Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: By way of introduction  (Read 3511 times)

Offline dearsley

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
    • Love Kalkan
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
By way of introduction
« on: May 29, 2018, 10:47:11 AM »
Hello everybody. Let me start by being frank. I've joined this forum for some advice. I actually live in a tiny Turkish village near Tire, Izmir. My wife and I have lived there full time for three years, having previously had a holiday home in Şile near Istanbul. I have been coming to Turkey more or less every year since 1971. I do a bit of English teaching in Tire and the father of one of my pupils is actually from Kalkan. He has two wonderful holiday villas to rent....and, yes you are probably ahead of me already, he has asked me to help him market them. So, I;m seeking your advice. I'm not an estate agent, I'm a former journalist and media trainer who is now enjoying semi-retirement. Some forums do not allow members to advertise commercially...so before I'm thrown out I won't say where these villas are, except that they are wonderful and have spectacular views over the town. So, if I'm allowed to say more please let me know....and please give me your thoughts on holiday lets in Kalkan. How's the market? Are there too many villas for rent? Too few? Are there fewer Brits than usual? From my perspective, when I go to Istanbul or holiday hot spots I now see a lot of Chinese, Japanese, Malaysian and Indonesian people...so it looks as if Turkey is looking East now, not West. I'm hoping to come to Kalkan soon. I was there many years years ago and actually sent my daughter and her husband to Kalkan last year. Any thoughts and comments will be gratefully received. Many thanks.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13964.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: By way of introduction
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 12:17:29 PM »
There is nothing to stop you putting a link to the website of your properties at the foot of your posts .....several people do,look through some posts and you will see what I mean,
As for villas /apts? there are loads in Kalkan (many unsold still) With new laws on rentals(taxes) some owners wont be renting which might make a dent in available properties but I don't think it will make that much difference as costs will just get added onto rental costs
Kalkan mainly British tourists with a fair sized expat community although recently a big upsurge in Turkish tourists
I'm sure you will love it ! ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline dearsley

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
    • Love Kalkan
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 02:17:32 PM »
Blue Lizard...many thanks for your advice. The villas can be viewed here
www.lovekalkan.blogspot.com.tr

www.lovekalkan.blogspot.com.tr

Offline Gelin

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 03:55:38 PM »
Have a look at the Friends of Kalkan website. Lots of villas for rent on there.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

grin
Hello and introduction....

Started by Amndwr on Introduce Yourself

1 Replies
Last post July 19, 2010, 08:50:03 PM
by Chucky
xx
Introduction

Started by rabicamail on Introduce Yourself

1 Replies
Last post April 22, 2010, 07:25:14 AM
by elainecris
xx
New Member-Introduction

Started by MouMou on Introduce Yourself

1 Replies
Last post June 13, 2009, 04:07:20 PM
by Chucky
xx
New member introduction

Started by Tathersmtb23 on Introduce Yourself

7 Replies
Last post February 03, 2014, 08:36:07 PM
by Pompeyalbie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

canal walk

Views: 2390
By: headroom
Mosque