Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: E Visa  (Read 10450 times)

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
E Visa
« on: March 29, 2018, 01:42:05 PM »
Hi folks, has anyone tried getting a visa on line lately? I've tried twice in the last 2 days to sort out our visa for May and on neither time have I received the email in step 2. I am using same official site that I always use.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13928.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: E Visa
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 03:06:29 PM »
On KTLN if you sign in ........in the comments section if you scroll back through a few people have made comment about problems on E Visa site.
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline annav

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zinnia
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 08:14:25 PM »
Hiya, I got ours successfully on monday for travelling tomorrow-just used the normal evisa webpage. Maybe they are updating the website?

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 08:41:19 PM »
Got it sorted, eventually, took a while but found a way in the end without receiving the email, seems there might be a problem with them sending to Btinternet email addresses. Still done now and printed off .

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 10:27:48 PM »
Exactly the same problem as last year so I don't think it will be fixed anytime soon ::)

Offline whiteonyx

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 09:14:09 AM »
I bought my e-visa 3 weeks ago well in advance of my departure and when i got to the counter at Dalaman, they said i didn't have a visa, so i had to pay £20 there and then or no entry! stupid me forgot to print a copy of confirmation off so fun and games when i return back to the UK, doubt i will get a refund so in essence paid twice for my visa!

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 01:38:03 PM »
We going in 6 weeks time 😊 when do I need to apply for the visa and what web site do I go on? I have done it a few years ago.
Lynne 😎

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 03:10:18 PM »
You can apply now ... Just put the start date you  want . If you go on to KTLN on the homepage you will find a link to the visa site . This is a genuine visa link and one that I use ;)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 12:31:18 PM »
I read yesterday about a couple who weren't allowed to board their flight to Dalaman from their UK airport as they didn't have a hard-copy visa. It was an easyJet flight and it was only this week. I think there may be more to the story than meets the eye as theoretically you can board a flight without a visa and purchase one on landing. They had copies on their phones but this wasn't acceptable to the boarding crew. We always take a hard-copy anyway but I've never been asked in Dalaman let alone in the UK.
https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/easyjet-kick-couple-off-visas-denied-boarding-stansted-airport-turkey-london-a8284951.html
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2018, 05:41:57 PM »
Also be careful if you renew your passport during the validity of the visa as it doesn't transfer over. Found this out last year when it happened to OH and he had to buy a new one at Dalaman

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2018, 08:21:31 PM »
The visa will have the number of the old passport which will be different to the new passport ;)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2018, 06:13:22 AM »
People still having problems with visa site.....you can bypass confirmation part which seems to be the sticking point for some by logging out of visa site and going back in again .....Go to "Ongoing Applications" at the bottom of visa page..log in with mail address where prompted and you can copy visa straight away ;)

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2018, 02:00:17 PM »
Nobody has mentioned it, but the browser you may be using can also cause these problems.

Edge is notorious for web page issues, and Chrome and Internet Explorer can throw up issues too.

Just try different browser, though the email being blocked is another problem.
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2018, 12:53:53 PM »
It seems there's just an issue with BT Mail - been going on for a few years. I got mine through my work email address one year and following BL's advice last year. When you speak to BT they deny there's a problem, when you contact the E-visa people - they tell you its BT as its the only one they have problems with in UK.
We have Turkish owners for the property we rent and their emails go straight to Spam, every single time!

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2018, 11:48:47 AM »
K4E (and others), Check whether you're using BT Yahoo Mail (the older legacy system - not the one they use now) or BT Mail.

Yahoo! is particularly awkward about managing mail, I gave up on it years ago!

Try referring to:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53113/~/using-bt-mails-anti-spam-features

and

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/c/7339/a_id/44365/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNTIzNzAyMjMyL2dlbi8xNTIzNzAyMjMyL3NpZC9mVVAzclBFcTBWT1FNc1BlN0kxakpHamI4WGFPa1Uzd2ZvJTdFYTkwcGI2QVhwZk1YQ2lqVkswVFpCN0NqTWlKcnROUThtNllfcGhPdnlpd29iSktIUUJFUzdlM21Jc1RoUUMwTE1GSkRFTGV4S19IWGlNNVRSbTJnZyUyMSUyMQ%3D%3D

and see if it helps.

The best advice is have multiple emails.  Live Mail and GMail are both highly regarded and manageable.  The current thinking is have (at least) two emails (three or more is better) - One for personal (friends and family, never tell a company about it), One for retail stuff (Tesco, Amazon, etc., etc.), and a third for your personal business (if you rent out a property, for example).

This keeps thing tidy, and you can manage them all in one place with GMail, or Outlook (web or as a part of Office).

I also have a BT Mail account, which BT communicate with me through.  This is kept active by an automated sending of a message to myself once a week (it expires if you don't use it).  It's not used for anything else.

On most of them you can whitelist specific addresses, some email systems are notoriously difficult to get this to work properly, especially if the sender changes their email address.

Hope this helps.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2018, 11:47:07 AM »
thanks for the advice, Chris_S, much appreciated. We are on the new BT Mail rather than BT Yahoo - conversely didnt have a problem with e-visas until we updated to their new platform. Hey ho! Its no problem, we can work around it...! The other issue we seem to have with BT and Turkey is confirmation of  booking the CIP Lounge at Dalaman - the confirmaion email just disappears into the ether. We've given up on it now and just book on the day with the KTLN discount- works out the same.
Not sure about this year with the new terminal - the price may have gone through the roof ::)

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2018, 03:53:31 PM »
I’ve just done my e-visas , thanks for all the advice, and then it was easy
 ;D Lynne

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2019, 04:41:13 PM »
I have just bought my E-visas using the link on this site, it was really easy no problems at all. We have 32 days to go now 😎

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2019, 07:17:59 AM »
It cost £32.48 , very good exchange rate 😁

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2019, 12:11:42 PM »
Visa from the official site is $20 USD...so less than £20 sterling....so I think you have been ripped.... :(
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Da** this 90/180 visa.

Started by Cuddles on Flights and Travel

11 Replies
Last post June 26, 2014, 05:13:18 PM
by Christina
xx
Visa or no visa

Started by billmccan on General Discussion

10 Replies
Last post June 10, 2011, 07:43:55 AM
by itstime
xx
180 day visa

Started by baclava on Flights and Travel

7 Replies
Last post December 07, 2011, 02:37:50 PM
by amber
xx
90/180 visa

Started by baclava on Flights and Travel

28 Replies
Last post October 01, 2012, 08:06:18 PM
by Em1

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

By the Pool.JPG

Views: 2638
By: Lindy
Gulet