Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Secret Kalkan Diary of Lizilu20...Syn, Sea and Sass!  (Read 13607 times)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Tuesday 01/08/17

Yippee, it's nearly time for fun in the sun again. All being well, by this time on Thursday we will be well on our way to Dalaman for 17 days of syn, sea and sass.

Syn   - I'm strictly following Slimming World having lost over 2 1/2 stones in weight since January. In April I gained half a stone back courtesy of a fantastic 2 weeks in Kalkan where I went utterly and decadently wild so I guess I've lost 3 stones really accounting for the April gain. Hard slog but so worthwhile. I really don't want to pile the pounds on again, but I just know it's inevitable with all the gorgeous and tempting goodies on offer. So lot's of synning will be happening no doubt!
Sea   - fairly self explanatory, lot's of swimming and boat trips to look forward to.
Sass  - I'll be with sassy Shirl when the majority of synning will take place.  ;D  Also, poor Automan not only has his Queen with him - our 3 Princesses are joining us too! Poor bloke  ;)

I'm not being too complacent but I'm fairly in control of the pre holiday chaos so far. So, hopefully, my blog will commence live from Kalkan in a couple of days time and I can't wait...

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13797.0
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 09:26:46 PM by Lizilu20 »

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: The Secret Kalkan Diary of Lizilu20...Syn, Sea and Sass!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 12:59:48 PM »
...and nor can I  ;D ;D
2 sleeps!
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 09:18:35 PM »
Waiting very patiently! 2 more sleeps yeah! Wine is chilling as we speak! X

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 09:36:54 PM »
Looking forward to hearing all about what the "Royal" family get up to in Kalkan. ;D ;D No doubt the Princesses will want to proof read before going to print, but relying on you to give us a few exclusives in true Lizilu style.

Safe journey on Thursday.   

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 04:09:43 PM »
Can't wait to hear about the sassy girls' adventures!

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 01:56:17 PM »
Saturday 05/08/17

Can you believe it's thundering and lightening here in paradise? :o

Sorry I've been quiet but only just coming to a little since our early morning flight on Thursday and it's been pretty full on since arriving. Seeing as the weather is absolutely dreadful right now, it seems a good time to tell you our story so far...

As usual nothing runs smoothly in the lizilu household and Wednesday was really stressful. No time for lunch then straight on to collect my mum from the residential home where she has been having a period of  rehabilitation following a recent serious illness. However the good news is she's much better  and was being discharged home. Bad timing but brilliant news . To cut a long story short, medications were wrong, carers arrived at the wrong time and my sister was panicking. I was backwards and forwards like I don't know what, from the home, the Drs surgery, the chemists and back again several times. Finally got home at 7pm with still cases to pack, fridges to empty and all the usual pre holiday chores still to do. I'm actually feeling anxious remembering all this. We were being picked up at 3.30 the following morning, hence the plan of being tucked up and in our beds by 8pm didn't happen, but we all pulled together and we managed to get 2 hours of sleep before our taxi arrived and whisked us off on the first leg of our journey to paradise.

Thankfully speedy boarding was very speedy and so was our flight. We were initially told while we were on the tarmac that we would have to wait 2 and a half hours before we could take off due to traffic congestion in the air
but thankfully this wasn't the case and we were soaring away within 30 mins of pushing back. Yeah!

When we arrived in Dalaman we were initially greeted with a big smile from our driver . First Automan got a cheery  merhaba, then me, then his smile started to fade and he started to count on his fingers as our daughters trundled up, 1,2,3,4,5! Small problem,  car not big enough! A quick call to a very apologetic Alper and within the hour a lovely plush minibus, big enough for us all and our groaning suitcases, shuttled us off to our favourite place in the world. I didn't take in much of the journey as I finally managed to sleep (too busy and excited quaffing wine on the plane to sleep) but we all awoke to take in the magnificent splendour of the view that never ceases to amaze us as we pass lavanta and descend to our version of heaven. Instantly all the stresses disappear and the anxiety of the previous day was gone like it never really happened! We were home.

Thursday evening was spent reuniting with sassy Shirl, Bob and Chris the spark at the Marina restaurant and what a brilliant night we had but my eyes were struggling to stay open so we rolled into our beds on the stroke of midnight and slept like babies.

Yesterday dawned and so did some very ominous clouds but the day stayed mainly sunny and bright as we firstly breakfasted at sultan saliha patisserie. It was delicious and really reasonable prices. It was very busy and thanks  Shirl and Bob for recommending it to us.
Then on to do the Friday big shop at Migros and a taxi home was definitely required as our bags were bursting with enough delicious Turkish  goodies to sustain us for hopefully at least a few days!
We spent a lovely afternoon with Shirl and Bob at the Asfiya sea view. We love it there, big comfy sun loungers, beautiful pool and best of all, delicious cocktails. Shirl  and I managed to sink a couple of mai tai's while we planned our BBQ which was to be held later in the evening and that was the start of the descent really.         

We had a great fun packed evening and Bob did us proud. Bit of a disaster with the new BBQ but I shall let shirl fill you in on that and Bob prepped and cooked us up a veritable feast. We guzzled down succulent spatchcocked chicken, Kofte and smuggled bangers, with salad and slimming world chips Jayne cooked in the activity. So far not too many syns, but that didn't last long as the duty free flowed and us girls got giddy. Our daughters were sensibly chatting away in the nook while Shirl and I were practising synchronised swimming and striking poses in the pool while she took selfies of us and of course the inevitable happened and I watched as her phone slid through her fingers like melted butter and sank like a stone... :o

This morning my head was sore and I'm only just about feeling ready for a hair of the dog. Not much else to do seeing as it's been thundering and lightening with rain pelting down. It's so muggy as well. Hopefully this will break soon and the beautiful sunshine will once again appear.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 02:12:25 PM by Lizilu20 »

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 02:39:19 PM »
Not sure why but am laughing out loud reading this Lizzie! Fun in the sun for us Ab fab Girls! but where's the sun today and my phone is now in a box of rice rather than the bulgar wheat I found last night!  :'( fab blog x

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 02:48:02 PM »
 :laugh: :laugh: the antics have begun! Hope the rain stops soon sassy girls, mind you, I suspect you won't let a bit of rain spoil your fun!

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2017, 07:13:30 PM »
So the fun has well and truly started! Keep up the good work you two.  ;) :) ;)

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2017, 02:21:07 PM »
Loving the post Lizilu........hopefully the weather will be kind and the recent storms will become a distant memory. Look forward to reading more of your escapades.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2017, 10:40:58 PM »
Rain in August...? It has been known but its definitley not the norm and hopefully the sun has now broken through the clouds.
Felt stressed reading about your last day in UK, hope your Mum is doing ok...worst timing in the world for you, but you probably could have put money on it :D
It wont be the first time you will feel a bit delicate in the morning on this trip...also a dead cert but I for one cant wait to read all about it.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2017, 08:28:43 AM »
Tuesday 08/08/17

Hello pimples, welcome back old friends, five of you beauties all round my mouth this morning.  :(
Beautiful blue skies though which helps to ease the pain a little. We've had some very strange  weather going on here for a few days.

On Saturday, as you've already heard from  the other guys out here,  the rains came with a vengeance and we had a deluge of thunder and lightening of epic proportions. Previous to this we'd managed a delicious and hearty breakfast at chillies so at least we had full tummies and had luckily made it home before the storm arrived. Our evening was spent with Bob and Shirl at the olive garden and it was as good as ever. Freebie meze starters with warm olive bread and freebie deserts of ice cream and lemon cake. For my main I had red snapper stuffed with vegetables and it was amazing. It's not the cheapest place but at 435TL for 5 people with soft drinks and wine and beer, certainly good value for money. We managed a nightcap at the moonlight bar before dragging our weary bodies up to the taxi rank and home to bed.

Saturday dawned and all was well with the weather thankfully as we were on the party boat today courtesy of the lovely  RosiB and Bill and what a brilliant day it was apart from when a rock bit me and I had to spend the  entire trip either lounged on my left side like a greek godess with a bag of ice applied to my right bum cheek, or sat on my left bum cheek as the burning hot welts and needlelike pain prevented me from extending fully onto my posterior. I was very proud of my battle scars though and was happy to show off to all, to cries of ouch, OMG and oh that's nasty.  :o
Accident aside, we had a fabulous day and thank you so much Ros and Bill, I hope my mini drama didn't detract too much from your day as it really was all about you and your lovely family.  We've never been on Kalamaki boats before but will definitely go with them again.
Sunday evening was spent with our fethiye friends who have travelled down for a few days and managed to secure an amazing villa, high up in the God's at the top of Kisiltas.
We met for drinks at Kaya then dinner at Aubergine who miraculously managed to squeeze 13 of us in by doing a bit of re arranging of table's. I really don't know why people say they can't afford to eat down there as it as actually cheaper than the olive garden at 375TL and that was with starters too. There is a good offer on at the mo of buy 2 get 1 free on bottles of wine and you can take what you don't drink home with you. That was never going to happen with us though was it!

So yesterday and another day on the ocean wave (avoiding rocks thst bite) this time with the suave captain Abdi on PinaX, possibly our favourite boat. We spotted an abundance of turtles in Frenk bay, a delightful sight as they flipped this way and that and bobbed their little heads out as though they were greeting us.
We were having a fantastic time bobbing along on the beautiful briny sea, waving at our friends on yildiz and joining them for swim stops, until the sky went ominously dark and suddenly Kalkan disappeared from view like a ghost mist had descended from hell and scooped it away, never to be seen again!
There appeared to be an eerie silence and sea was as calm as a millpond. Suddenly there it was,the roar of thunder and dramatic lightening forks over the black hole that should have been Kalkan. We watched as the mist  opened like curtains, Yay! Kalkan was back in view but the bloody storm was now headed out to sea and to us! Oh my word,  you should have seen us, all huddled in the front with all beds removed and zipped in like sardines in a tin. The crew jumped in the sea and abandoned ship while we were literally on the boat that rocked and Shirls face was a picture. With lots of wine to the rescue we somehow made it through, stuffing our faces with cakes while the storm raged around us. Certainly was a boat trip to remember!

We made it back to the harbour safely and had to have a large wine in Fener to steady our nerves. Poor Shirl never quite found her sea legs, or arms for that matter  as we watched her wine slide through her hands and spill onto her newly dried out phone as the glass crashed to the floor. What a weird day it was.

Well today we are off up to our friend's for a BBQ. It's been full on so far and I'm hoping today will be relaxing with no further drama...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 08:33:11 AM by Lizilu20 »

Offline RosiB

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2017, 01:14:28 PM »
You certainly went through the wars over the last couple of days! Hope things calm down now!

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2017, 05:15:03 PM »
Well I know I asked for some exclusive reports "Lizilu style" but didn't expect biting rocks and treacherous thunder storms, not to mention the mishaps by butter fingers Shirl  ;D. Perhaps you best aim for plain old boring for the next few days to  give yourselves time to recover! Even as I'm writing this I'm thinking the Ab Fab girls don't know how to do boring so at the very least try to stay safe and no more accidents involving liquid and phones!
Weather looks to be settled for the foreseeable, so grab a sun bed and a good book and try to chill.

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2017, 06:08:56 PM »
Biting rocks, storms at sea, pimples, damaged phone and buttocks..........is that what they mean by the saying 'turn the other cheek'? You really seem to be having an incident filled vacation Lizilu.......let's hope that everything calms down and you can make the most of your holiday. Your posts always bring a smile to my face and I really look forward to the next instalment.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2017, 07:36:09 AM »
Fab report Lizilu, we certainly know how to enjoy ourselves!  :D :D :D

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2017, 07:38:13 AM »
loving these reports - we can certainly understand the 'black as night' idea here in the UK.  it is like the middle of November right now.  11 degrees, raining and really dark.  Still only 2 sleeps and i can be enjoying a bit of sunshine!!

See you soon!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2017, 06:18:54 PM »
Biting rocks...? What? Something else to add to my "be afraid of" list.
Oh Lizzie, the pimples...you were almost expecting them before kalkankles weren't you? A facial sometimes has that effect but at least the impurities are coming out and in a day or so you'll have amazing glowing skin..that's my promise to you.
A storm at sea would be the stuff of my nightmares...already on the "be afraid of list"..! You did well not to down everything alcoholic in Captain Abdi's fridge because that would have been my coping mechanism for sure..

Looking forward to Patsy and Eddies next adventure..go girls!

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2017, 06:48:00 PM »
Enjoyed reading your description of the storm at sea - although very glad I wasn't there.

I hope you will now have wall to wall sunshine for the rest of your holiday.   I am enjoying reading your blog.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2017, 09:20:41 PM »
Ah.....the dreaded biting rocks?! How do you manage it lizilu.......mind you I find it's almost a relief when the first accident of the holiday is over!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal