Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Steaks  (Read 6473 times)

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Steaks
« on: June 02, 2017, 07:46:48 PM »
Hi, Kalkan is known for its good steaks which are normally cooked just the way you like - difficult to get in some places in UK.

Over the years forum members have said which is their favourite restaurant in Kalkan for steaks.   We have also had our "special steak place".    Last year I didn't get out as much as usual because of damaged knees and so really looked forward to a steak night.   It was sadly very disappointing.  Nothing like the luscious steaks we usually have.  I won't say where because it may have been a one off problem so not fair to name the place.

My query is for any who have been eating steaks this season, not previous years.    Where have you found the best?

We are there in less than two weeks now and looking forward to the food as well as everything else!   

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13732.0

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
Re: Steaks
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 09:26:21 PM »
Enjoyed a few in April and May.  In no particular order, Sade, Doy Doy, Alternative and Mussakka.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 07:50:54 AM »
Hi Tortoiselady, lovely to read your post and imagine you are looking forward to your holiday in our special place in 2 weeks. 

Re the steaks, we have never had a bad experience, but personally one of my favourite places is Marina, their peppered steak is amazing, it never disappoints, but also Alternatif, Moussaka and last year we had an amazing steak in Wapiano, which I think this year has changed names.  OH always says though why is it always fillet and no other cuts.

Sadly we won't cross over this year, but hopefully see you next time.  Have a lovely holiday.

J&B

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 09:59:57 AM »
Wapiano is now Agora and the marble steak was fantastic. Chateaubriand in Baharat was awesome. Mussakka never fails.
This is feedback from May. Can't wait to return in Sept. as I love a good steak and very rarely order it in the UK as usually disaPpointing.

pw
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 02:38:20 PM »
Last year we had excellent steaks in Musakka, Alternatif and Terras (Sofra). We also had very good (and very reasonably priced) Chateaubriand at Paprika and Samdam. It's very rare to get a bad steak in Kalkan :laugh:
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 07:54:35 PM »
Thank you all for your responses on steaks.    Certainly in all the years we have been going to Kalkan I think we have only had the one bad steak experience last year and were very surprised.   We will look forward to at least one steak night shortly (only a week to go now).

We find that they are often a little too large,  No complaints about that though because we have discovered the restaurants are normally very happy to wrap up any remainder to take home.   Finely sliced (and always rare for us) they make a very simple and delicious lunch with a salad at the villa.  I do like producing meals that require very little effort on my part, particularly on holiday. 

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 12:17:32 PM »
If a bloke on his own turns up at your front with some large steaks wearing a pair of wellies and a chefs hat will there be room at the in. Lol. Have a great holiday.

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 12:31:37 PM »
Yes, indeed, he (you?) will be most welcome with the steaks.   You may remember where the BBQ is on the roof terrace.

Good to see you posting here again Cleworthallray.   Are you missing your Kalkan fix?

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 12:34:35 PM »
I certainly am. X

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2017, 12:35:09 PM »
Have a great holiday Tortoise Lady and enjoy your steak night. We didn't eat many steaks in April but the one I had with pepper sauce at the Marina restaurant was delicious. I also love the summer steak dish at Mussakka and Doy Doy in previous years but I can't comment as yet on this until I partake again in August.

Looking forward to hearing how you get on.  :)

Offline One sheet

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 07:20:41 PM »
It is I, One Sheet.

In Mussakka for the 3rd time. Yes people, that’s number 3!!
Gonna try the Steak that I ordered some 4 years ago but never got to eat because of the sad news that my Dad had died mid meal. Here’s looking at you George :-\

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 08:00:41 PM »
In mossakka , beautiful steak , online but not bored 😂

Offline Dave1966

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2018, 01:08:54 PM »
Got back yesterday after 9 days in Kalkan, best steak for me was at Chata.

Offline baclava

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • The Olive Grove
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2018, 04:35:31 PM »
Also ate in Chata two nights ago and had a superb peppered fillet steak. But as others have said, I don't remember ever having a bad one in any of the restaurants.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2018, 07:14:44 PM »
In May/June the best steaks for me were Mussakka, Alternative and Sade. Couldn't say that one was better than the other but all were fabulous.

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2018, 09:30:38 AM »
We had a short trip to Kalkan early May (re new property letting registration regulations).   We only had steak once, at Sade, and it was superb.  Wonderful steak Going back to Kalkan very shortly now and looking forward to the steak experience again. 

As I said at this beginning of this thread we have only once had a poor steak in Kalkan and I think that was very unusual.   

My mouth is watering already at the thought of the steaks we had at Sade.   Not only tender but so much flavour

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

moved
MOVED: Steaks

Started by EK Moderator on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post June 03, 2017, 10:44:41 AM
by EK Moderator
xx
Steaks in Kalkan

Started by BarbH on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

2 Replies
Last post May 27, 2013, 09:53:44 AM
by Kalkan regular

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal