Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Boat Trips In Kalkan  (Read 11760 times)

Offline mjweedon

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Boat Trips In Kalkan
« on: April 16, 2008, 10:25:33 AM »
Hi there,
I am visiting Kalkan for the first time in June and really wanted to book a boat trip for just my Wife and I. I read that they also do moonlight cruises/boat trips and would love to do this for just the two of us also. Does anybody know if it is possible to book these gulets/boats for just two people or has anybody done this themselves maybe? If not, does anybody have a really good recommendation as to a boat company that are really good to use from Kalkan harbour? I just want a really relaxing, quiet and friendly boat trip with no rowdy crowds or obligatory getting to know others trip!! (Sorry - I don''t mean to sound like a misery but really want to get away from it all on this holiday)!..
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1384.0

Offline Johnjen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
Re: Boat Trips In Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 02:09:11 PM »
Hi Mike
If it''s peace & quiet your after you couldn''t have picked a better place.Kalkan is never really crowded & the abscence of blaring music is very welcome.Lots of restaurants where you can just dine without being bothered by others,if that is what you want.You can hire a boat to yourselves for the day but it would be expensive (circa 80 - 100 GBP).If you went on one of the boats from the harbour (12-15GBPinc lunch)they only take about 20 maximum with plenty of space & a sunbed each.Sometimes they go with only 10 or 12 on board.My advice would be to turn up at the harbour about 9.30 am & have a look how full the boats are.(or just ask how many they have booked on)There is no neccessity to book,just come along & walk on.

Offline Hoca

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 03:47:12 PM »
Hi yes you can book a boat for the day/ night for 2 and come back when you wish at your leisure don''t want to name any particular boats but if you are interested please contact me.

Offline Kulenin Evi

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 06:32:44 PM »
Hi Mike

Yes the boat trips are great, very relaxing.  As has been mentioned you can rent a boat for the day yourself but it is expensive.  We recommend 2 people, Ali Egriboyun and Abdi Altili, both provide excellent lunches.  Ali''s boat, the Anil, will take about 14 max and you can contact him on jacksonvictoria@hotmail.com  Abdi''s boat, the Pina X, takes 10 max and you can contact him on  0532 677 3942, both of them speak excellent English.  As Abdi''s boat is a bit smaller his day rental is a bit cheaper, but you will end up paying between £80 - £120 for the day if there are just the 2 of you.  Both Ali and Abdi do moonlight cruises as well with dinner.  The best boats get booked quite early and we recommend booking before you arrive in the high season, though if you sort out the trip as soon as you arrive you may be OK in June.  You can go down to the harbour as has been suggested and take your chance, you probably won''t be disappointed.

Offline clarborough

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 09:51:44 PM »
Yes I would also recommend Ali and his boat the Anil. We celebated our sons 18th on the boat last year and Ali was the perfect host and the food was incredible. Victoria arranged everything through the email address already mentioned. Enjoy!!!

Offline duckling

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 02:52:11 PM »
This may be a really silly question - but is Ali with the boat Anil the same Ali that used to do the boat trips for Tapestry?? He''s very funny and does tarzan swings around the boat??

Thanks

Offline kalkankiki

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 03:17:42 PM »
definately no tarzan swings on anil, thank you.

Offline duckling

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 10:11:27 PM »
Oh I''m sorry... Does anyone know the Ali I am talking about? He has a large boat that did all the Tapestry boat trips from Kalkan (as far as I''m aware) around the bays/to Kas etc. He was very funny (we ended up on his boat 3 years in a row) and once he knew us he often ended up throwing me in the sea!! He had a dog called Tequila that was sometimes on board below deck. I was wondering what had happened to him once Tapestry went down... Would love to go back on his boat again this year if anyone knows if he is still operating from Kalkan and how to contact him?

Thanks in advance

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 04:35:34 PM »
You are referring to the Ali-Ugur gulet, which is in the harbour this year and I believe contracted by the Tapestry Collection.

Offline duckling

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2008, 08:14:09 PM »
Thats the one - thankyou Mercimek!! If he is still contracted to the new Tapestry I guess I wont be able to go on a boat trip through him, will have to find another boat...

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2008, 07:55:42 AM »
found this link..www.romantik-cruise.com           
 either that or just take pot luck on he harbour ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 09:37:29 PM »
hello
we are visiting Kalkan for the fourth time in August and have had some lovely boat trips. This year friends of ours are staying at the same time and we would like to rent a boat for 15 people - does anyone know of one?

Offline Hoca

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 07:59:15 AM »
Babs you can rent a boat called shabora it has a capacity of 25 so there is plenty of room for 15 the cost is 350 at the moment including lunch etc you can book at the Falcon boat stand opposite the pirat hotel

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Boat Trips in Kas, Kalkan , Kekova

Started by cptergun on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

2 Replies
Last post May 06, 2016, 09:27:44 PM
by cptergun
xx
boat trips?

Started by lucyandsteven88 on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

27 Replies
Last post August 24, 2010, 04:24:23 PM
by Janey28
xx
boat trips

Started by tillymint143 on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

12 Replies
Last post October 03, 2011, 11:56:16 PM
by tillymint143
recycled
Boat trips

Started by elcee on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post September 11, 2009, 11:35:17 PM
by tonik

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal