Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Keith can..........in Kalkan!!  (Read 73312 times)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Keith can..........in Kalkan!!
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2017, 08:53:20 AM »
Brilliant Keith, we'd do it too if we could.

Keith can...NOT change his blog title, this one is fab...in Kalkan.  ;D

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2017, 09:18:12 PM »
Ok Lizilu, I'll carry on where I left off with:

Keith can.......continue his blog........in Kalkan!!

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2017, 09:30:42 PM »
MrsM.......unfortunately we are flying out from Stansted on the 7.10am Thomson flight and so we are unlikely to meet at the airport.  If anyone is on the same flight I am the tall, white haired, slim man. I will be carrying a copy of the Financial Times and wearing a pink carnation in my button hole. lol.  Hope to meet some of our enjoykalkan friends  in Kalkan.

Keith can........look forward to linking up.......in Kalkan!!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2017, 04:07:55 PM »
A flower in your button hole at the airport......very dapper!  ;D ;D

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2017, 07:15:30 PM »
I'm pleased to confirm that everything has been booked for our return on 11th September.

Keith can..........and will be enjoying another 2017 holiday...........in Kalkan!!

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2017, 01:57:15 PM »
Well.......4 weeks tomorrow and we will be back in the special place that is Kalkan. We fly out on 11th September and one of our sons will join us on the 16th. This has been a particularly difficult year and I just know that Kalkan will provide the perfect tonic and help us to move on.

Keith can........forget about his troubles........in Kalkan

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2017, 03:53:33 PM »
Gosh only 4 weeks! Lucky you Keith and how lovely to have your son with you. We've loved having our girls with us again x

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2017, 03:47:07 PM »
Well.......we are now down to just two weeks tomorrow when we will be back in the special place that is Kalkan. Everything is sorted and it's just a case of sorting through what we will be packing. It looks as though the temperature and sunshine are back where they should be and so we can look forward to plenty of days in the great outdoors. We are definitely thinking about taking a trip to Meis, when our son joins us, as he would love to go on a boat trip and the Island sounds amazing. I have really enjoyed reading everyone else's posts and they have kept me going since our last visit in June.

Keith can.........almost taste his first Efes...........in Kalkan

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2017, 06:58:16 AM »
Keith not long now before you will be having that Efes, and the sun is definitely shining! Have a great holiday  :D :D

J&B

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2017, 07:25:05 PM »
We are all set for our next visit to Kalkan on Monday. Some of our friends flew out today for a week and we have arranged to meet up at Berzigans for a drink on Monday evening. I have to say that I'm starting to feel the holiday buzz and am actually looking forward to packing the 'rigid' cases. We don't plan to take quite as many clothes this time and love the fact that  you can just be yourself and not get too hung up on what you wear. Having followed the other posts we really will try to be a bit more adventurous on this visit but.......I'm not confident that we will achieve it!!

Keith can.........meet up with friends.........in Kalkan

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2017, 11:57:15 PM »
Oh Keith I'm so envious.  :)

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2017, 03:26:49 PM »
Well......our bags are packed .......we're ready to go.....almost sounds like the lyrics from a well known song? Just two more sleeps (Well one and a half really) and we'll be on our flight and heading back to our favourite holiday destination. We have made a conscious decision to restrict the amount of clothes etc that we are bringing and I'm pleased to report that our hold luggage is well within our allowance. I even managed to keep calm as I packed the 'rigid' cases and calculated the weight distribution to perfection. Time for a refreshing glass of wine and a chilled evening. Last bit of food shopping tomorrow to ensure that our other son has a well stocked selection of food (he will be dog sitting for us) and then we can really get into holiday mode.

Keith can........finally imagine being back...........in Kalkan

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2017, 06:04:37 PM »
We are also pretty much at that stage Keith.  Cases almost fully packed - just realised that the trousers I plan to travel in had gone into the case and had to come out again.   Dog is off to the kennels in the country in the morning.   We will so miss him.

Two more sleeps for us, we travel on Monday but an afternoon flight so don't have to get up at silly o'clock that day.   It means we will arrive at Kalkan in the dark but will see the sweep of the bay with all the lights.   I think it will feel quite warm when we arrive compared to the weather at the moment, just had some thunder and lightning and heavy rain.

A bottle of something bubbly is awaiting chilling in the fridge for tomorrow evening when cases should be ready by the front door and we can relax and get into holiday mode.  There should also be something ready chilled in the fridge when we arrive in Kalkan to have a late drink to celebrate being back.

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2017, 06:29:43 PM »
Sounds good to me. I'm hoping to enjoy my first Efes at 7.00pm  on Monday evening. It's so nice to be fully prepared with a day to go.It's my birthday tomorrow so will be looking forward to a nice steak and chips washed down with a glass of wine or two.

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2017, 08:32:41 AM »
I had a few problems with the WiFi yesterday but normal service has now been restored.

Our flight from Stansted was on time and apart from a few bits of turbulence was uneventful. I was pleasantly surprised that Tracey didn't appear to let the bumpy flight affect her......I do believe that she is becoming a seasoned traveller. As she says you have to endure the flight in order to get to the place that we both love.

We are staying at the same villa as our last visit in June and we were in, unpacked and enjoying the view by 4.30pm on Monday afternoon. It is good to be back in familier surroundings. We had arranged to meet up with some friends from Newmarket at 7.00pm and so shower and change and we were ready to make the most of our first night. We sauntered down to Bezirgans and I was soon enjoying my first Efes. It went down a treat and hit the spot. Our friends Julie & Gary joined us and we all enjoyed a few more drinks before heading to Mussakka for dinner. It is great to see and hear that visitor numbers are up and that the bars and restaurants are busy. There is a much more positive feel to the place. Mussakka's delivered its normal high quality food and we all set off back to the villa. Gary and Julie had walked past the villa on a number of occasions over the past 13 years or so but had never had an opportunity to go inside. Needless to say they  were very impressed and we enjoyed some further banter as we sat on the roof terrace, soaking up the view, and enjoying some much earned G&T's. It was a little after midnight when we bade our farewells and got ourselves to bed.

As per normal we were up just before sunrise (I have to confess to having a bit of a hangover). Tracey did inform me that she had made the drinks a little bit stronger than normal. My headache soon dispersed as we sat enjoying the early morning view across the bay and we both commented on how relaxed we felt. This really is a special place.

After a few cups of coffee we decided to get showered and wander into town. We need to pick up some basic provisions and arrange an airport transfer for our son who will be joining us on Saturday. I also take the opportunity to discuss our plans for a trip to Meis next week. We are informed that it will be £30 per person which includes pick up from villa, arranging paperwork etc and return to Kalkan. This seems very reasonable and we will just need to decide what day we want to go. Very adventurous?

The rest of the day was spent soaking up the sun around the pool before pre-dinner drinks at Berzigans and our first visit to Alternatifs in its new location. I have to say that the service was attentive and the food was delicious. We enjoyed it so much that we book a table for Sunday evening. The prawn rools starter was mouth wateringly delicious  and the peppered fillet steak cut like butter and melted in the mouth.

Back to the villa for a refreshing drink on the balcony before bed.

Keith can.......confess to his first hangover.....,,in Kalkan

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2017, 12:29:53 PM »
Fantastic report Keith - glad to see you have got round 2 of your Kalkan time off to a flying start!  I cannot praise Mustafa and the team at Alternatif enough...they really got us out of a hole in August when my birthday celebration plans went south.

They put on a great meal for us and I know several of the party visited them again during the trip so it worked out well for us all

Enjoy the rest of your stay

Keith can.......make us all horribly jealous....in Kalkan

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2017, 12:43:58 PM »
Loving your take on Keith can...........in Kalkan Haybo.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2017, 03:14:41 PM »
Well Keith Can in Kalkan! I have been waiting and here it is! what a fab first report, thank you so much! Really brightened up my day on this wet and miserable day at work!  Firstly, well done to Tracey on the flight! and secondly, hope that you had a lovely birthday, certainly sounds like you have.  We didn't make Mussaka this year, but as you know we certainly did visit Alternatif, fantastic food isn't it.  Can't wait to hear your report on Meis, I guarantee you will have a fabulous time. 

Enjoy your holiday and look forward to reading more!  :D :D :D :D

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2017, 06:51:15 PM »
Oh Keith appetite and whetted come to mind. Just over three weeks till we get to our favourite place of all. We've checked in on line but our suitcases haven't come out the attic yet.
Our beautiful great granddaughter Savannah-Joyce was born yesterday 7lb5oz but although beautifully formed she has spent the last 24 hours in the neo natal baby unit. She has a slight problem which the staff at New Cross Hospital in Wolverhampton have addressed and been wonderful but it's still a challenging time with something so small.
So Kalkan is on the horizon but spine tingling so far away.
Have a fantastic time and go to Meiss it's a lovely day out and well worth the trip.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2017, 06:27:30 AM »
Keith most certainly can........chill, relax and enjoy in Kalkan! Sounds like you're right back in the swing of things!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
First time to Kalkan - Family of 3 - recommended restaurants in Kalkan please??

Started by Harrogate_female on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post October 05, 2009, 01:48:16 PM
by howmad
xx
Transfer to Dalaman from Kalkan 24/10/2009 / return Dalaman to Kalkan 9/11

Started by Buster on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post October 02, 2009, 11:23:26 AM
by Buster
xx
Well, I have to get a pre-Kalkan tan somewhere........

Started by antler on Other Resorts

12 Replies
Last post April 01, 2013, 12:05:14 PM
by antler
xx
New to Kalkan

Started by Bri on Introduce Yourself

6 Replies
Last post April 01, 2014, 09:06:36 PM
by Bob & Jayne

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal