replies
Last post September 01, 2017, 01:36:08 PM
by joycie
xx
Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life,

Started by Prajabhavah on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post December 17, 2023, 11:09:08 AM
by Prajabhavah
question
kalkan life

Started by tinks on General Discussion

11 Replies
Last post October 13, 2008, 12:38:31 PM
by kevincat99
xx
Marine life questions

Started by claire on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post June 13, 2009, 02:18:23 PM
by claire

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

early morning 1

Views: 3236
By: andy4116
Alice