Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Sun, sea and sass!  (Read 10833 times)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Sun, sea and sass!
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2017, 10:03:22 AM »
What a fantastic day you had Babs and you described it so beautifully I could almost feel myself there with you.

What's Bri been up to again Joycie? He certainly keeps you on your toes. Hope you are both ok.  :-*

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2017, 08:49:01 PM »
So less than 24 hours home and we're missing Kalkan desperately. It always amazes me how at this time of the year you leave there in lovely summer temperatures only to be reminded that it's far from summer here.......leaves off the trees, windy and generally.......meh!!
So the good, the bad and the ugly.......
First the bad, what a dreadful journey home. Arrived at the airport for our 10pm flight to find it was delayed. Finally a gate was put up, sharing with a Moscow flight! Russians to the left and Brits to the right for additional security checks. Now I have absolutely no problem with any required additional checks but they really need a better system. At the beginning of the queue everyone was checked, luggage, swabs etc, then as it got nearer and nearer to flight time more and more people were let through with no checks particularly those in bigs groups or with children then at the end everyone was just let through.......now call me pedantic but if it is deemed necessary for extra checks then you need to either check everyone or to randomly pick people at the same rate until the queue is cleared?!
The ugly? I really wish the wall behind the new restaurants at the harbour could be finished......that's it! Each time we go to kalkan I actually begin to bore myself saying oooo, isn't that pretty, sighing while looking back at the town while watching the early morning sun sweep over the town as it pops up over the mountain or looking at the beautiful views through the pretty houses and flowers in the old town.
The good? How long have you got??  :laugh: :laugh:
Kalkan never fails to hit the spot......I think I grow to love it more and more each time we visit, the people, the views, the food etc etc.
So eight months to go till we visit again.....too early to set up a countdown??

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2017, 09:44:17 AM »
Babs, loved your reports and the finale  the Good, the bad and the ugly. Thank you so much for sharing your holiday, glad you had a fantastic time and no it definitely isn't too early for next year's count down!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2017, 12:34:17 PM »
Fabulous final report Babs. You summed up the essence of Kalkan so well in your blogs and I loved "the good the bad and the ugly". Reminds me of the cocktail in Black and Gold  ;)

Glad you're home safe and sound and at least you have something to look forward to shortly  - more sassy celebrations if my memory serves me right?  :-*

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2017, 01:46:21 PM »
It may cheer you up to know that Kalkan is grey, bleak, chilly, the leaves blown off the trees & very wet, yes it happens here too. Tomorrow possibly the same. Winter has arrived.

Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2017, 09:09:38 AM »
Oh Babs, what a fab report....quality over quantity indeed.
I also felt a little bit emotional reading your account on Moby Dick...absolutely wonderful.
Joycie's interlude did make me laugh....reminded me of the old days when your radio would randomly tune out and into another one.. :laugh:
Thanks for posting....and yes the weather looked pretty grim in Kalkan yesterday, hope its better today.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2017, 08:47:09 AM »
 webcams  and enjoyK from here on for our fixes  until May/June  2018.  A bit off track I know,  does anyone know when the boats come out of the harbour this year

Offline NeverWill

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2017, 03:54:44 PM »
Babs, thank you so much! It's such a pleasure reading your report, guess I'll get back to it more than once :D Loved all the nice and funny small details, Moby Dick experience. It made me dreamy about my future holiday actually  :laugh:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal