Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Albie's Here  (Read 8296 times)

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Albie's Here
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2018, 05:12:30 AM »
5.71 in the shops I don’t know about the banks , everything seems very reasonable

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2018, 10:33:54 AM »
Loving the reports, pompeyalbie...we've been on a few boat trips that turn left out of the harbour and stay left all day - makes a nice change although I do miss the mud bath.
Jojo144, bring your sterling its a much better rate in Turkey than in UK and those in the know say its likely to rise even higher as the election approaches.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2018, 02:31:26 PM »
A weird day today, Janet slept in having stayed up to watch the Fulham v Derby game, she's normally in bed way before then. Then we had a power cut so trauma set in as the hair drier works via electricity, good job she noticed before washing her hair. On a Tuesday we normally go to Fethiye market but having driven a lot this week decided to give it a miss, so decided we'd go up to Islamlar to the Village Cafe for a trout lunch, the prices are still stupidly cheap,13TL  for the fish, our bill came to 75TL, including drinks. So peaceful, just birds, goats, chickens and an old lady beating the hell out of her carpets and plenty of fresh mountain air. Coming back I decided we'd complete the circle by going via Bezirgan. Half way up a remote mountain road we get waved down by a father & son plus his father, he asked if we could give his father, who spoke no English, a lift. No problem we had room thinking he was going to Bezirgan as the came in the conversation, we get to a junction at the bottom of the mountain & I turned to ask him which way was best, he waves left so off I go. 15k later I'm thinking we are going in the wrong direction & no sign of any town. I stop & he says Elmali, I tried to explain we were going to Kalkan, luckily there was a man who looked like he was fly tipping so we stopped & he hitched a ride with him, a U turn later we were back on the road to Kalkan. Lots of new road building going on over the back of the mountain.
Got back to town on diesel fumes as we were getting low and popped into the glass shop then Cafe Leon for a refreshing drink. Now it's time for a swim in the pool & chill before being picked up by Adam for an evening meal out at his place. We are at his brothers last night, a real Turkish menu where as those at the top seem to be dropping Turkish dishes for what the Europeans prefer.

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2018, 02:44:20 PM »
we went to Elmali once in a jeep...the boys were following the 'only go forwards, never go back' principle.  3 hours later and cooked to a crisp we turned up in a place that was not ready for a crazy blond woman dressed for the beach - we had been going to Kaputas when we left the house!!  Needless to say we hot-footed it out of there and made our way back to Kalkan stopping at a fab roadside cafe for an unexpected Lamb meal. 

Did our tans the world of good that journey!

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2018, 03:33:02 PM »
Albie loving your reports, sounds like you and Janet are having a fab time.  I will get round to an update on mine tomorrow I promise!  :D :D hope we manage to bump into you bothin town one evening!

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2018, 09:44:02 PM »
Last full day tomorrow as we fly out Thursday lunchtime, during the day I'm easy to spot, I mean what other senior citizen would wander around with a bear poking out of his shorts pocket?
Last night tradition is to eat at Alternatif so that's where we'll be, minus the bear of course. Had yet another lovely lamb shank out at Adam's tonight, please folks go out and eat there, being out of town he doesn't get the customers those in town do so it is hard work keeping things going, he'll even come & get you and bring you back. I normally bring him flower seeds but for a change I brought vegetables so come October time you could be eating sprouts out there ;D

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2018, 10:24:44 PM »
Mmmmm.....sprouts! All the more reason to go then! Enjoy your last day....is Janet going shopping??

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2018, 06:39:50 AM »
Babs, does the sun shine? Janet has curbed her buying this trip, no dress to buy this year and not been hinting at any jewellery for our anniversary, although Tumay is designing  & making her a replacement identity bracelet to replace her 40th birthday one.

Offline Jojo144

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2018, 06:03:31 PM »
Albie that week has gone v quickly, do you have a contact number for Adam please.
Enjoyed reading your posts safe journey back

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2018, 06:05:58 PM »
Wow how quick has that week gone...? that's scary!
Do you really walk around with a bear poking out of your pocket - I suppose it beats a red carnation.
Enjoy your last day, look forward to hearing all about it!

Offline Jojo144

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2018, 06:13:34 PM »
Don’t worry about telephone number for Adams - found it on Trip Advisor along with brilliant reviews

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2018, 08:27:03 PM »
Yes Kalkan4Eva, Pompeybear goes on every holiday with us& has his photo taken to prove he's been there, top of Empire State or top of Xanthos theatre he's been there.
Well another trip over, our last full day today. Started by having breakfast at Fener on the harbour, Janet went easy with cornflakes & fruit, I went native and had a Turkish breakfast, well there was enough for 2!!! 3 cheeses, scrambled egg on toast, olives, tomato, rocket & green pepper plus toast & jam& honey, not to mention Turkish tea.
After devouring most it, we decided to Patara for a bit of culture. While Janet stayed in the car reading her book, me & Pompey Bear went exploring, we've been here a few times and as it has been excavated a lot you get a good idea how it was back in the day. I love sitting at the top of the theatre and hearing the acoustics, a young family were trying out the echoes which was fun, a little 4 year old climbing up the rows of seats like a mountain goat and looking safe as he did it.
Back into down and down to Merkez for a dose of holiday medicine & a melon juice plus to order a couple of sandwiches to pick up in the morning to take to the airport. A good move by them as Dalaman Airport is rip off central for those hungry & thirsty passengers. Making our way back to Elmas the thermometer in the car read 33c which is about 91F, no wonder we were melting. Straight in the pool to cool down while Janet had a snooze under the awning. A strange feeling laying on the sunbed listening to yourself broadcasting a show on the internet station Swinging Radio 60s via my IPad.
Our last meal was where we always go on our last night Alternatif, Mustafa always makes us so welcome. But before we went to dinner it was a trip down to Ozay to pick up Janet's specially made identity bracelet designed & handmade by Tumay in their workshop in Fethiye.
Up & away early tomorrow to pick up our sandwiches then on to Calis Beach to meet Sam & Lee for breakfast before the last leg to Dalaman.
Hope you've enjoyed my blog and have a great time if & when you come out to Kalkan.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2018, 08:40:56 PM »
Phew, glad to her Janet squeezed a bit of shopping in!  :laugh:
Thanks for sharing your holiday with us Albie

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2018, 09:09:20 PM »
Thank you for lovely holiday report . Safe journey xx

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2018, 06:43:13 AM »
Pompeyalbie so glad that you had a fab holiday, and thank you for sharing your week with us, you certainly packed a lot in. Sorry our paths didn't cross, but maybe next time! Have a safe journey home  :D :D

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2018, 08:06:32 AM »
Wow that went so fast Albie. Thanks for your reports I really enjoyed reading them. I think I may have seen you and Janet last night as we were sat in the moonlight bar about 7.45ish. Did you have a little trip up the top step up the hill opposite moonlight? I'm always doing that!

Safe journey home.  :)

Offline Now retired

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2018, 08:14:11 AM »
Hi Pompeyalbie.
Great reports. Just answering your btinternet problem. yes I have had trouble for 2years with receiving emails in Turkey and also receiving them from Turkey whilst back in UK. Changed to Gmail.com and had no further problems. You can divert your btinternet account to appear on your gmail account.

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2018, 09:58:13 PM »
Used webmail in the end from BT.Com in the end to read mails. Lizilu, 7:45 we were up in Alternatif devouring our dinners, although I did stumble on the manhole in front of Midnight one day this week. We did come up that road last night but don't recall stumbling, I had a white shirt on with a grey jumper draped over my shoulders.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2018, 07:37:52 AM »
Yes, you fit that description Albie, I must have got my timings wrong. We were at moonlight from around 7-8pm so could have been anytime really.  :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Wow

Views: 3192
By: misty
Teardrops