Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Too Much of a Good Thing?  (Read 2051 times)

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Too Much of a Good Thing?
« on: June 10, 2017, 12:28:47 PM »
Hi Guys
Haven't posted for a while as we don't normally do very much on our trips to Kalkan, so you can read my previous reports and the next trip is pretty much the same.

We went to Kalkan in May and had a slightly different experience this time as we stayed with family in their apartment rather than staying in the Kelebek Hotel.  We had a lovely time being able to go "home" at the end of the day.  This meant however that a lot of our meals were eaten in and these amounted to salads as the veggies are so delicious in Turkey.  Why do we have to put up with tasteless tomatoes and cucumbers in the UK?

Evening meals out that we had were at Chillies, Cinar, Pera, Baharat, Smyrna and Celik.  All were very good as you would expect.  We were trying to 'do' Kalkan on a budget on this visit and succeeded to a certain extent.  For lunch on our walk to Kalamar we stopped in at the House Cafe.  We were the only ones in which was a shame as they are such nice guys and the food is great, which you can say about all the establishments really.

The streets were very quiet and all the meet and greet guys were desperate to get us into their restaurants.  None of them were aggressive though.  Most of them know us and accept when we say no thank you.

When we got home we were missing Kalkan so much, as we all do, we checked flights from Bournemouth, our local airport, and prices had come right down.  So we are now going to check the theory that you can have too much of a good thing.  We are flying out again on Thursday 3 weeks after flying home and staying at the Kelebek who have given us a good deal on bed and breakfast including aircon.  They usually charge extra for this.  I will try and keep you posted on what we get up to.  Again we are going to try and 'do' Kalkan on a budget, so no bottles of wine and steaks for us (I don't eat steak anyway as I am a vegetarian).

Serefe
Jo

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13738.0

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: Too Much of a Good Thing?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 06:11:34 PM »
You sneaked that little holiday in Jo!  :laugh:
Enjoy the next one!

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Too Much of a Good Thing?
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 07:28:26 PM »
 :o No Wine ! A meal without wine is to "eat" not to "dine"

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
What's the first thing you do..?

Started by kalkan4eva on General Discussion

16 Replies
Last post February 24, 2012, 10:51:56 PM
by alisonh
xx
apt,studio any thing.

Started by fidimax on Accommodation and Hotels

1 Replies
Last post July 11, 2010, 12:35:51 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
favourite thing ???????????????

Started by michelle from newcastle on General Discussion

42 Replies
Last post May 31, 2013, 09:31:36 AM
by tonik1945
xx
Some thing a little light hearted

Started by tiamaria on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post June 03, 2011, 07:54:47 AM
by amber

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal