Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Sun, sea and sass!  (Read 10825 times)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Sun, sea and sass!
« on: October 10, 2017, 05:09:26 PM »
So the countdown on my phone tells me it's less than 18 hours till we leave for the airport for our long awaited holiday to our happy place!

I make no apologies for the use of the word "sass" in the title of a blog for the second time this year........
I had a big birthday this year and my plan was to be Sassy at ..........I leave the rest to your imagination. For a variety of reasons the last 9 months have been very challenging for myself and my family and friends......I've caused them some concern!!  :o I've had to dig very deep into my reserves of sassiness and I've had amazing support from some very sassy friends......you know who you are!  :-* But I'm here and ready to enjoy a lovely holiday. Close friends of ours arrived last night and we are gong to share a lovely four days together and then it will just be me and my long suffering BH for another six days or so.

This probably won't be the most exciting of blogs as there is going to be some serious relaxing going on but I'll do my best to entertain! The nails are painted, the last few things ironed, work out of office on (with a few hiccups) everything out on the spare bed ready to pack in the morning......have to make sure there's something to do as there's only so many times a girl can epilate her legs!! To much info?? ;D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13839.0

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
Re: Sun, sea and sass!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 05:10:32 PM »
Apologies.....third time use of the word sass/sassy!!

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 06:51:59 PM »
Welcome to our special place. Xx

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 07:23:34 PM »
Three's a charm Babs! Looking forward to hearing about your sass!

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 08:15:05 PM »
Don't apologise Babs because you so deserve to be Sassy. Think Sassy should be your middle name  :D :D :D Hope you have a fantastic time and can't wait to read all about your holiday. Safe journey and this time tomorrow you'll be in paradise   8) 8) x x

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 09:18:25 PM »
You are the epitome of Sass Babs and lucky you that you get to enjoy the sun and sea without syn!  ;)

Safe journey tomorrow and then relax and forget about the past year and all it's problems. Can't wait to hear what you get up to and hope the weather behaves itself.  :-*

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 08:57:24 AM »
Well Sassy Babs....its finally here!!!!!
And a bit like Mr Ambassador from the Ferrero Rocher ads....you are really spoiling us  ;D
Safe travels and looking forward to reading all about your holiday....are you going to Fener?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 08:07:15 PM by kalkan4eva »
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 05:12:41 PM »
So our first day back at our happy place! Arrived late last night at the White House, had a lovely G&T on the terrace, unpacked and bed. Woken up by the lovely call to prayer and although it was still quite dark I could see it was going to be a lovely day. Complete overuse of the word lovely? Well it just is.....lovely! Had our customary walk before breakfast but really it was a gentle stroll around the harbour and guess what? Kalkan is just as beautiful as ever!  :)
Spent the day at the beach and joined our friends who arrived a couple of days ago for lunch at Fener. Finished our beach stint with mojitos at Kleo and are now getting ready to go out. Our friends have booked Bahamas, we've never been so we decided to join them there.
I can feel all the stresses of this horrible year draining away......Kalkan just has a way of doing that? Bliss.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 05:30:04 PM »
Gosh Babs so glad you got here safely. It really has been a fabulous day

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 01:29:02 PM »
Babs so happy your having a lovely time, and you can use the word "lovely" as much as you like, because I for sure want to hear about your holiday, as I imagine lots of other people on EK do. I'm so pleased Fener is open too, wished I was there right now, watching the world go by!  :D :D :D

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2017, 04:23:43 PM »
So day three! Why does the time fly by when you're here?!
I've just noticed that apparently the other night we went to the Bahamas!  :laugh: actually we went to Baharat and very nice it was too!
Yesterday we had a very lazy day at Indigo beach club and then went up to our friends villa.....very near Joycie, we found out and watched the sky turn an amazing red colour.....such beautiful sunsets at this time of year. Then we went off to Sade, via a couple of bag shops, to do some preliminary research! Sade was packed and there was the usual b term about waiting for our table etc. Did we want a drink, erm no, better not as we'd already been drinking at sunsets and at Fountain, where it turns out that our friend Ruth is very impressed with the mudslides!
Today we've had a lovely day, the four of us had a private boat trip on Moby Dick. Deniz was in excellent form and kept us entertained and he and Kamal looked after us very well, as ever. I'm pleased to say that my obligatory holiday fall is done! This year fortunately it was a comedy fall. On the top deck of the boat standing up, did a spectacular wobble and fell backwards amazingingly do a perfect landing on the sun mattresses. Did a hold backward roll following which there was many jokes about dead ants, rolled sheep etc!! Fortunately no cameras were immediately available!
So tonight, drinks on our Terrace, followed by a bit of shopping, have to pay for last nights purchase of phone cases, where else but kalkan would they allow you to walk out of a shop with a "pay tomorrow"? Then off to Small House, were we are honoured to have secured the balcony!

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2017, 06:16:15 PM »
Sounds as though you are having a fab time Babs. Why does time fly so fast in Kalkan? I spend most of the time relaxing, never get bored and yet the days just evaporate. I'm hoping that we can get back next year.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2017, 05:21:28 PM »
I haven't been very good at keeping up to date have I? I could blame a dodgy connection, the dog ate my iPad........etc etc but in reality I've just been so chilled I've not got round to it!
Our friends went home a couple of days ago flying straight into the tail end of whatever the latest storm was called. As much as we miss them we are having a lovely,relaxed time still. Not too much to report really.....I don't know how people remember every little details over the days they've been here? Our days have been spent at Indigo, on the town beach and yesterday we went to Patara. It was my BH birthday, so his choice......such an amazing beach so,so damn sandy!  :laugh: Give me pebbles any day. We've had some lovely meals of course, Fish Terrace for their last night, Olive Garden, which always makes me laugh.....would,you like to look at the dessert menu? No thank you? Oh in that case we'll bring you a choice of three complimentary desserts.......what on earth do you get if you do actually order a dessert. Now where did we go on Monday to eat? Worryingly BH can't remember either! Oh dear, we've lost the plot! Aha........Trio, phew was getting worried.......there was actually a five minute gap there while we wracked our brains! All lovely!
Today we were back on Moby Dick and what an interesting day that was! Some of the boats, including us turned left instead of right today.....it was so calm. There was only us, a couple who have been staying in Patara and know Deniz for 20 years and a very interesting man. Very "big" in the chemical indust, now retired, and the founder and president of the Turkish Kidney Foundation. This morning we sailed to the island where Deniz and his family fish in the winter.......we were so close to Meis and another Greek island that we could see the buildings. The "big" man donned his wet suit, flippers etc, took his harpoon and off he went to catch lunch. I have no idea what sort of fish we ate but it was delicious. Then off to our next job......checking that there was enough water on the island where Deniz's family keep their goats. All was well but there we had lunch.......so peaceful, no one else around, stunning scenery......just amazing. All in all we've had a very special day. You may remember that a couple of months ago I won the Sunday Times Letter of the Week competition, free monarch flights, that's another tale? Well, we were telling everyone at lunch, Deniz and Kamal sat and ate with us which was lovely. They asked me to read out my letter........as I did I realised I was actually describing our day. I wrote that the greatest danger is being charmed by the genuinely warm people and amazing scenery and gorging on delicious food. Everyone thanked me and "big" man said Bravo and shook my hand!
I also told Deniz today about me having been very ill this year and that when I was in hospital several times and needed to put myself in my head in my happy place that it was on a certain bed on Moby Dick.......his eyes filled up, bless him!
What a lovely lovely place Kalkan is?!  :) :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2017, 05:22:19 PM »
Ps, we saw an enormous turtle and flying fish today!!

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2017, 05:44:14 PM »
What a lovely day on Moby Dick. We sat in Feners and watched the boats go out. Could happily have hitched a ride on any of them. Life is so special and Kalkan is certainly a happy place where you realise how lucky you are to be able to enjoy it. Hope your health continues to improve and that you enjoy the rest of your stay.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2017, 07:21:27 PM »
Oh dear still not one hundred percent and Bri even worse head down the loo as we speak. Too much information perhaps.
Today started off full of promise. We walked down to Feners for our morning constitutional and sat in the shade to watch the boats leave. There's still quite a few going out and lots of happy people anticipating a great day. Babs we know was on Moby Dick having a great experience and I waved to the Falcon after having such a great day on it last week. The Poseidon seemed full of kids all dangling their legs over the front of the boat and having a great time. There were four people enjoying their last day they were leaving for home tonight. I had had a message off Sue to say our pick up would be 5.30 Monday morning. No end of holiday party for us then. Last time we did that journey we had a Doctor in charge this time were on our own!
On the way to Feners we stopped at the little shop that puts names on tshirts and pottery. I wanted a t shirt for my new great granddaughter. Her name is Savannah-Joyce and even the tiniest would have been too big at the mo so I bought one with next year in mind. He told me to leave it with him no money changed hands and off we went to Feners while the t shirt was written upon.
It was so lovely and I was so pleased that we'd had it done.
We climbed back up the hill.
Got to the top and decided to get some salad and some lovely figs. Went into Kipa and bought a pizza because that was what I fancied for dinner.
Returned back to the Villa up to the roof and a nice cool Efes out of the fridge. I stayed upstairs Bri went down to keep out of the sun.
I made tuna and cucumber rolls for lunch and returned to my sunbed. It was a glorious afternoon. Went down at about 5 to prepare dinner. Jacket potato in oven salad prepared pizza cooked Bri didn't want any. Should have known then all was not well.
I ate and enjoyed mine and we sat outside for a while till I decided that I'd heard a Mozzetta waiting to make me his dinner so we went inside.
Read my book for a while decided to go to bed medicine in hand and that's when things went pear shaped. Oh well hopefully tomorrow will be much improved. We can only be positive!

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2017, 07:23:23 PM »
Sorry Babs Ive hi jacked your report didn't mean to. Time I went home I think.xx

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2017, 01:00:59 PM »
Babs what a lovely blog, my eyes almost welled up too reading it.  Am so glad you are having a wonderful holiday in your special place.   :D :D :D x

Joycie, had a little chuckle, especially your comment about hijacking Bab's report! glad you having a fab holiday too and hope you are Bri are feeling better.  :D

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2017, 03:37:08 PM »
You're welcome Joycie!

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2017, 07:39:25 PM »
Thanks Babs I'll creep back to my own now xx

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Meis

Views: 3849
By: Mrs Enjoy Kalkan
Breathing in on Yildiz 2