Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Sassy Shirl is Reunited - Absolutely Fabulous!!!!  (Read 19056 times)

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Sassy Shirl is Reunited - Absolutely Fabulous!!!!
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2017, 07:02:02 PM »
Sounds like you have already got well into it Jayne  - and still lots to come. On TV they are talking about a serious heatwave so be warned! 44 in Rome. Those mossies sound really vicious. Smother yourself in lotions and potions! Right, enough nursing talk! Hope Lizilu and Shaun arrive safely with the princesses! Have fun.  ;) ;) ;) 8) Caroline and Nick xxx

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2017, 06:45:48 AM »
Well I can’t believe that we have  been here for a full week! Where has the time gone?

Thursday…..We didn’t make the market, it was so hot and decided that maybe we would go next week or maybe the following! We had enough fruit and veg for the duration, and spices could wait until we go home. Our friends arrived as you will have already read, and it was lovely to see them back in this special place.  We just spent the day round the pool, and the Bacardi was opened! Maybe a bit too early for me, as I needed a nap before we ventured out for dinner later in the evening.  We all went down to the harbour and had dinner at Marina, it was a lovely meal as always and nice to see George and Mario.  Chris and Bernie joined us as well.

Friday ….  Had a lovely few hours down at the Asfiya, and the boys greeted us with affection when we arrived.  The weather was a bit iffy today, so humid but the clouds were rolling in and a bit dark over the mountains! But it soon cleared, Lizzie and I enjoyed the Mai Tai cocktails very much, certainly getting into them this year, considering I’ve never ventured in that direction before, Long Island is my next one to try I am thinking! Anyway, Bob and I then left to go back to the apartment as the new BBQ had arrived and he wanted to construct if for our planned BBQ that evening.  Things didn’t quite go to plan, as lovely as it looked on the box and studying the step by step instructions, something wasn’t right, turns out that the some of the pieces were duplicated and one piece missing! BBQ construction abandoned for the time being, until new piece arrives.  Anyway we didn’t let it beat us, we used our George Foreman and Multi Chef, and we managed to sort of BBQ for the 7 of us, and very enjoyable it was too. We had a fun evening, us girls swimming, and yes Lizzie’s  synchronised swimming I was very impressed with. I on the other hand decided to look at my phone while sat on the side of the pool, and before long yes, you’ve probably guessed I had dropped it straight into the swimming pool! Lizzie and I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry, and in the end we just started laughing much to OH’s disgust who wasn’t best pleased! It was an accident I heard myself saying, and then I said no I think Lizzie pushed me!! We couldn’t stop laughing, but the moral of my story the next morning when I realised the extent that I now had no phone is “never take your phone in a swimming pool” I promptly went to find some rice, but came back with a bag of bulgar wheat, feeling for sure it was dry it out, but unfortunately it hasn’t, so a trip to the shops the next day to get some rice and that is where the phone is still this morning!

Saturday – Not feeling the love this morning, no phone, a fuzzy head and thunder and rain! Rain in August! In Kalkan, surely not, but it was so weird and also so lovely and cool.  We’d planned on the beach today, but thought we would have a wander through town first. Hair cut at Eddie’s for Bob, so I sat and watched the world go by in Merkez drinking a lovely home made lemonade.  We then wandered down to the beach and walked all the way along over towards Palm Beach Club, I didn’t realise you can access the sea from up there, although very rocky, the clouds were rolling in now, but I still had a little dip in the sea, couldn’t go down there and not go in.  It was starting to rain now and getting very dark.  So back up through town, and had to have a watering stop again in Merkez as the heaven’s opened, I couldn’t believe it, seemed like a different place with rain! No lemonade this time, but wine instead, and it went down a treat, we really had to stay at least an hour or so until the rain held off! So another glass of wine it had to be! Finally the rain stopped so back home.  We’d witnessed a young lad delivering apple tea to the shops holding his tray and an umbrella to keep the rain off, people wearing coats and macs, it was bizarre, and I was still sat in my wet swimmies from my dip in the sea! We had booked to go to the Olive Garden tonight, so a pre-drink on the balcony at Lizzie and Automan’s and off we all went, via Kaya to say hello to the boys!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2017, 07:54:44 AM »
Hope your phone has survived Jayne......oops! Rain in August? Happened to us once......at least it clears up quickly and normal service is swiftly resumed!

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2017, 02:25:44 PM »
Thanks for the report Jayne. It's really good to have some activity on this forum and for you to share your holiday experience. Really looking forward to the next instalment.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2017, 10:48:31 PM »
eeek, Jayne...your phone! I would feel as though I'd lost a limb if my phone was out of action. Hoping the rice will do its job, but the phone shop near Lime Bar might be able to help you get it working if not.

Love that walk from the harbour over to Palm Beach...its really secluded and the sea is lovely here too...glad you managed to take a dip. I can think of worse places to be holed up waiting for the rain to pass than Merkez.

Looks as though the rain was just an unseasonable blip and wall to wall sunshine is back in town...and not before time eh?

Looking forward to hearing more about our own Ab Fab twosome...
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2017, 10:56:02 AM »
I can see a (waterproof) Samsung or iPhone purchase ahead >:D
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2017, 07:08:53 AM »
Well I’m not quite sure what has happened on this holiday, but have been a bit busy to blog, so thought I had better catch up this morning.  ::)

Firstly, the good news is the phone has dried out!!! The bulgar wheat did no good at all, but the rice certainly did! And so far so good it seems to be working! Still have a cut hand due to the broken glass incident but that is healing okay, mozzie bites are sort of getting better, so all in all things are on the up!!

Sunday …… Well as you have already read, Rosieb and Bill’s 40th Anniversary boat party, it was a fabulous day and we thank you very much for inviting us, lovely food, lovely people, Kalamaki Boats were fantastic. What a lovely way to celebrate and we felt privileged to be invited.

Monday ……. Well another boat trip for us all today, Captain Abdi on Pina X, and as you know it wasn’t the usual calm boat trip, never known anything like it, blue skies, brilliant sunshine, warm sea to swim in, and then thunder, torrential rain and worst of all it looked like nightime and we couldn’t see the mountains let alone Kalkan in the distance! I didn’t win a bravery award that day, but looking back it certainly was an experience! Especially when the Captain jumped in the sea in the pouring rain inviting us to swim too, was he really serious??  :D :D Anyway, back on dry land, and a quick trip to Fener was the plan, and yes that is where the mishap with the glass happened, a large glass too and I hadn’t even drank a third of it! Before I knew it, 3 waiters had cleared up the debris, plaster applied to my cut hand, and another glass of wine appeared! How nice are these people, so kind. OH just looked on shaking his head, me knowing what he was thinking!

Tuesday …… A slow start to the day today, chilled in the morning as we were off out to a BBQ this afternoon.  Fab time had by all but this morning am feeing a little delicate to say the least…. Will let my partner in crime complete the rest!!  ;D ;D

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2017, 11:23:59 AM »
Good news on the phone front, bad news for the phone makers!

With the rice absorbing the moisture, there must be a rice pudding on offer, or at least, sütlaç?

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2017, 06:09:27 PM »
Oh Jayne...blame the cocktails for EVERYTHING!  ;D  ;D

Not sure how I would gave coped with a thunderstorm on a boat trip...so don't give yourself a hard time - Captain Abdi is so funny, love him :laugh:

Look forward to hearing what you get up to next

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2017, 06:44:19 PM »
Just now catching up with posts (computer problems).   

It was good to meet you and Bob last year, sorry we aren't around in Kalkan at the moment.

I am not a good sailor so the thought of a huge thunderstorm out in the bay makes me go pale.

Hope your hand continues to heal, likewise mozzie bites.   There was a lot of spraying going on in our road when we were there in June so the Council are certainly trying to do their bit.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2017, 09:10:33 PM »
Oh Jayne, phone, broken glass, thunderstorms......never a dull moment? As K4E says, blame the cocktails.....hope the research I see progressing well!

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2017, 11:10:52 PM »
Well I hope you have obeyed my orders and had a chill day with a sun bed and a good book! To avoid any possible accidents around the slippery pool area best have Bob bring you your cocktails to you  ;D  ;D In fact this sounds my perfect sort of day :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2017, 08:23:24 AM »
Hey Shirl, you forgot to mention about your little spin on the captain's chair  ;D  ;D  :-*

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2017, 06:07:48 PM »
Spinning on the captain's chair.....more info, or better still, a photo please!

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2017, 06:25:47 AM »
Thanks for all your comments lovely EK Readers!  :D

Now where do I begin?? I think you are uptodate with events until Market Day, I am losing track of the days and weeks now, I can't believe that we have almost been here 2 weeks now, although we certainly have packed it in again despite saying we wouldn't arrange too much! Oh well, it just has to be done!

Now just to clear up the matter of the Captain's Chair?? It was one of those spinny high stool affairs, thought I would just perch myself on it for a while, when the Captain wasn't looking, Lizilu and Automan looking on from the dining table, unbeknown to me, at the time hadn't realised that it was a spinning one, and as I clambered on it, it spun round like a roundabout resulting in almost another mishap on this holiday! thankfully my 2 friends were the only witnesses much to their amusement!  ;D ;D

Thursday .....

Shall we or shan't we go to the market? only if we got up early OH said, so off we set at 8.15am! We went immediately left taking us up to what we thought would be level with the market, but no we had climbed too high so we then had to come back down a very steep hill, but hey ho, lots of steps gained on my fitbit. Greeted with the same old sayings "cheaps as chips" "cheaper than Asda and Primark" and same faces on the market stalls.  Not sure why I was eating Turkish Delight at 8.30am in the morning but would be rude to refuse wouldn't it? Priced up 6 polo shirts that my brother has ordered, didn't think it would be so difficult, he doesn's want brightly coloured ones as doesn't want to look like he has been tangoed he said! too much choice, so decided to leave that task until next Thursday! Anyway purchases made, ie new pair of shorts for OH, fruit and veg and of course some lovely goats cheese, we were done.  Next stop Suleyman's for a chicken sandwich for breakfast, unfortunately we were too early for that much to our disappointment, so the only option was DIY version, so Migros it was for chicken and fresh bread, and back home to replicate it, and very nice it was too. The rest of the day was very chilled, just lazing by the pool with our friends, with the odd glass of something to keep us cool!

We had booked to go to the 80 & 90s night at Kaya tonight, so off we went, and what fun it was.  Lizilu and I dancing the night away until almost midnight, and we were quite pleased that we did, because the food was lovely and we needed to dance off the calories consumed, well I know I did, as I am sure I had eaten enough for 2!   

Friday .......

Surprisingly awake at the crack of dawn, so off for a little run this morning, 2 dogs that hang out near Chillies, always join me, wagging their tails when they see me!

Quite hazy this morning, with a very slight breeze as I am sat on the balcony, so hopefully it won't be as hot as yesterday, but something tells me it probably will.  Beach club for us all today, but not sure which one yet.   :D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2017, 07:38:29 AM »
Have woken to a blue sky with a strange yellow ball in it! Glad it's my day off today. But sadly no beach club for me......just yet! I'm seriously impressed that you're keeping up with the running in the heat......takes a sassy one to do that! :laugh:

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2017, 01:42:02 PM »
You certainly have packed things into your first two weeks...and you still have almost three weeks ahead of you. Make the most of the gorgeous weather, its definitely turned Autumnal at home...already!
Very impressed with the running...mega cocktail points in the bank!
I'll look out for you on the Kaya FB page...they like to post videos from their 80/90's nights ;D ;D

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2017, 04:04:04 PM »
Just loving reading your reports Sassy Shirl and feeling so lucky to be sharing these good times x

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2017, 07:21:36 AM »
Thought I had better catch up, as the days are all rolling into one, I can't even remember what day it is let alone what we did two days ago! but will try and remember! I know that I have already had my hair cut and my eyebrows done at Jasmine Coiffeur, but haven't managed any bag shopping yet, only going in with Lizzie the other night, but there is still lots of time, and I am working on it.

Friday..... Yes Palm Beach Club with the gang, the girls opted for this one, so we were happy to go with the flow, and glad that we did, Ab Fab!!! it was.  On the very quick boat journey over, the Captain slowed down and there in front was a gorgeous turtle poking his head above the water, such a lovely thing to see. Caretta I said to Automan! Unfortunately the front sunbeds were all taken when we arrived, but we were led to our own little private area at the top and it was beautiful.  So hot though, so we spent quite a bit of time in the sea, and I made several attempts to get on the trampoline, but failed miserably! Managed to clamber up the ladder, but couldn't quite manage to get the strength to get on it! hey ho, the platform it had to be then!

We left late afternoon and Cocktail hour was calling at Aubergines! A Long Island Iced Tea for me and Bob had something with rum and lime in it, the name escapes me as hadn't heard of it before. Back home to a lovely chicken that had been slowly cooking away in the slow cooker, and that lovely green bean dish that Bob makes and fresh sweetcorn, delicious!

We had ordered a Gas BBQ which arrived and to cut a long story short the we had to have another leg sent out, so this evening was going to be spent assembling what seemed like 500 bits, but finally it was completed, well done that man is all I can say!  :D :D.

Saturday .... A lazy day was had by all, quite cloudly but so humid in the morning. so spent the day round the pool with our friends, trying to cheer them up as they were feeling a bit anxious as 2 of their girls were travelling home, but in no time at all, they had landed safely, so everyone was relieved. Automan looking after Lizzie making her drinks, she said oh I love this Metaxa and coke, thank you! to which he replied Lizzie it is Bacardi and Coke! Oh how we laughed  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

We had booked the 10 year anniversary BBQ at Cafe Vita in the evening, so had to be ready early as plan was to have drinks on the way at Cosmopolitan Bar, and what a fab little bar, and such friendly people.  The evening was fab, far too much food, belly dancing and Turkish dancing, fireworks, t shirts, caps, roses for the ladies, complimentary Champagne, you name it we had it! but boy were we full by the end of the evening, and then in true Ab Fab style, we stopped off at Johny's Bar for a nightcap, Lizzie and I had our annual photo taken with Captain Jack Sparrow, the nightcap was probaby a mistake, but it had to be done! Slowly we meandered up the hill to our beds. 

Sunday ..... Day of rest! Today the only thing I am going to do is lie on a sunbed on the beach with the occasional dip in the sea to cool off, and then test out our newly assembled BBQ this evening with the Gang!

Sx

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2017, 01:49:48 PM »
Loving the blog Jane.......it's so amazing that we still haven't managed to visit a lot of the restaurants and bars that have been mentioned in recent posts. We really do try to spread our custom and will definitely be trying some new venues during our next visit in 4 weeks time.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Another Fabulous holiday in Kalkan

Started by Natsky on Holiday Reports and Reviews

3 Replies
Last post August 24, 2009, 08:55:37 PM
by claire
xx
Fabulous catering service

Started by clarel on Holiday Reports and Reviews

14 Replies
Last post September 05, 2010, 06:14:17 PM
by shawn
xx
End of the Forum? Absolutely Not!

Started by alantj on General Discussion

93 Replies
Last post November 29, 2018, 09:11:03 AM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Fabulous Emir Apartment for sale

Started by Kalkan Magic on Property For Sale

0 Replies
Last post February 10, 2014, 09:35:56 AM
by Kalkan Magic

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan

Views: 3102
By: tramline
Wow