Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Doy Doy restaurant  (Read 6142 times)

lolly

lolly
Doy Doy restaurant
« on: April 15, 2008, 05:51:56 PM »
Hi all,
   Just want to let everyone know Doy Doy now has a really nice bar,even if I''m not eating there I always go for a late night drink, they are now even doing cocktails, the food of course is still fantastic and so are the staff,they always make me feel welcome even if I''m eating on my own, the view over the harbour is stunning.....open for breakfast and lunch, if you haven''t tried it before well worth a visit. Also great background music.
                                    Regards to all Lolly x

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1381.0

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Doy Doy restaurant
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 06:15:43 PM »
Could this be a possible "Chill-out lounge" Lolly?

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 06:25:39 PM »
Hey Lolly,
do you get a free bracelet in the bar area, or is that still just for diners???? ;)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline alisonh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 09:42:13 PM »
Thanks for the info Lolly, Doy Doy was one of my favourites last year and now it sounds even better - a nice cocktail in the bar to round the evening off - great!  Definitely on my shortlist again this year.

Alison

lolly

lolly
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 05:21:02 PM »
Hi, when I was there in March it had just opened, I''m not sure if it will be a ''chill out'' area, but I will be happy looking at that fantastic view, drinking a nice cosmopolitan,aahh bliss can''t wait back on 19th May........................

Offline Kim

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 06:10:23 PM »
I''ll beat you to it Lolly!  Back out on May 10th so that will be be at Doy Doy with a big smile, big cocktail and big steak!!  It''ll all be there waiting for you.......just keep those views in your head.  I feel as if i have been in the desert for months and can now sniff the oasis in the air!  It''s been far too long...I can''t wait for that 1st gin and tonic on the roof terrace, planning our restaurant route for the next few weeks.

Roll on.... :P

lolly

lolly
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 07:20:57 PM »
Hi Kim, my restaurants for the week commencing 19th May as follows, 1st night always Doy Doy, then Aubergine, Coast, Sofra, Ibo,The Ivy,then back to Doy Doy the last evening..................how sad am I!!! got it all planned out already, got to have something to think about while I''m at work lol x

Offline lradders

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 12:35:17 PM »
Please could someone tell me exactly where Doy Doy is?  Got good knowledge of Kalkan but don''t know this particular restaurant - going out next week so will try after seeing such good reviews

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 02:35:23 PM »
Irraders....as you stand on the harbour,outside Aubergine,back toward the harbour look up.Doy Doy is the one perched on the white washed wall,the steep little road leads up to it from the harbour ... ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline lradders

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 03:41:01 PM »
Thank you  :) I know where you mean now.    Ooh, can''t wait to get out there again!  Only 10 more sleeps.........!!!!!

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 04:33:10 PM »
Hello,
Got to say that the ultimate "chill out zone" at Doy Doy had to be the Gents toilets 2 weeks ago. Door jammed and couldn''t get out. Tried for 10 minutes shaking and banging. Kitchen staff didn''t hear me. Eventually the door gave way and I stumbled out much to everyones ammusement. My table hadn''t even missed me. My 17 stone son needed to go after a while and I warned him to be careful. My wife also then got up and headed off. My son came back and said how clever he was, as he went to the ladies. Guess what? Heather had seen the ladies door closed, thought it was the men''s and locked herself in after going in through the wrong door. We left her 10 minutes and big son went to rescue her. Great meal,great craic with the boys, got our bracelets and can''t wait to go back. Hope the door is fixed.

lolly

lolly
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 05:22:31 PM »
Hi all,
Just back from anther fantastic week in Kalkan, first stop as always was Doy Doy and I must say it''s better than ever,had the best fillet steak with peppercorn sauce......yummy   the new bar is fab. went there every evening for a drink or 2!!!! the Doy Doy boys are great best line was from one of the waiters "Tonight the fish of the day is sea bass and if you find any bones I will take off my clothes and jump naked into the sea" I have never seen so many orders for sea bass in my life!!!!! lol
Back agin in 3 weeks can''t wait table already booked for 21st June so anyone there that night please say hello.................
                                    Lolly xxx

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 05:45:49 PM »
we are out on june 24th  and doy doy is on the hit list....however i will give nuddy waiters a miss!!my mrs hates fish so me in the nuddy will have to do.... :D :D

lolly

lolly
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 06:03:01 PM »
very funny, hope to see you there I wll be the blond at the bar.....

Offline MrT3chn0

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 10:01:51 PM »
I''m joining to Loly''s idea...Because Doy Doy''s Steaks and Coctails are very very amazing...Barmen Sinan is Best in Kalkan :P ... And Kitchen''s Chef on the Steak >:D ...

PS:Sorry for my bad english...

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

thumbup
The Nar Restaurant

Started by geoffdunnett on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

4 Replies
Last post May 12, 2010, 09:05:23 AM
by steve wood
xx
Restaurant Map

Started by john45 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

20 Replies
Last post November 27, 2008, 10:45:42 AM
by Kalkan regular
xx
Doy Doy restaurant

Started by lolly on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

9 Replies
Last post January 14, 2010, 01:45:11 PM
by lolly
xx
Restaurant name?

Started by clara48 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

7 Replies
Last post January 14, 2010, 08:51:09 PM
by itstime

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kas Pelicans

Views: 5727
By: Mr T
Kittens