Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Post Holiday review  (Read 3491 times)

Offline Mrs M!

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
  • Holiday Junkie!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Post Holiday review
« on: October 16, 2016, 08:32:26 PM »
I had every good intention of writing a blog whilst in Kalkan but enjoyment interfered!

We were visiting for the 4th time but it was our first September visit (we were previously ruled by school holidays) - what a revelation, it was fab! We stayed for 2 weeks in two different properties both in the Old Town. Apartment Emily the first week -  which having previously visited we knew was fab, then on to Villa Doruk for the second week - beautiful outside space for our large party but the inside was a little tired 😴

To surmise:

Restaurants visited:

Salonika - loved the street eating 'vibe', the food wasn't the best we had but was good.
Hunkar Ocakabasi - much bigger than our last visit which, sadly for us took away some of its charm. The food was decent and cheap(ish) though!
Samdan - new restaurant in the redeveloped harbour area, the food was simply fantastic, pleasantly surprised 😳 It was so good we did it twice!
Doy Doy - we'd heard a lot and having never been decided to give it a go - sadly it was distinctly average and overpriced (comparatively).
Korsan Fish Terrace - beautiful food enjoyed by all!
Sade - my 50th Birthday meal, it was, as always amazing and they really gave us a fantastic evening.

Cocktails:

Botanik - we really enjoyed this last time we were in Kalkan 2 years ago but this time it was really disappointing, I think they were more like 'Mocktails' given the distinct lack of alcohol....
Black and Gold - we went there having never previously visited and having read reviews on here, we weren't disappointed - lovely Cocktails with amazing presentation 🍸
Authentic - nice Turkish seating, Cocktails were good for some of us not for others!

Trips:

We went to Kekova with Mediteran Travel - a brilliant trip and such a lovely company. We've used most of Kalkan's travel companies previously and they really stood out for us.
Saklikent Gorge/Tlos - we used Mediteran again for a private tour for our party of 8 - such a fab day and amazing value. £25 per head - private minibus, Ringoing at the Gorge, entrance to the Gorge, Lunch at Yakkapark in the Mountains (amazing food)! Then on to Tlos.
Boat Trip -  we had an amazing day out on our favourite boat - Neptune. Such a gorgeous boat, loads of space, Sezgin and Tracey are wonderful and extremely flexible regarding itinerary etc.. The food was plentiful and wonderful and we had the most incredible day!

Beach Clubs:

Despite our good intentions of going to all of them we only managed Kalamar and Indigo! Both are lovely, but for different reasons - Indigo wins on the food front hands down; Kalamar wins regarding the layout and swimming, the sea in this sheltered cove was SO gorgeous and as avid Snorkelers we loved it! 17tl a day which included Taxis there and back was a no-brainer.

All in all we had a wonderful holiday and can't wait to return. We had 2 Kalkan newbies with us for the second week and they LOVED it and can't wait to return!

We have loved reading everyone's reports on here and have genuinely found them very insightful, so thank you all!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13532.0
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 11:49:31 PM by Mrs M! »
Lou :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: Post Holiday review
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 06:05:58 AM »
Sounds as if you had a great time, thanks for sharing.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 08:54:39 AM »
Thanks for the summary Mrs M, sounds like a fab holiday was had by all.

We really must try the Fish Terrace as it's one of the few restaurants we still have yet to frequent.

Roll on next year.  :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 07:55:12 PM »
Thanks for posting Mrs M!
Isn't it lovely to come outside of peak weeks? Always good to hear about everyone's different experiences of Kalkan - no two holidays are the same. We still haven't got to Sade...note to self *try harder*
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Mrs M!

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
  • Holiday Junkie!
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 12:15:04 AM »
It was so lovely out of school holidays, September is the only way to go now!

Offline Sezkalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
    • Fabio
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 01:59:54 PM »
Just home yesterday and Sade was our favourite restaurant of the holiday. Had a fabulous meal there.
We also love Indigo - the food and the views, along with the free cake and tea at the end of the day are unbeatable!
Can't wait to return in April. Just hope things improve iver the winter in Turkey and Kalkan gets the visitors it deserves.
Our property - 3 bed, 3 bath, OWN POOL, fab location:-

https://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p1897579
www.kalkanpad.com
Facebook:- Apartment Fabio, Kalkan

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
There's only one way to cure the post holiday blues................

Started by pw on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post July 08, 2012, 12:09:25 PM
by pw
grin
Don't forget to Post your holiday dates on here!!!!

Started by Chucky on When Are You In Kalkan / Arrange a meet up

0 Replies
Last post June 30, 2011, 05:03:32 PM
by Chucky
xx
Bad restaurant experiences - to post or not to post?

Started by Mags on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

12 Replies
Last post June 18, 2011, 12:41:27 PM
by Enişte
xx
Review

Started by sidari on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post May 27, 2018, 05:03:16 PM
by sidari

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal