Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Shirl & Bob - We've Finally Gone and Done It!  (Read 17459 times)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Shirl & Bob - We've Finally Gone and Done It!
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2018, 11:02:33 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2018, 06:51:35 AM »
Where have the past 10 days gone!! We are still here, and our feet haven't touched the ground, so apologies for my lack of posts! My daughter Katie has been here, and sadly went home early hours of this morning, and this morning I am feeling tearful, as I feel like there is a big hole! but oh what fun we had!  :D :D :D

I won't bore you with all the nitty gritty details, but will fill you in as best I can remember!

We've eaten quite a few lunches in the wonderful Fener, I know everyone must have been there, but the food is fabulous, and so reasonably priced, as is the wine and beer.  Other restaurants we've been to the past week was Fotos, the pizzas seem to get bigger every time we go, they are amazing! Revisited Belgin's Kitchen, made the mistake of a large glass of complimentary Raki! wow seem to have got a liking to that now!, Seaport, The Regency, Adem's, Kaya and Marleys, all which have been fabulous!

On Friday we went to Kaya for their Motown evening. It was a really fun night, 3 course meal including the most delicious selection of freshly prepared mezze to start and all for 65TL her person.

As you will have read, I celebrated my birthday last week, and we had the most wonderful day on Yildiz 3 and it was so lovely that K4E and Daz could share our day with us too,  :D I couldn't have asked for a more special day! All I can say is that it was "magical", the absolute perfect day, other than my partner in crime missing  :(

Another car hire was on the agenda, I have forgotten dates and days, but we went to Kas and Patara Beach again that day, the sea was so warm, and not too rough!  I seem to remember getting lots of steps in that day!

A boat trip to Kekova on Tuesday, it was absolutely beautiful, we only saw one turtle though, but nevertheless, another magical day. I love that place. We were very saddened by the recent events of the poor souls that has lost their lives though.  :(

We've taken a real liking to Indigo Beach Club this year, whilst Katie has been here, we had decided to do something different each day, but we found ourselves going there 3 times in 10 days! I have to say we will probably go again this week too, it is fab! 15 TL for sunbeds, and yesterday, we were there at 8.30am for the duration! and also at 5pm they bring hot freshly baked cake round with Chai! Wonderful. Yesterday whilst we were there 7 swimmers came in from the Kalamar area, presumably in training for the Mouse Island swim, the sea was quite choppy, so imagine it was quite hard swimming in the sea yesterday.

A day at the Regency too, that was another fabulous day, and drinking cocktails sat in the pool was amazing!

A visit to the dentist for Katie too! she decided to have her teeth whitened! apparently Zoom Whitening it's called, and off to see Cenk we went.  Well.... what an amazing job he did, they look fab! She couldn't decide whether it was going to be a bag purchase or her teeth! but the teeth won, and she is one happy bunny!

The new restaurant where Trio was (they've moved down one) is called
Deli Yengeç - Crazy Crab. It's coming along great and should be opening soon.

Last night we met K4E and Daz in Kaya for drinks. Kadir showed us his magic tricks, Katie was amazed as hadn't seen him before. How does he do it. Especially when my ring vanished ending up in his back pocket attached to his key ring!! Amazing! We then all went next door to Marleys, well what can I say!! we had a fab meal, the Burgers are fantastic! the boys had the Bad Boy Burgers, Wow! they were amazing! If you haven't been, I would really recommend it! We also facetimed Lizilu and Automan!  :D :D :D

The taxi prices have increased, as you may probably know, flat rate for shortest distance is 15TL, but still very cheap and well worth it. The lira is around 6.1 in town.

Would like to say thank you to Tortoise Lady, who came round with the most beautiful olives and amazing olive oil.  Thank you so much.  :D

Well, I think that has updated my blog! We have been here almost 6 most weeks now, and have loved it.  We go to Fethiye on Sunday for 4 days before going home to the UK, but we will be back very soon.

Sx
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 10:10:11 AM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2018, 02:58:20 PM »
That 6 weeks seems to have flown Jayne! We would have loved to have joined you all properly last night but face time was the next best thing. I still need my roots doing!

Have fun in Fethiye and it's about time you came home so that we can come back  ;) ;D

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2018, 05:08:00 PM »
Shirl......I didn't realise you were leaving on Sunday! We need to arrange a rendezvous for a drink......or when are you planning to go to Indigo......it's our favourite beach club!
You really have had the most amazing time......and lucky you coming back to do it all again later in the year!  :laugh:

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2018, 10:21:22 PM »
Such a lovely report Jayne, I hope you're not missing Katie too much!
We are so envious of your lifestyle change...it might still seem like you're on an extended holiday, but you never have to face a Monday in work again! How brilliant is that?
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2018, 10:38:59 AM »
It's the final countdown! I feel a song coming on there!

It's been a busy week. Monday was a sad day as Katie was leaving, but she'll be back, we had such a fabulous time.

I can't remember days or dates but the past few days have been spent at kalkan beach park, indigo and the town beach all of which have been lovely.

The road has been dug up due to a water leak, seemed like utter chaos, but very quickly it was all restored and back to full working order.

Had the most amazing pedicure and eyebrow threading at jasmine's. Bag shopping at BSG and I love the new Gratis shop, a fab addition for Kalkan.

There have been lots of gullets coming and going this week. We have spent most lunchtimes at fener just watching them come and go. Best place for us this year. We love it. Not sure my waistline does though!

Last night we met up with the lovely Babs and her husband Gary and K4E and Daz for drinks at Botanic and then we ate at Lal with K4E and Daz as Babs and Gary were meeting friends for dinner. The steaks were amazing and Bob had the priest fainted and he said it was fab too as was the company and what fun we all had.  :D After we all went for a nightcap at Moonlight, I opted for the Raki, but thinking a big mistake today though! The added bonus was meeting Blue Lizzard and his other half who joined us. So lovely to meet  them too. At 2am we finally arrived home, we'd had such a brilliant evening.

Today is a rest day chilling round the pool as tomorrow we are leaving to stay in Fethiye for a few days before we go home! The only taxing thing is where do we eat tonight?

Kalkan we've had a wonderful time, met some lovely people both old and new, we've had a ball! and we are now looking forward to coming back very soon. Our lifestyle change has got off to a fabulous start!  :D

Sx

« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 10:48:21 AM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2018, 11:21:20 AM »
Fab almost like an EK impromptu meet up! Wish we could have been there too. I can’t believe it’s your last night in Kalkan. How quicky has that gone!  :o
Enjoy fethiye and a safe journey home. Thank you so much for your lovely reports, it takes time and effort to write as I know and it’s very much appreciated.  :-*

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2018, 12:17:59 PM »
So sorry to hear that your time is up, but that means my time is still to come..... only 8 days.....then Cinderella and the Ugly sisters will hit town.....but which is which? 

Oh - and a friend that I'm bringing in September has said she would rather not get taxi's..she'd rather walk....oh how i laughed......

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2018, 04:33:39 PM »
Oh Shirl how lovely it was to meet you and Bob too. Gary said it was like online dating!  :laugh:
You’ve had a fabulous start to your lifestyle change and it won’t be long till you’re back again! X

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Finally joined

Started by Mick the Loiner on Introduce Yourself

5 Replies
Last post April 15, 2010, 06:55:33 AM
by kim21
xx
Can it finally be true?

Started by Babs on Holiday Reports and Reviews

4 Replies
Last post October 04, 2013, 11:42:25 PM
by itstime
xx
Finally - it's arrived........

Started by happy days on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post April 18, 2016, 10:18:33 AM
by Chris_S
xx
Shirley's back for 2015 Finally!!!!

Started by Bob & Jayne on Holiday Reports and Reviews

70 Replies
Last post April 13, 2015, 07:55:19 PM
by Bob & Jayne

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal