Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Shirl is Back in Town  (Read 36647 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Shirl is Back in Town
« Reply #140 on: August 31, 2016, 05:33:42 PM »
Gutted you are home!!!!
Where did that time go? High Five for the mere 6lbs - you'll have that gone in no time with the help of your Fitbit :). I can easily put on a stone in Kalkan - I blame eating full-on meals practically every day rather than cocktails and ice cream (sometimes together..) and I'm not there as long as you've been this time. Hope Bob's eye is getting better now he is away from the dreaded mosquitos...what is wrong with them?
I'm sure you will be back to paradise in double quick time, regaling us with more of your AbFab escapades in the sun - Easter? either way it will be before me..just 282 days to go :'(
Thanks for posting I've absolutely loved your blogs :-*
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #141 on: August 31, 2016, 05:52:09 PM »
Thank you K4E for your lovely comments on my blog, so glad you enjoyed it, it was fun writing them, although pretty grim now we are home and the thought of going back to work tomorrow! Yes my fitbit has been in good use since returning home, been on 2 runs so far, and what with only having salad since getting back, am hoping I will be back on track soon!

Bob had to visit the Doctor yesterday, it is in fact a cyst on his eye, and not a mozzie bite, so antibiotics for him, and hoping it will get better soon.  I am however covered in mozzie bites, legs not looking at their best lol!

Not sure when we will be out next, but maybe one day we will all be in Kalkan together and can sample a few of those cocktails!  :D :D :D

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #142 on: August 31, 2016, 05:56:26 PM »
I would like to say thank you to Tortoise Lady at Yellow Villa for the amazing Olive Oil and Olives that you gave us, we have just opened the olive oil tonight and it is delicious. It didn't leak in the case, we managed to wrap it in bubble wrap and tea towels!! The olives were delicious too, but were consumed in Kalkan!  :D

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #143 on: August 31, 2016, 07:04:35 PM »
Aw Shirl that's a fab post a d bright back such happy memories. Must also thank tortoise lady too as I guzzled more than my fair share of those delicious olives too.
Hope Bob's eye is responding to the treatment. OH's just back from the Dr's armed with heavy duty antibiotics. We just need another holiday now to get over this one  ;D
P.s I'm missing you  :-\

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #144 on: September 01, 2016, 07:07:10 PM »
I have been following your blog with great interest.   Such energy!   I scarcely left the house this time (wonky knee) but sat enjoying the view from the roof terrace.

It was great to meet you and Bob - hopefully our paths will cross again sometime in Kalkan.   We are very staid I think compared to you and Lizilu.   Both your blogs kept me entertained and looking forward to our next visit to Kalkan in just over a week.  Just wish I had been out and about to see you dancing in restaurants.   

I will be looking forward to your next blog.

Glad the olive oil got home safely.   We brought quite a lot home with us and it survived the journey, very well wrapped up and of course needed to go into the hold luggage.

When we waved goodbye to Kalkan in August it helped knowing we would be going back in September.   Also with our little dog awaiting us in UK - as I am sure any other dog/cat lovers with agree having a loved pet to return to makes homecoming a joy.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #145 on: September 04, 2016, 07:46:50 AM »
It was lovely to meet you Tortoise Lady and must have been a lovely thought waving goodbye knowing you will be  back this month.  Hope you are a little more mobile now, but the view from your roof terrace is beautiful, so even though you didn't get out much, must have been wonderful sat up there enjoying the view.

Bob and I are thinking we need another holiday already, he still has a bad eye, and I have had a sickness bug for the last 24 hours!

Have a safe journey and maybe a blog or two!

J&B

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Sea Front Promenade from town beach to Komerluk - back on?

Started by Jamera on General Discussion

14 Replies
Last post February 13, 2009, 12:18:51 AM
by Roxie
xx
Sun, Sea and Shirl!

Started by Bob & Jayne on Holiday Reports and Reviews

100 Replies
Last post September 05, 2015, 10:18:37 PM
by Skunk
xx
Shirl & Bob - We've Finally Gone and Done It!

68 Replies
Last post June 22, 2018, 04:33:39 PM
by Babs
xx
Sassy Shirl is Reunited - Absolutely Fabulous!!!!

80 Replies
Last post September 05, 2017, 09:27:08 AM
by Lizilu20

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

June 2011 Holiday

Views: 2895
By: hodstar
Tlos